1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This guy violating ?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by MindBuster, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    WTF?

I've been following this thread the whole way through. What does this statement have to do with this thread. Are you lost?

Mia, May 6, 2006 IP
    The Webmaster likes this.
  2. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    I am simply making a correlation between reporting the guy versus emailing him and diplomacy versus war. I, a female, would choose emailing and diplomacy while the majority in this thread, men, would choose reporting him and war. Lighten up a little bit please. It's Saturday. :p

NewToAllThis, May 6, 2006 IP
  3. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    NTAT, The Point I was making is that if you DO chose the direct contact route, then MOST of the time this is what leads to war, as the ofending party mostly takes the stance of 'what the F*** has it got to do with you'?

This is why reporting the site is the correct way. Notice, report, move on.

Old Welsh Guy, May 6, 2006 IP
  4. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    Looool lol. In that case I would report him! :D

5. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    Spoken like a true woman ;)

How come women can smile at you while they push a knife into your heart ;)

6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    "How do you write women so well?" "I think of a man, and take way reason and accountablity."

No offense, but if women were invovled solely in any type of conflict such as a war, the argument would never end. :rolleyes:

Mia, May 6, 2006 IP
  7. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had the exact opposite response from webmasters. Only two times out of thirty was I given a "go to heck" response. I was able to copy that e-mail into my Google Report. I had two other webmasters never respond so I also reported them to Google. The other 26 thanked me.

I used to be a big time adwords advertiser and that is when I ran across these sites. Also back then google was a little less forgiving and even a minor infraction often ended up in a ban. I really don't hold anything against anyone who reports to Google. I have a problem with posts like "this guy is so screwed" or "can't wait to see him gone" or "there goes that guys meal ticket." Post like these put me into immediate "that is such a minor infraction - he/she does not deserve that" mode. So I want to step up and help the wayward webmaster. I would want someone to do the same for me. We all make mistakes and since the TOS/program policies/ and searchable help section are open to so many interpretations anyone of us could make a simple mistake(and most of us have over time).

Now back to the e-mails to the webamsters:
    My e-mails to the webmasters are very polite. And usually start off like "I was just visiting your site. Was more than impressed with it. But I'm a Google Adsense advertiser and I noticed that you had a small issue that may go against Adsenses terms of service.

I then explain the issue.

There are a few forums that can help you with your adsense money earning
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27
    *****usually list more here****
    These websites have helped me come into compliance with all rules as well as increase the amount of income I was making.
    Hope these can help you too.

toomuch72, May 6, 2006 IP
  8. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    That’s an easy statement for you to make when you probably don’t spend a cent on Adwords.

How would you feel if you spend your hard-earned cash on Adwords and find the site your ads are being served on is breaking the TOS? You suddenly see that you have spent hundreds of dollars for nothing.

This guy knows 100% in what he is doing and if he doesnt understand the TOS then he doesn’t deserve being a publisher, it’s that simple. In addition, this person is an experienced webmaster so he has no excuse.

I personally spend money on Adwords based on this guys topic, you really think I am going to waste not only my time but also my money telling him he is in the wrong? Maybe it would be better if I sent him cash for nothing.

Your BS statement regarding woman vs men is a bit rich - you honestly think that all female adsense publishers or Adword advertisers wouldn’t report him but would rather email him first? Actually, don’t answer that, start a new thread in the General chat section and keep this thread on the topic of this guy breaking the TOS.

cormac, May 6, 2006 IP
  9. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you've been hurt in the past. Sorry to hear that. I don't care for the knife to the heart. Too messy. I prefer to bring him to his knees by utilizing the time honored choke hold technique. ;)

10. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    Hahaaaa! Maybe so but at least the casualties would be zero. :)

11. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I do based on the posts in this thread. Your points are well taken. You are speaking from an advertiser's perspective. But the majority of us are publishers and we should not be so quick to punish each other for minor infractions. None of us work for Google and we are not being rewarded for turning the wrongdoers in. Where's the benefit in getting someone banned? Please scroll up and read Toomuch72's excellent post.

12. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I also use AdWords, so no I don't like publishers who cheat, and when I check my own referrers I report those who are cheating and got money from me, hoping that I get my money back from Google. Otherwise I don't report, but not because I don't feel they deserve it, just because I'm lazy and I think they are too many of them out there: it's not my job.

I think it's totally stupid to base any thinking on gender, in negative or positive. It's like basing thinking on race: reserved to stupid people who think they're clever.

JamesColin, May 6, 2006 IP
  13. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    BTW - I'm a male and I'm one for strongly letting people know before reporting to Google.
    Now for a quick note on why I take this stance. One time I had a person point out a flaw in my adsense advertising. I had read and abided by the Terms and Conditions(TOS). At the signup time I was made to only agree to the one document. Later on a friendly individual e-mailed me and pointed me to the Progam policies - a tiny link on the bottom of the page when you sign in. I believe you now have to agree to both but there is still a HELP section that has further rules that I only learned of when doing a specific search.

THe person who helped me out also told me of this forum and have been a quality publisher ever since. In fact there are many things(rules/guidelinse) I've learned on these forums that are not included in both the Google Terms or it program polices or the help pages. This is why I pay it forward. I know almost every person in these forums has at one time or the other run up against a grey area on their sites if not a violation. Thank goodness you found this forum and you knew that it was a violation before someone else found it and reported you to Google.

toomuch72, May 6, 2006 IP
  14. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Now that I have read this thread more thoroughly, and especially the posts by toomuch72, I am now changing my mind about adsense violators.
    No longer will I report such sites as I come across them.
    And to make my life easier, I will not email the webmaster and explain to him his possible violation.

Just will in the future leave that up to other people and google to have fun over.

Toomuch72, yours was the best I have read in this forum.
    Keep posting such good material.

iowadawg, May 6, 2006 IP
  15. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Minor infractions? Your joking right? The guy practically spammed his forum posting adsense on his posts in every thread - to me this is major and he/she should actually be asked to pay up any money he earned via his Adsense account.

Speaking with my publisher hat on - its up to me to look after the advertiser’s investment into Adwords, after all they are the ones that are paying my revenue and without them, we would not be getting any money.

As for Toomuch72's excellent post - fair play to anyone who emails a webmaster to warn them of a TOS violation but to be honest anyone who does this is placing themselves as an authority figure more or less saying its ok to break the TOS once, just don’t do it again - that’s Google's job not ours.

Again, this guy is an experienced webmaster and he knows rightly that he is breaking the TOS.....he is cheating everyone, Google, Adwords users, Adsense publishers and even his forum members.

You do know that this type of person helps drive the cost of Adwords down? Meaning lower payouts for you? Figure it out and then ask yourself if emailing the webmaster helps you as a publisher :confused:

cormac, May 6, 2006 IP
  16. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    NOOOOO not at all :D I wasn't talking about love when I mentioned the heart thing, I was just saying that most women can lie through their teeth, be all sweetness and light , face of an angel, when the reality is they are the Bitches of Eastwick ;)

17. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    I see your point. But cheaters are everywhere. You talk about cheaters driving revenues down for us publishers yet Google made $2.7 billion in revenue. Who are you really helping by informing on the cheaters? :confused:

18. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    Loool. I know exactly what you mean. :p

19. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    What does this have to do with Google making $2.7 billion in revenue? This is about us advertisers and publishers from loosing money.

Now that you asked - So what if I help Google in catching cheaters? I am protecting “my” investment and "my" revenue.

cormac, May 6, 2006 IP
  20. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Just to heads up,
    I have sent an email to the addy, got from whois lookup, and got a bounce back notice. Some permanent error.
    anyone else tried sending mail to him?
    Seems, he doesnt care b'coz the "or try this" tag is still there.

PS: http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=28287#28287

The Webmaster, May 6, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.