1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This is what Winning looks like

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Obamanation, Oct 23, 2013.

No, I'm not talking about partying yourself to death in your mansion with mountains of blow, a gaggle of high end hookers, and a donkey, like Charlie Sheen.
    [​IMG]

Oh no, I'm talking about winning Obama Style.

The ACA steam rolls down its merry path and now the Kaiser Family foundation, one of the organizations that tried to sell us this unpopular monstrosity, has this to say about it:

So how many people who liked their insurance can keep it, as the president claimed? According to Kaiser, Florida Blue in Florida is terminating about 300,000 policies, about 80 percent of its individual policies in the state. Kaiser Permanente in California has sent notices to 160,000 people – about half of its individual business in the state, and Independence Blue Cross, the major insurer in Philadelphia, is dropping about 45 percent of its individual policy holders.

These are all anecdotal examples which, in and of themselves, represent more than a million people, many with pressing health concerns, being thrown off of their insurance policies thanks to the ACA, but considering the causes, it is not unreasonable to suspect that around 50% of all individual health insurance policy holders in this country lost their coverage due to the ACA.

If you are not an individual policy holder, there is a good chance your company offered health insurance policy is either being cancelled entirely, or cancelled moving you onto an ACA conforming policy. For that reason, Walgreens ejected 160,000 employees from it's health care roster, Home Depot and Trader Joes are simply dropping coverage for all part time employees on their payroll.

With literally millions of people being ousted from their health insurance plans, one might think, "Hey, at least the ACA is driving down the cost of individual insurance, so I can afford to buy a policy at the new health insurance exchange". Again, the Obama administration is "Winning".

The interesting tidbit from that article is that people are seeing premium hikes, even after government subsidies. Forbes reviewed the numbers and the average policy holder in California is facing a premium hike ranging from 64%-146%, even with a subsidy. In other words, many people who had a health insurance policy they were happy with were kicked off of their policy, forced to buy a policy which cost them more, and put on government assistance at the same time. Welcome to government assistance America.

With millions of people being ejected from their insurance policies, one would think people flooding the exchanges to get health insurance would be the one shiny spot on this turd. One would think Obama could trumpet loudly, "Look at all the millions upon millions of people flooding the exchange seeking out affordable health insurance, WINNING!!!!". You know it is exactly what he planned to claim, except......

36 thousand people, .4% of all site visitors. 3% is the expected conversion rate of any site selling a product with competitors, yet the government health insurance exchange has no competitors and manages to convert less than 1% of it's traffic? No wonder the white house has gone "transparent" (obama style) with official enrollment numbers. Thankfully, out here in the private sector, we have organizations that can track that data whether or not the government decides to release it. Some other interesting facts from their findings:

[​IMG]

These numbers create the shape of another disaster for this already disastrous policy. The plan was to have give health insurance companies windfall profits by forcing the young and the healthy to pay for outrageously high priced insurance policies, thus offsetting the extreme costs of health care for the sick (The elderly were already covered under Medicare). If the millions of people forced onto government health care by mandate(threat of fines) do not materialize, the already newly doubled prices of policies will skyrocket yet again.

On an anecdotal basis, all of my company's current health insurance policies are ending at the end of the year. There were about 30 choices when I signed up. The list of new policies to chose from is now down to 4, all of which are worse than what I had before. My wife, not covered by the company policies(old or new), was on an individual policy in the private California market. That policy too will no longer exist after Dec. 31st, and the nearest equivalent via the exchange (CoveredCA.com) is nearly triple.

Winning!SEMrush

Obamanation, Oct 23, 2013 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Winning! They wrote about this on PBS too: Why the health reform law is causing thousands to lose coverage. I still don't know if I'll be effected. I get health insurance from my employer, although it has a $2000 deductible. Once you've paid that $2000 it's pretty decent coverage. I've never used it. Although I think it's worth having in case something really, really bad happens. It's just $30 a month. I was sick a few months ago, but it was just very minor. Kind of an upper respiratory infection. I work for a medical company, so one of the Drs just prescribed something for me at no charge. They do offer a better plan but it's pretty expensive.

Rebecca, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  3. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    W-i-n-n-i-n-g!!

[​IMG]

Source

Why in the hell anyone on this earth thought that he could execute something like this is beyond me. He couldn't manage a fruit stand!

The plan was a joke, the website is a joke, and he is a joke.

grpaul, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  4. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "Dem Party is F****d." That was the subject line of an email sent to me Sunday by a senior Democratic consultant with strong ties to the White House and Capitol Hill. The body of the email contained a link to this Los Angeles Times story about Obamacare "sticker shock:"

"These middle-class consumers are staring at hefty increases on their insurance bills as the overhaul remakes the healthcare market. Their rates are rising in large part to help offset the higher costs of covering sicker, poorer people who have been shut out of the system for years."

"Although recent criticism of the healthcare law has focused on website glitches and early enrollment snags, experts say sharp price increases for individual policies have the greatest potential to erode public support for President Obama's signature legislation."

In his story, reporter Chad Terhune also quoted a letter sent to a California insurance company executive. "I was all for Obamacare," wrote a young woman complaining about a 50 percent rate hike related to the health care law, "until I found out I was paying for it."

-----
    Ron Fournier
    National Journal

Winning! In 2014, voters will get to go look at Obama's "win" of the government shutdown in the afterglow of knowing who was looking out for their interests, and who was trying to ram this monstrosity down our throats.

Imagine a family of four earning 100k, paying ~6k a year for health insurance prior to the ACA and 12.6k a year after (Very real and accurate numbers). Basically, that family of four just took a 6.6k/year or 6.6% tax hike.

Obamanation, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  5. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    The stock photography models on healthcare.gov website are now visibly panicking. Horrible to accidentally become the most hated face in America.

[​IMG]

Obamanation, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  6. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Speaking of no common sense and complete stupidity... I wonder how much money they could have handed out to each "uninsured family" rather than building this stupid website? :)

Too bad the Obama administration doesn't give handouts.. . Laugh!

grpaul, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  7. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Winning?

grpaul, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  8. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    The last 10 or 15 seconds of that video tell the whole story. How does a president get Insurance executives to shut up about how many people they threw off of insurance because of the ACA? Simple. The Government now accounts for 48% of their revenue, and you don't piss off your biggest customer if you want to stay in business.

Now our private enterprise can sound as stupid as Kathleen Sebelius in front of congress.

Why doesn't the ACA cloud system have end to end encryption for transportation of you sensitive financial and medical information? Uh...... don't know, but the buck stops with me.

How many people have actually signed up via this system? Uh.... don't know.

Its beyond belief.

Obamanation, Oct 31, 2013 IP
    grpaul likes this.
  9. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    New Poll Shows Democratic Incumbents in Big Trouble
    Today brings a new poll from Democracy Corps titled "Revolt against DC and the Republican Congress." And it's true: their polling shows that even in Republican districts, the GOP's brand has taken a beating.

But once you get past the generic questions and ask about approval/disapproval of actual members of Congress, the picture turns sharply. I've combined two charts to show what happens when you ask people in battleground districts about their own representatives:

[​IMG]

Source- Mother Jones
    ------
    In other words, Republicans remain unpopular, but Democrats are about as welcome as chlamydia.

This is what winning looks like.

Obamanation, Nov 1, 2013 IP
  10. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Another win?!

We are responsible for the rollout. Not the President... LOL

grpaul, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  11. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Oh the very dark irony.

Obamanation, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  12. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Lying has become the norm. . .

grpaul, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  13. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    NICE.

Now this is how you make friends, http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/11/06/obama-slams-texas-health-law-resistance/

This is what the Dems are all about, and this is exactly why this guy is in office.

Step 1: Ignore the failure.
    Step 2: Ignore those that know it was a failure.
    Step 3: Start attacking others.

This has been an absolutely failure, everyone knows it, but he still has the audacity to start trolling around the nation bashing others for not buying in.

Amazing.

grpaul, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  14. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Obamanation, Nov 8, 2013 IP