1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

themed links

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by leeds1, Jun 29, 2004.

hey

all this Atlanta Real Estate and other stuff about other sites dropping off the planet - could it just be about links from themed pages ?

ie: if you don't have any - bye bye

I have only lost one page out of serps recently (fingers crossed) and that's because I didn't have any external inbound links to it

I think that's far enough by G - no links - must be Cr*p

Other sites I have seen bombed might have loads of links - but probably off P7 non relevant sites

Thoughts ? :confused:

leeds1, Jun 29, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    For the stuff I do personally, theming doesn't seem to matter at all. But I don't buy, sell or trade links either, so that might be why. I get links from all sorts of random sites, and digitalpoint.com doesn't have any single theme.

digitalpoint, Jun 29, 2004 IP
  3. leeds1

leeds1 Peon

Best Answers:
    yep - it's weird - but you must be targeting something , and that something must have some theme.

I also noticed (OK for one site) it was #3 for a plural - now it didn't have that word on the page - now it's gone

leeds1, Jun 29, 2004 IP
  4. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have looked at a whole load of movement downward pages, and I 'think' Google has done something with keyword rich domains, and the anchor text that matches the url. I 'think' it might be in the domain name rather than th entire URL.

Anyone else picked up on this?

Old Welsh Guy, Jun 29, 2004 IP
  5. TLDTrader.com

TLDTrader.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I've read somewhere that Google might be going in that direction. That is, time will come that it will also check for the relevance of the domain name itself with regards to the anchor text.

TLDTrader.com, Jun 30, 2004 IP