1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This guy violating ?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by MindBuster, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    MindBuster, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  2. AdsenseAddict

AdsenseAddict Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely a violation. It's either labeling ads or encouraging others to click on the ad. Report it to G immediately.

AdsenseAddict, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  3. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I bet he's making a killing with that, but too bad for him once Google pulls his earnings.

Tyler Banfield, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  4. AdsenseAddict

AdsenseAddict Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe. Poor guy.

AdsenseAddict, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  5. jaybong

jaybong Peon

Best Answers:
    Would it be against TOS if he didd'nt say "or try this" (the second link) ie can you put adsense it forum posts.

jaybong, May 1, 2006 IP
  6. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that would be acceptable as long as you don't exceed the number of ads allowed on one page.

Tyler Banfield, May 1, 2006 IP
  7. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    "or try this:" In my opinion is a minor violation. Usually forum creators who do this have an auto script to post the code into the forums. You may want to contact the forum admin and tell him/her of the violation. This is something that could probably be resolved without wasting Googles time plus save the forum in question a lot of heartache by bringing him into compliance.

There is no excuse for not reading the TOS. But as a webmasters you sign hundreds of TOS's across the net for every submission to directories/search engines and when it comes to the TOS's that matter sometimes people are just blind to them.

Having someone point out when we make a mistake will often result in a much better outcome for Google, the violator, and you will just feel good cause you helped save some guys income.

toomuch72, May 1, 2006 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Advertisment bot.. Inventive.

Mia, May 1, 2006 IP
  9. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    Stop snitching!! :mad: Do you work for Google? Snitching is definitely not cool.

NewToAllThis, May 1, 2006 IP
  10. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, why condemn the owner when a simple PM or email could probably fix everyones woes.

cldnails, May 1, 2006 IP
  11. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sadly I agree with this line. What once was concern for the Google program has turned into a giant easter egg hunt where people study adsense sites until they find something wrong.

Blatant violations don't require puting a site under a magnifying glass. That is why they are called BLATANT.

HELP THE WEBMASTER FIRST it is way easier than bothering Google with trivial reports. If google is gonna waste time with complaints let them be TRUE BLATANT violations.

toomuch72, May 1, 2006 IP
  12. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude this is not prison... Letting google know is not snitching.. Everyone's livelyhood is at stake. If it is a minor violation google will contact them and ask them to fix it.

It is certainly going to have more weight coming from google than it is from some anonymous person on the internet who is likely to be blown off.

People breaking the adsense rules cost everyone else money. It is not a matter that is so simply dismissed in a juvenile manner as calling snitching or minding your own business.

Certainly you can contact the owner of the forum if you feel like it, but that is not any of our responsibilities. Contacting google is certainly the most efficient and effective method to deal with such issues.

aeiouy, May 2, 2006 IP
  13. MindBuster

MindBuster Peon

Best Answers:
    Please read the thread title, it was a question....

On a side note, i havent reported him to google, but i'm not gonna sign up at his website just to PM him about the problem, or mail him or anything, third, i'm a adwords advertiser aswell as adsense publisher, so i dont like when i see sites trying to trick ppl into clicking, that is taking money from us advertisers.

MindBuster, May 2, 2006 IP
  14. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you think this site is "tricking" people into clicking then by all means report him/her. We all have different views on what is a Blatant violation.
    I personally see this as a simple oversight on the webmasters side. A report to Google does not always get a "please fix this note" but sometimes gets the webmaster banned. My thought is would you like this to happen to you?

Let me get this straight I'm not against doing something to help Google and will report a violation if I have taken the steps I can take on my end. I have saved google time(and money they have to hire people to handle complaints) many times by contacting the webmaster directly and them fixing the problem. If they do not fix the issue that is when I contact Google.
    If you can take the time to post here or write google an e-mail then a 3 minute signup to tell the webmaster "hey you screwed up" is not too much to ask.
    It is up to you HOW you want to take on a website. But remember you can catch more flies with honey...

Edit: and mindbuster--I don't think that the question was the concern you did good by posting here and asking it was more of adsenseaddicts response. that I think set off the whole HOW TO GO ABOUT REPORTING DEBATE.

Oh and on this neither is it your reponsibility to be reporting to google in no case has Google ever solicited our help. Every single report that is sent to Google also cost every advertiser money in overhead cost cause each e-mail has to be read and followed up on. For each employee that Google has to hire that is money out of "our" pockets.

toomuch72, May 2, 2006 IP
  15. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually you are 100% wrong. Google actively wants people to report sites you might feel in violation. Trust me when you ask them they will tell you they sincerly appreciate and want all the help they can get it. It is my responsibility to protect my livelyhood and that is jeopardized by adsense violators. It potentially takes revenue from me and also scares off advertisers which also hurts me. Perhaps you don't feel a responsbility to your income, but I do to mine. Much more than I feel any responsibility to some stranger who did not take the time or effort to read the adsense rules and/or chose to disregard those rules.

Your cost-benefit analysis between reporting bad adsense users and the benefits from those people being removed is way out of whack. I hope you have a better handle on managing your own business and finances. Adsense violations cost Google, Publishers and Advertisers a huge amount of money each year. The cost it takes for them to have people to respond and investigate these claims is a minor drop in the bucket and ends up saving everyone money.

Everyone can do what they want. I just don't appreciate it when people try to browbeat someone down for reporting violators to google with schoolyard tactics. There is nothing wrong with reporting violators to Google, and it makes me question the motivations of those who would try and disuade others from doing so.

aeiouy, May 2, 2006 IP
  16. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    As I have said before(in amnay other threads). I'm not against reporting to Google. But I am against willy nilly reporting violators that can be fixed with an e-mail to the webmasters. This saves Google money(the guys paid to follow up on the claim) and makes adsense better for the advertisers.

For every advertiser that gets kicked out of the Adsense program that is one less places adword ads are showing-Increasing the cost per click(good for us) to advertisers(not good for advertisers) and producing less Clickthroughs for the advertisers(also bad for advertisers).

With each Webmaster we can help to LEARN creates a better Adsense site. Every single one of us(dp members) learn by reading these forums. We can then impart that knowledge to other people who have not yet found DP.

If we take the issue that started this thread the violation is actually mis-labeling the ads. Most everyone who signs up for adsense agrees to the Terms and condtions but there is yet another world of program policies and things in the searchable "knowledgbase" that tell you all the true rules. Most newbies do not read these sections because they are hard to find. Shoot the only link for program policies is at the bottom of the page in tiny print.

Should this be an excuse? NO. But have we all made mistakes? YES -- I can guarantee that almost every webmaster has done something that could be on the IFFY side or just a violation, but until we read about it here(at dp) it just didn't click in our brains that it was. I have a soft spot for newbies because everyone has to learn and not everyone who is starting out knows about websites like DP to help them out.

NOW this all being said have I reported violators--sure I have out of 30 websites that I have found breaking the rules(when I was an adwords advertiser and checking my stats) 26 of them(webmasters) responded to direct emails and corrected the Violations(less than 24 hours for 14 of them). The other(4) I reported to Google.

So as you can see I just have a different philosophy on the whole thing. As of late reporting to Gogole does not seem to be the kiss of death it used to be because Google seems to be trying to help webmasters comply rather than the blanket ban they used to hand out so if you choose to report directly to Google that is your choice. And I would never try to BROWBEAT(LOL) anyone.

toomuch72, May 2, 2006 IP
  17. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Advertisers don't belong to the adsense program, they belong to adwords. Kicking out illicit publishers helps all the other publishers, it does not hurt them.

Sites that are using tricks to get higher click throughs cause advertisers to look elsewhere because the benefit of their ad placement is less and their return on investment drops.

Everyone does make mistakes, but Google is not the Gestapo. Anyone who has worked with them for any period of time and had actual interaction with them knows that. If it is a minor violation they will check it out and warn them, I pointed that out in my first post. This is going to be significantly more effective in getting that publisher who made a mistake on board than a pm from some random stranger. So consider the letter to Google a favor. If it is egregious enough, they might take deserved stricter action. There is no way google would have banned the site in question here. They would have contacted them and worked with them to make sure their site was in compliance.

That is a win-win for everyone.

aeiouy, May 3, 2006 IP
  18. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Man! I would hate to be that guy! Woe is him!

Cheap SEO Services, May 3, 2006 IP
  19. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Its a definite Violation.

And to everyone, who have symapathies to Adsense violator-

Ignorance is not a bliss.
    If you dont have time to read TOS/Program Policies OR you dont care about that OR you think you are smart enough to fool Google, as well as all the Advertizers and Publishers, who chose to play it safe and fair, then you dont deserve to be in the program.

may be few of you guyz do not agree to this, but ask those advertizers who pump in money to this program and lose their money to these violators and never get them back.
    put yourself at the possition of the advertizers and think would you like those lamers?

The Webmaster, May 5, 2006 IP
  20. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Plus if some of them are doing it makes me want to do it too, and because I do not want to do it ONLY for fear of having my account disabled, I'm unhappy that some people can do it and me not. Call it jealousy, but I'd prefer they don't do it or they loose their AdSense account, I don't really care I just don't want them to do it if I can't do it. Simple, basic, lame, but true.

JamesColin, May 5, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.