1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Theme wont work with prefix www.

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by acid2k1, Feb 11, 2015.

Hello,

I am hoping someone could help me, I am using a VPS server with WHM and I recently just setup Google page speed dns and it works fine, I installed a fresh word press on the domain and everything works fine as long its just mydomain.com but I want to add www. to my domain so I added it to the admin page in settings/general, and i changed the wordpress URL and site URL to http://www.mydomain.com, it loads the theme but some icons are missing and it doesn't load the search bar basically doesn't load it all compared to if I had the Home URL and site URL as mydomain.com. Is there somthing I missing from the DNS? I dont know what else to do please help. Thanks

acid2k1, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  2. niknar1900

niknar1900 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it's the CNAME in your DNS settings (did you add www)?

niknar1900, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I would try reinstalling the theme after the changes - might be some stupid coding involved, using the wrong url - however, it should resolve to the same end-destination anyway, so it should work regardless.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  4. acid2k1

acid2k1 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply, yes www has been added and its pointing to the google dns.

acid2k1, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  5. acid2k1

acid2k1 Member

Best Answers:
    I have done that multiple of times still nothing, I even contacted the owner of the theme and it works perfectly for him even with google page speed. Thanks for the help.

acid2k1, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Could you perhaps provide the url to the actual page so we could have a look?

PoPSiCLe, Feb 14, 2015 IP
  7. acid2k1

acid2k1 Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, here is my link http://www.dine4less.co.uk/ but if click on browse categories and click on any one with listings on it for an example food, there is two listings in there but they wont load, it just keeps spinning but if i change the url to (without www) dine4less.co.uk/ it will load and I dont know why. Thanks.

acid2k1, Feb 14, 2015 IP
  8. cubus

cubus Peon

Best Answers:
    You should edit your directives in Apache and set proper aliases. Eg. ServerAlias yourDomain.com www.yourDomain.com

cubus, Feb 18, 2015 IP