1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This is not spam!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by fraserhead, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    You know having multiple accounts here is grounds for having all of your accounts banned?

Not only did you jump in here as a newbie who was not being considerate to the community, you also created a fake account to do it.

Not sure you you should be getting kudos and attaboys for your behavior here.

aeiouy, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  2. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe it was the way he just said THIS IS NOT SPAM, that got him the red rating.

What a fucking useful thread title.

Perhaps if he'd of said 'My first e-book, comments appreciated' he wouldn't of got the bad rep.

James - I like the cover ;) .. a licence to print money indeed.

Still, what we don't know is.. what are you going to do with those e-mail addresses you're collecting and people are happily putting in?

Are you going to use them to sell/promote your own future products through, charge advertisers to blast e-mails to the list?

You should make it clear to those who want the book, since there is no other reason for you collecting their addresses asides from that, which is fine.. if you let them know.

Else they just end up whinging that Costas Dedes is e-mailing them shit, even though it's not actually him.. but his affiliates. <g>

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  3. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Whats the big deal? Well even though I didn't red rep him I should...

First of all, that is NO way to introduce yourself to a new community you want to be a part of... You want to jump in and participate in some discussions get a feel for things etc. Just jumping in and posting something could very well be considered in and of itself spam regardless of where the end link goes.. But that is okay.. and can be acceptable in some areas... it just means it is not someone who is serious about being part of the community here...

Then he shows up with his "real" identity because he was afraid of getting bashed for what he did? So not only did he think what he was doing was wrong, he committed another more serious offense to protect himself.

I think his accounts should be banned personally.. Not sure why you are his biggest fan Homer.. Perhaps you could spend some private time with him and teach him some socialization skills.

aeiouy, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  4. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    I absolutely can't see the offence he did that could cause you write so much on someone that didn't do you anything. He's just testing the grounds, if he's afraid of something, it's just his problem as long as he's not spamming any thread on this board, he's ok.

(...) perhaps he changed account cuz of the red rep he was given

Anyway, ignore the sour grapes Neurophase and welcome

webmistress, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  5. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Actually I didn't notice that...I actually thought it was the proprietor visiting the thread to claim the link :confused:. I don't spend enough time here to be that observant, good heads up and I agree with you now! THAT DOES BOTHER ME. Neurophase...fraserhead whoever you are get your multiple personality thing sorted out :rolleyes:.

Anyways call it what you must...I found some of the views he has good!

Homer, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  6. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Note: From DP policies, having multiple accounts could led to all of it being banned.

Just to let those who haven't read it know.

iskandar, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    When I read something like "This is not spam" in a thread title, it's like those spam emails I get with similar titles in the subject line. If it's not of a spammy nature, why even say something like that.

A much better start would have been. "Hey guys, I have written an ebook about adsense and there is a lot of free information that I hope can help someone answer a few questions here and there. Feel free to give me feedback or ask questions ... "

Right now, this looks more or less like a hit and run post and it doesn't make me want to visit that site one bit ...

Blogmaster, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Totally agree to that. The rules are clear.

fryman, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  9. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    You're such a fairy, Fryman.

"Personal attacks against people, or sites will not be tolerated. If you have an issue with someone or their site, take it up with them personally."

That's also in the boards policy, yet you still do it on occasion, but I can't be arsed to look back through the threads where you've done it. As you say, the rules are clear. Guh-hu-hu-hu, hu-hu.

Refering to 'rules', you fucking ponce. You will never be British.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  10. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Having multiple accounts is definitely against the rules of this forum. Fryman and aei were simply saying that the rules should apply to anyone. Some people don't like the fact that I've changed my user ID, now imagine if people were to keep getting different user IDs. What would be the point, so you can chat with yourself?

Smyrl likes this.
  11. explorer

explorer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Quotes rules.

Breaks rules.

When you try to come back Gadood, I suggest you sign up as the_lemming.

explorer, Sep 18, 2005 IP
    Smyrl and Blogmaster like this.
  12. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    I aren't the one being a hypocrit, explorer.

You cannot quote reference to the rules and say someone else should be banned, if you yourself are breaking them in other ways. That's just rediculous, and that's what Fryman did.

Are you with me?

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 18, 2005 IP
    Hodgedup likes this.
  13. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    If you weren't dropping F bombs and chewing someone a new arse with every post someone might be with you, dude. Because of this these threads fall off topic and turn into a flaming match...lighten up guy!

I gave you some red only once and kindly asked you to lighten up but you continue shooting for top dog :confused:.

Homer, Sep 18, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  14. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Sometimes I think that is his true intention :)

15. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow that is some impressive company on that list. Costa Dedes, SEOIndia...

For Pete's Sake I am not sure why lots of people haven't started ignoring Pete.

I have done it for a long time now.. Just wish I could keep his name from showing up in threads. Even ignored his habitual double-posting is annoying.

aeiouy, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  16. Neurophase

Neurophase Guest

Best Answers:
    Ok guys why doesn't everyone just calm down.

Seeing as this is all my fault, i apollogize to anyone i have upset. i wasn't aware of the fact that it was against the TOS to have multiple accounts.

The reason i signed up for another account in the first place was because i got short shrift from an unreasonable moderator. I did exactly what everyone is saying i should have done; i started a new thread that said something along the lines of "hey guys i've just written a new AdSense eBook why don't you check it out.. Its free Blah Blah Blah"

My thread was deleted, i got a private message saying: "this is spam!"

Therefore, i signed up with a new account and started a thread saying: "this is not spam!"

Also, i am amazed by the amount of hypocrites on this forum. Certain self-righteous cunts try to sell themselves as characters who "aren't in it for the money", demonizing oppurtunists and calling them scam artists. What the fuck is this forum about if its not about making money?

P.S. Thanks to those of you who have been helpful and have given me some constructive comments.

James

Neurophase, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  17. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I totally agree...

PinoyIto, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  18. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    I assure you that you haven't seen the worst of them yet :p

webmistress, Sep 18, 2005 IP
    Neurophase likes this.
  19. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I'm with you on this one, Homer. I also sent him some green.

minstrel, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  20. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, look.

He made a mistake, I would apologise to a mod and ask if they can merge the accounts.

Fryman you are being harsh,

but Gadood: "You will never be British". Who the hell are you to judge ? - what kind of comment is that ?
    He IS British. His passport says so. Or does he need to be in the BNP for you to approve?

Design Agent, Sep 18, 2005 IP
    minstrel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.