1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thinking of Going Freelance! [HELP?]

Discussion in 'General Business' started by GodOfSEO, Aug 16, 2013.

Hey guys,

I'm looking to become a full time freelance SEO consultant instead of my current job of 4 days a week.
    I currently have 4 freelance clients, get an enquiry a day (weekdays, on average) from my blog.
    My current 4 clients combined are about $3,500 per month.
    I currently have 3 leads that might join on with me, adding another $4.5k from them.
    I'm going to rent an office at $400/month (+ internet) near to me so I can be near to my office.

My plans:
    Keep my blog going/growing & get more affiliate sales (Around $600/month from affiliate sales on my blog at the moment)
    Gain more clients from both my blog & oDesk
    Get clients for Writing (I have a few that will pay me $200/article)

Just interested in any tips you guys had and if any of you have done the same as I'm looking to do?

I'm not doing this yet, and have a lot of decisions to make but want to know 1) What you guys think & 2) What there actually is to do.

Kindest Regards!
    - Charles

GodOfSEO, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  2. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are able to get involved then you can take the risk. If you do not have enough time to serve more customers then hire an employee. Expand your activities regularly.

adbash, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  3. bluewaveseo

bluewaveseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    one thing a lot of people forget about is making sure you have your "back office" operations in order before you get started.
    meaning how will you handle your accounting, work flow tracking, filing and organization etc etc. if you have a solid system
    in place for these things it will save you a lot of headaches and allow you to concentrate on productive things.

bluewaveseo, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  4. BRITTANEY86

BRITTANEY86 Banned

Best Answers:
    I will not advice you to quit your current job,just find a way of working on the two.I would suggest you hire someone to help you boost your new venture​

BRITTANEY86, Aug 17, 2013 IP