1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This Is My Last Post - It's Been Fun Fellow Writers

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by coreygeer, Jun 7, 2014.

I believe I've been on Digital Point since 2007. I've met a lot of clients in that time and met a lot of fellow writers as well.

I've watched this place dwindle from a freelancer's marketplace to a bazaar full of penny chasers.

This forum has turned into a battleground where freelancers fight over the opportunity to write for $3/$5 articles and that seems to be the common price range around here anymore.

I've been DDoSd because of a client I refused to write for, I've been stalked through Facebook and met all sorts of interesting characters this last year from here. My Skype used to have over a hundred contacts that constantly kept me busy (most of which were from here and American).

Now, my Skype gets requests mostly from Indians who want me to turn their new site into an authority site with $3 content.

- The moderators are more concerned with who is deliberately bumping threads around here more than preserving the quality of what used to make this place great.
    - The Administrators refuse to delete my account. I've decided as they said in the Support forum, to just walk away and don't post anymore.

I'm grateful for everyone else who fought for not only quality content but quality pricing as well. Whenever a penny chaser opened a thread, there was usually a few of the same names I recognize questioning their objective and their motive for obtaining .50c per 100 word content. Now, even those are starting to get deleted.

I've decided I'm throwing in my hat around here because this place isn't going to change. It went from being a capitalism paradise to a run down ghetto that seems to be abandoned.

My advice to new writers who can speak English and write coherently: Don't waste your time around here. Don't fight with everyone else in the content section trying to chase $5 articles and trying to impress people who have a laundry list of requirements for what they're paying.

As a matter of fact, don't waste your time with job boards or forums at all. Sure, you might catch a break with a bulk client every once in a while, but is it really worth it? You can make FAR more money writing for yourself.

I've put it off for a while, but I'm finally going to start developing my own site and market myself as others who stopped coming here long ago suggested.

I remember when the forum used to have a couple of pages of new clients requesting content writers and you would have to spend a lengthy amount of time going through them all and replying to them. Now, it's usually 1 new client every few days and it's usually the same thread.

Needless to say, making rent or living money was quite easy.

"I request quality contents will pay $3/500 words! ONLY HIGH QUALITY!!!"

It just seems that actual writers and career driven writers are no longer welcome around here. It seems that the embrace is going out to these desperate writers who are just trying to buy some food or people interesting in making enough money to buy a new video game.

I've tried warning people away from the path of hiring a bunch of cheap foreign writers because I've done it. People usually just shrug it off through and think I'm BSing them and they never truly learn their lesson. They'll keep coming back here time and time again, blaming the writer of course while searching for the exact same thing.

I'm happy for anyone who has found success here and anyone who wishes to remain in this hopeless wasteland, but I think that's it for me. I think I'm straying away from all forums to be honest. The golden days of forum marketing and making money from them are long gone.

So long fellow writers, I hope you find success in wherever you go. I also hope that this place someday can return to its former glory instead of this disgusting slave market that it currently is today.

coreygeer, Jun 7, 2014 IP
    uand.eye likes this.
  2. tom11011

tom11011 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    >>>Now, my Skype gets requests mostly from Indians who want me to turn their new site into an authority site with $3 content.

Lol, India now outsources to America

tom11011, Jun 9, 2014 IP
    sarahk and Michael Levanduski like this.
  3. tac88

tac88 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Stop crying already..And shut the light off on your way out please ...
    Just think if you would have used that 761 posts to create your own forum back in 07
    where you would be NOW...

Best wishes ...

tac88, Jun 17, 2014 IP
    iamalive likes this.
  4. TREYC

TREYC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    And the biggest douchebag of the year award goes to....

tac88! Come on up and take a bow my good man!

TREYC, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  5. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to see you go chief.

As an American writer; I understand your concern.

There are other ponds though; and there are always clients looking for high quality above all else. :)

In any event; I wish you luck!!

And stay cool.

CandleKeep, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  6. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good riddance.
    You were a poor writer as I have tested you out personally.
    A scam artist as I pointed out before along with many others you scammed Corey Geer.
    You are of very poor character and constantly managed to annoy people for no good reason, specifically referring to your poor choice of anti-semitical posts.
    We are happy to see you go and stay away and please rot in peace in whatever hole you fall into, please fall hard but not too hard as to kill you in one snap, I want it to hurt long long time.
    Good rottance to you scammer.

iamalive, Oct 12, 2015 IP