1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

These Rotten Gas Prices!!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by reciprocal_link, Aug 28, 2005.

Well for the first I should say I'm glad that I didn't vote for bush and voted for John Kerry.. I'm sure if John Kerry was in power that our prices of gas and goods etc. wouldn't be so high and our nation would be doing very well as a economic from large to the small independent business owner... I was taking a look at the number of factories here in Minnesota and there has been a drastic decline. I had some relatives up from IL and they told me that almost 50% of the factories have closed down..
    I really feel that as a whole we all need to do are part to get Bush and Dick Cheney out of power. These gas prices are totally ridicules. I wish the independent truckers would do what the truckers did back in 1974... They drove their rig until it ran out of gas and parked it on the side of the road. Others went to gas stations and kept honking their horns as a way of showing HEY We'Re tired of paying your high gas prices.. This went on for almost a week. Some went on strike, and quite driving all together. Some jack knifed their rigs on the interstates as a way saying HEY We'Re tired of paying your high gas prices.. I even recall that getting fresh milk, produce was about impossible and the only thing a person could really get out of the grocery store was can goods.. The price of gas went right down and things went back as usual. But it took the independent truckers to do something about it.

So for all that read this, I ask you to think about how this is effecting your pocket book and your family...

reciprocal_link, Aug 28, 2005 IP
    GuyFromChicago likes this.
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Thats a pretty big assumption that if John Kerry was president gas would be cheap and everyone would have jobs. Since the war was already in full swing (remember he would have done the same thing, as he stated during his campaign, just "different" - whatever that means), there isn't much John Kerry would of done except a complete withdrawal. That wouldn't mean lower gas prices.

John Kerry didn't get elected because he didn't stand for anything. He only came as close as he did because the two choices seemed to be Pro Bush, or Anti Bush - no Pro John Kerry.

I think there should be protests over high gas prices as I believe there are a lot of reasons for the current crisis, most of them having nothing to do with war. But to say John Kerry would have fixed all problems just because he "wasn't Bush" shows you don't know a whole lot about politicians.

I can think of 2 or 3 people I would have loved to see in office but none of them are John Kerry

yfs1, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  3. reciprocal_link

reciprocal_link Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I didn't plan on this being a Debate.. I was just pointing out that w/ all the faults that bush has done and that are economic has drastically declined.. COME ON PLZ.. These darn loyalists and this so called war in Iraq.. Its not a war over in iraq.. Its just another way bush could use to put money in his back pocket and SCREW the american people more.

reciprocal_link, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  4. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Well, political threads are usually a debate here. Its what many people love about this forum as as heated as they get it isn't personal.

If you were looking to just make a unchallenged statement that should be viewed as a fact, this probably isn't the forum ;)

yfs1, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  5. leeds1

leeds1 Peon

Best Answers:
    you want to be in the UK where the government add 67% tax to fuel

we're on something like $7 a gallon over here

count yourselves lucky :)

leeds1, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  6. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    People with a decent income and a steady job tend not to join the military.
    No, it's a war over securing oil supplies from the middle east. The world's major producers of crude oil are mostly centered around the middle east, certainly the most influential ones.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPEC

mcfox, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  7. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

The Oxford Dictionary has a "Weights and Measures " page at the end.

It says 1 American gallon is 3.785 Litres
    and 1 British gallon is 4.546 Litres.

Which one are you refering to?

sachin410, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  8. yfs1

Best Answers:
    In Ireland it is about €1.10 per liter

THis would mean $1.35 per liter putting what we pay at about $5.10 per US Gallon. Petrol Prices in the UK (especially London) are usually higher so he most likely means US Gallons ;)

yfs1, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  9. blinxdk

blinxdk Peon

Best Answers:
    $6.3 for 1 US gallon here in Denmark. But that isn't so much a problem because we also have a 180% tax on vehicles so I can't afford a car anyway. Paid almost $10.000 for my 1994 Yamaha FZR600R.

blinxdk, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  10. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    You guys think gas prices int he United States are high now. Wait until this hurrincane hits. Last on that didn't even hit New Orleans (major oil/gas port) left me without gas for 2 weeks. Not only will this hurricane be catostraphic (sp?) (new thread, would of any you guys be interested in going down there for labor day weekend plus a few days to help start with the clean up?) to the city of New Orleans but to gas prices in our part of the region. I'm going to go gas up now and maybe start a site fillmygastank.com :p

mizt, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  11. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Hurricane just passed here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ferret77, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  12. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For those who can't actively help, pray for those in that region. I just read the news about it, and that what's coming up on Monday some time around 5.00 - 8.00am is not nice.

Arnie, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  13. webstop

webstop Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe the gas prices won't fall before 2008. The sucker bush is closely related to oil circle, how will he let go this gold mine?

webstop, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  14. isaiasd2003

isaiasd2003 Guest

Best Answers:
    with John Kerry, economy,etc good, then sudden flip flop to market crash! lol :D
    as for the factories closing down, u can mostly blame the powerful china nation for that, they work people of all ages kids and up hard on everything, and pay them crap, thus giving us a savings, and you can now look at just about anything hardware, etc! ANYTHING and you'll see it say made in china, made in india, business buys out of US cause its less, and cause americans want it less. So we've got a bigger problem on our hands than just a Presidency. You see now of days even other countries have joined the china band wagon and sold stuff for extremely low prices while employees in these other countries get pennies to work on. -As far as what Kerry said, he explained in the many televised shows about how he would use some government spending (after filtering all the yaking) to encourage factories, and businesses in general to keep the workers, and not go overseas. Now you see most corp. owners have already been overseas for a long time, its the factories that have joined in on the idea, since it cost less to product in other countries. The real question economy wise is, where does the final amount of dollars lye in the end of the process, in most cases for corps. it ends up gaining huge profits and they fire or lay off U.S. workers just because they want more money. As for the factories, well I've heard from many managers of factories that they would of shut down either way, because of the alarming increases in prices on stuff they needed, can't remember if it had anything to do with gas, but it was for sure more than just one thing, were beginning to compete with the world, just as webmaster compete to be 1st on Search Engines , eh dunno how to feel about it, though things need to be evened out so we all get a better fair share or others economy will bust in poverty, while some will skyrocket. :confused: :( Just thing, all the while we believed in earning more while others earned very little, and now their earning more(their country earns more in total after all the pennies paid out, as for the people inside the country, they get crap) as we earn less or nothing(meaning lose job). I stick pretty close to this stuff. cspan rules :D

isaiasd2003, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  15. isaiasd2003

isaiasd2003 Guest

Best Answers:

isaiasd2003, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  16. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    hurricane katrina

ferret77, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  17. reciprocal_link

reciprocal_link Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I was def. refering to the USA. Actually I woudn't really think anyone from over seas would have any input about the president over here. but hey I guess I was wrong.

reciprocal_link, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  18. reciprocal_link

reciprocal_link Peon

Best Answers:
    My prayers go out to those victoms of hurricane katrina.. Could you imagine losing everything? I couldn't.. Thats why I wouldn't even risk living in a area that could be hit by a hurricane... Or live in a area that is tornado alley.

reciprocal_link, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  19. wanboll

wanboll Banned

Best Answers:
    LOL Debate it is.

Were paying almost £1 a litre over here in the UK. That is disgusting i think and i would totaly support another petrol boycott like we had a few years ago.

For anybody who does not know the magority were truck drivers who blocked all the routes the tankers were taking almost bringing Britain to a standstill. There were qeus stretching right down the street for petrol and then when you got to the pump you was only allowed £10 worth.

It did seem to make a bit of a difference to start with but then people soon forgot.

I think petty prices were about £0.76p a litre then and even after the "petrol crisis" it has still somehow creeped up to almost a pound today.

I dont think that by not voting for blair would make a difference (even though hes a lapdog for bush and he shouldnt have got back in), I think this would be the case under any government.

I also think most people in the UK supported the petrol shortage. True we had to go short on petty which also means we had to go short on everything else but if it worked it would have been worth it.

I think the only way to reduce petty prices is to do the same again and if it carries on this way i think it will happen. There have already been talks this year about creating another blockade.

wanboll, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  20. jpcesar

jpcesar Peon

Best Answers:
    Just for you guys have a clue...

Here in Portugal the gasoline prices are: USD 1.6 for Litre = 0.264172051 US gallons

You fill up your car gas tank and you pay USD 65 ! for a 40l tank.

jpcesar, Aug 30, 2005 IP