1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thermal Transfer Printer or Direct Thermal Printer?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Marklin Pinazo, Sep 5, 2017.

Hi,

I want to buy a printer for my home use only. I know there are too many experts and experienced people who can recommend me.

Which one would be the best Printer? Thermal Transfer Printer or Direct Thermal Printer?

What’s the difference between direct thermal printing and thermal transfer printing?

As I know, thermal transfer printing utilizes a thermal ribbon and direct thermal printing does not. The thermal transfer involves the thermal print head elements (dots) heating the backside of a thermal transfer ribbon to melt and transfer the compounds on the front side of the ribbon to the label material, thus creating the printed image. Direct thermal printing requires a heat sensitive label material. The print head elements come into direct contact with the heat sensitive material where the heat from the elements causes a color change in the material to create the printed image. (an example for Thermal Transfer Printer https://www.icrfq.com/part/682167-5146477.html )

Direct thermal label printing has traditionally been a niche technology used across several narrow vertical markets including meat, poultry, and dairy. However, developments in thermal paper technology have resulted in a broader range of products that are now suitable for use in many applications across nearly any vertical market. The result has been increased interest in direct thermal as the technology choice for new or upgraded applications.

So which printer would be the best printer? A better suggestion would be highly appreciated. Hope someone can help me.
    Thanks

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Marklin Pinazo, Sep 5, 2017 IP
  2. SpacePhoenix

SpacePhoenix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What sort of stuff do you intend printing?

SpacePhoenix, Sep 5, 2017 IP