1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

They banned my account..But I feel funny because...

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by beginner, Apr 5, 2005.

1. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    Hopefully yahoo will have better support since it seems google isn't very good in that area.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  2. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I have found Google to be really good with customer response. The only times there is a lag time is when the matter at hand is not black and white but 'grey'

Homer, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  3. beginner

beginner Peon

Best Answers:
    Geee...I sent them an email as u said..But I think it is not going to work because from the previous posts I heard that none of the people that their accounts disabled get their accounts back.Thats why I didn't send them the email earlier..But it is much better to give a try than not at all.

beginner, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  4. paymentapprovaltooslow

Best Answers:
    It can't hurt. Just explain to them the situation and be very specific.

5. beginner

beginner Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm..btw..anything good about the yahoo program?

beginner, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  6. paymentapprovaltooslow

Best Answers:
    It is still in developement. Yahoo hasn't leaked too much out. The yahoo program won't be able to replace adsense though. Adsense will remain #1. Like comparing yahoo auctions to ebay auctions.

7. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    There are other types of PPC, DynamiContext or Kontera Tags for example which place a live link on various words in your text. These work quite well.

Cyclops, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  8. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:

Make no mistake NONE of them come close to the all mighty Google

Homer, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  9. paymentapprovaltooslow

Best Answers:
    Yea, I read about people getting only .1 cent with other serivces. Or being rejected for stupid reasons. Google is number one here.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  10. eCommando

eCommando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have heard of a few cases where Google lets web sites back into adsense.

eCommando, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  11. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Homer, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  12. paymentapprovaltooslow

Best Answers:
    It is very rare. You will need a very good explanation, and you must prove that you didn't click the ads eith malicious intent and yuo must get past all the autoresponders to actual humans.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  13. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    This very true. The first sign of rejection is if your email is not responded to within 24 hours...your out, move on.

In my experience, Google is very good at customer/user care. Unless, well you know...http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=13095

Homer, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  14. paymentapprovaltooslow

Best Answers:
    I use to run bidvertiser for awhile. They pay between .15-.35/click which is much better than other adsense alternatives. However, the html ad code options are much more limited.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  15. bluecrashkit

bluecrashkit Peon

Best Answers:
    Google dropped us for invalid clicks as well. We didn't click our own ads, nor did we in any way incentivize clicks, and I wouldn't even know where to FIND an ad-clicking bot, let alone use one. They've been doing this with a lot of small publishers lately (especially webcomics), and seem to have no appeal or review process.

One reason people are being dumped is ad-clicking bots that certain entities target at other people's pages in order to swamp competitors' ad budgets (see below for how I found this out--Google refuses to offer any explanation beyond, "invalid clicks were generated on your site"). I assume larger publishers have more recourse than we little guys.

I know only one person who managed to get past the autoresponders and get reinstated--another webcomic author like myself--and the only way he got reinstated was that one of his fans happened to work at Google, looked into things, and found that the invalid clicks had been rapidly generated on LINUX platforms within a very narrow range of IPs, and that it was obvious he had nothing to do with it.

My advice to any small publisher (obviously if you're big they'll work with you) would be to avoid Adsense, as you can be dropped and denied payment for what other people do on your site, even if you've been a member in good standing for months (like we were). I'm not comfortable using any ad program that regularly dumps, bans, and denies payment to people who follow their rules with no explanation and no appeal.

We're looking for good alternatives at the moment, so any suggestions (currently running Kanoodle and we'll likely try out Kontera) are welcome.

bluecrashkit, Aug 15, 2005 IP
  16. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Without knowing anything about your site, I have to assume you did something to violate the TOS. Hidden text, for Adsense pages, putting adsense on pages that are not allowed, calling undue attention to adsense, asking people to click on the ads.

Go back through the TOS and see if you didn't do something wrong. I bet you did. The invalid click mail is a pretty generic one and seems to cover all kinds of violations.

It is highly unlikely that someone else got you banned by clicking on your ads.

You can't really be dropped and denied payment for what other people do on your site. I have yet to see it happen. if you don't break the rules, Adsense is a perfect vehicle for the small publisher.

No offense, but everyone who has come here and claimed being innocent has later turned up being guilty, with only a couple of exceptions, and those exceptions all got re-admitted to the program.

aeiouy, Aug 15, 2005 IP
  17. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    Another one bites the dust.

Another one gone, another one gone, another one bites the dust.

Worldwid, Aug 15, 2005 IP
  18. 4FYB2R

4FYB2R Peon

Best Answers:
    I see a lot of strong statements about people who click their own ads. True, on purpose this would be a fraud, but I don't buy that Google would ban someone for few click they did themselves. I think Google looks at this kind on loss on the advertisers side as 'collateral damage' and in my opinion is impossible to avoid. One example, if someone goes to a library and clicks thier own ads - undetectable. Obviously. But lets look at an abvious 'done by yourself' click - when you sign in to Adsense to check your account on a shared computer, let it be your family, friend, co-worker or just traveling on the other side of the world. You sign out and leave the desk. Then another geek or two take over the internet and do thier thing. Your website pops-up and they click few of your ads. There is no way for Google to know if the clicks are done by different people or one. I go my my sisters house and check my Adsense when I am there. She or her friends are interested in what I am writing and I bet they will click and ad if it honestly interests them - I would too. If few 'done by yourself' clicks would get people in trouble, then it would mean that I would have to leave a note every time I access a computer on town (or out of town) with a note 'please, if you ever go to this .... website never click on any ads'. Nonsense !

4FYB2R, Aug 15, 2005 IP
  19. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    What's your point, 4F?

Crazy_Rob, Aug 15, 2005 IP
  20. 4FYB2R

4FYB2R Peon

Best Answers:
    My point is that while of course clicking ads on your own website is bad, and of course I discourage it, it can happen that a stranger will click those ads on the same machine you have just left, and Google has no way to distinguish between the clicks being made by the same one, two, or whatever number of persons, unless they have a camera there installed, LOL

In other words, there might be a number of clicks from the same IP and it does not mean that one person was spamming the website. More, if Google takes the note of the IP and all types of comuter data to identify the machine on which someone signed into their Google account and then there are clicks done on the ads from the same machine, it does not necesserily mean that the owner of a specific website is clicking his own ads to create revenue.

So, I think there is an 'error margine' which allows a certain number of 'suspicious clicks' taken in consideration by the Google team before they get annoyed with it. Therefore, there is no point in panicking if someone clicked their ads on their own website a couple times (by accident of course, or out of genuine interest in certain advertisement - hey, I did that and guess what - while maybe I got 5 cents for that click I have spent few dollars on the advertised product and made some money for the Adwords owner).

So, if my opinion, if someone gets banned, if the reason behuind this was invalid clicks, there must have been a huge number of them. If not, then clicks were not the reason why someone got banned, unless someone at the Google headquaters is having a very bad day and decides to shoot some sitting ducks for fun.

If I was an Adwords user I would wright off a certain percentage of the ad money as lost due to invalid clicks, including my own workers, and I would never get upset about loosing money due to few innocent dead-end clicks. Hundreds of them would be a different matter of course.

So, I think Google might be looking at this big picture the same way, and there is no reason to panic after doing those few accidental clicks, and if the banning happened try to figure out the real reason. And if you're still 'alive', just keep on working on those sites and wait for the next payday. :)

4FYB2R, Aug 15, 2005 IP