1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Worth of ONE Person in Your Business is....

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by nicolasmd2112, Aug 11, 2015.

?

When it comes to a successful business, which is more important?

1. Quality

50.0%
  2. Quantity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It Depends

25.0%
  4. Neither, money is all you need to be successful

25.0%
    Everything.

The power of a single person is rarely discussed on the forums, so this is my attempt at breaking that silence.

As an Internet Marketer, Online Entrepreneur, Digital Business Person, the impact a single person has on your business is greater than you might think.

It's no secret that we entrepreneurs make our living by selling to others. We offer them a good, which is either in the form of a product or service, then the consumer compensates in the form of money. It's a simple exchange that has existed since the dawn of civilization.

But...what can ONE, single person actually give you?

Theoretically, you can make $50,000 in a single year from one person. Provided of course that they make at least that much. So where is the line drawn between what we make vs, what we could make?

Well, that line is yourself. The only thing stopping you from making more money, IS YOU! You are your worst enemy, as they say.

This mindset causes many to complain. Why? People want quick fixes to complicated problems. The real truth however, is that the world does not work in such a way, not even a digital one.

It's a yin/yang type of thing where hard work will yield lasting rewards. Speaking from personal experience, there has not yet (even being as established as i am in internet marketing) been one easy day. BUT, everyday, i can still wake up and smell the money...in the form of profits.

My success can be attributed to the never ending research i am constantly doing. Learning always. Because... just as in the real world, the smartest people make the most money. And honestly, if your one of those individuals who jump from info-product to info-product expecting to find quick and easy ways to make money fast, without barely reading the material, you have already signed you IM death certificate.

True success comes in the form of quality investments.

For many, these investments do come in the form of buying info-products, which is fine.

Quite frankly however, there are WAY too many info products out there that preach quick and easy fixes. Especially for list building. This idea confounds me. Why would anyone want to build a quick list? Quality is not synonymous with quick, and it never will be.

This can only really be overlooked if your able to both build fast and give it quality. Which, unfortunately most info-products don't show you how to do.

Many forget that you can make just as much, in most cases even more, with a list of a smaller amount, but is a quality one.

Recently there have been some products hitting the IM market that show how to better convert the traffic you already get from your otherwise small lists. This is what we need to focus on. QUALITY. Because,

QUALITY LISTS = RESIDUAL INCOME = FINANCIAL FREEDOM

List building should be a long, tedious, and painful process with some tears mixed in between.

That might sound a little exaggerated, but you get what i'm trying to say.

There is no easy route (unless you have deep pockets, which most of us don't). The best businessmen and women know the importance of forging relationships and partnerships to be successful. Teamwork, and cooperation will always get you farther, as opposed to going it alone.

The exchanges in business are more like partnerships than anything. It's give and take. Your list of loyal subscribers will click on anything you send them if they like what you constantly send them. My subscribers know that each and every email i send them is worth the read, whether it be promotional or not. This gives me residual traffic, so now i don't have to worry about traffic.

So really, this post was kind of about list building, but in all actuality, the worth of a single person in your business is why you are in this business to begin with.

nicolasmd2112, Aug 11, 2015 IP
  2. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course everything, but what weighs more than anything else in my opinion is quality.
    Quality is what makes a business, quality builds brand, reputation and trust.
    Quality gives a very big impact in every business.

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 11, 2015 IP
  3. DigitalLegos

DigitalLegos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is all about finding the right mix of skills and talent.

DigitalLegos, Aug 18, 2015 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Over the years, I have been involved with a number of successful companies (and also unsuccessful companies, of course.) I have observed a company that had a great product and horrible people (B players) and processes. They are a big success story simply because of having developed a great product. I have also watched a company with a mediocre product become great simply due to the skills and perseverance of its founder.

So, my answer to your question is "Yes." :) The formula for a successful business is as varied as the wide array of people, markets, and cultures around the world.

jrbiz, Aug 19, 2015 IP
  5. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hear ya and agree for the most of it, but when you say quality is everything I have a small issue with it. Of course in digital list building it is the quality of the list and leads which makes the difference but in other business types it is the target market who determines what type of quality you should be serving. You cannot make the best product you can and then serve it to the lowest income level of the city. You get what I mean? Digitally it is a bit different but still, like for instance I have some seriously rich clients for websites and they pay top dollar and expect the best quality in everything. On the other hand I have some smaller companies working with me who are not as rich, I try to give them the best I can but if I spend 23 hours on the expensive website I cannot spend the same amount of time on the other, hence the quality is not as good as the first.
    I hope it made sense, by the way cool article, thanks.

Mehdi.b, Aug 19, 2015 IP
  6. kyescontent

kyescontent Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that the value of the single person is greatly overlooked. The right single person might have the influence to promote you to many others. Plus, at a deeper level, you are emphasizing the *value* of the customer. A business that values its individual customers creates value for them.

kyescontent, Aug 19, 2015 IP