1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The World's Greatest Mystery - The 1st King Ever

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by drmike, Dec 5, 2009.

According to wikipedia, Alulim is the first recorded king in history. This, in my opinion is a pretty significant thing... many questions come to mind when pondering the first kinf ever... such as:

Who made the first king king?
    How did the first king become a king?
    Why did the first king become a king?

And many many more...

But, what information do we have on this Alumim?

Here in its entirety is the wikipedia entry on him:
    So there it is... all we apparently know about the first ever king. If anyone else has anything to add I would love to hear about it. It has always boggled my mind on how someone could just become a king one day, what the hell was so special about him? Why did others allow this foolishness to happen?

drmike, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  2. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    People like to be led. It resolves them of responsibility.

I realised this when I see a training video where 100+ people stood around asking each other what to do as the building filled with smoke, they all died. Even in a situation of life and death they still waited to be told what to do. Most people feel illequipped to make decisions for themselves and even fewer are willing to take charge. So if someone happens to suggest that they should take control in this power vacuum most people will be willing to go along with it.

stOx, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  3. drmike

drmike Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are valid points, however I would still absolutely love to know how it happened. I mean was there an election? Did he just declare himself king? Was there any competition?

drmike, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  4. amanamission

amanamission Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously, humans had kings for a long time before this early notation. The role evolved from tribal chieftans, who generally earned their position by being a fierce fighter or hunter, often fighting to retain power, and frequently losing life and headdress to a challenger. Naturally enough, the established chief would use their influence to guarantee the role to the next generation, which led to the dynastic style of inherited royalty.

The association between deity and royalty was a feature of most recorded civilizations-the notion that the king (or, less frequently, reigning queen) was in fact a mortal incarnation or progeny of a god. The Pharaohs of Egypt made elaborate use of this device, but it was a common tactic which allowed absolute rulers wide sway and provided theological justification to often indefensible acts.

The "divine right of kings" echoes this idea, as does the archetypal god-son myth of a certain well-known religious empire which has borrowed this authority to effect some very concrete changes in the realm of pure political power for quite a few centuries.

amanamission, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  5. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, most probably it is as the saying 'might is right' he declared himself king as he started gaining popularity and power.

dess71, Jan 18, 2016 IP
  6. FemaleAdda

FemaleAdda Member

Best Answers:
    just look at the current time and day.. look at our chosen leaders now.. how many of them have really accomplished something.. same would have been the case in earlier times. i am assuming..
    people are willing to listen, follow and worship any man who can make them trust.. invest in their faith initially.. and reap benefits later on

FemaleAdda, Mar 14, 2016 IP