1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Worlds First Live Collaborative Git Hosting Coding Environment. That's Really Live?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Dangy, Feb 23, 2018.

Let me know what you guys think about this little project of mine?

https://kodmi.com/

Dangy, Feb 23, 2018 IP
  2. zafar ali

zafar ali Member

Best Answers:
    I have found it Awesome project Good luck Dangy.

zafar ali, Mar 25, 2018 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well since this is the website review area, let's talk the website (since I have ZERO interest in anything Git related).

Massive space wasting animated banner crap pushing anything resembling actual content below the fold, a general lack of content to tell me what I'm looking at or why I should care, several sections of illegible colour contrasts FAR below accessibility norms, several sections of absurdly undersized px metric fonts further compromising legibility, fixed header sucking down screen space that would be better used to show content, goofy "JS for nothing" navigation to try and pad out a lack of content, when there isn't enough on the page FOR content to warrant such scripttardery, a broken incomplete inaccessible form reeking of false simplicity (Say it with me folks, PLACEHOLDER IS NOT A LABEL!)...

.... and of course an agonizingly slow page-load since it's built from 99 separate files, meaning REGARDLESS of connection speed that's over 17 seconds of handshaking cache-empty. That over a third of that file count is scripttardery on a page that probably shouldn't even have scripting on it REALLY isn't endearing it to anyone.

Of course keyboard and non-visual heading navigation is totally banjaxed, meaning it probably doesn't leverage HTML or semantic markup properly. Popping the bonnet to have a look at that I see endless pointless DIV for nothing, endless pointless classes for nothing, static scripting in the markup, static style in the markup, little if anything resembling proper semantics despite the inclusion (or perhaps because) of the stupid malfing pointlessly redundant HTML 5 'structural' tags. This is made all the worse by the menu being a run-on sentence from a lack of semantic block-level containers, gibberish use of <header>, gibberish pairing of numbered headings for what should be a single heading, lack of content in the H1, lack of alt text on images that are doing text's job, empty headings, and host of other outright failings showing that whoever coded that page is unqualified to write a single line of HTML or CSS.

Thought that's par for the course when ignorant mentally-enfeebled trash like bootcrap and jquery end up on a page. Hardly a shock it wastes 35k of markup on delivering 984 bytes of plaintext and not even a half dozen content images -- in other words 5k or less' job!

I give it two out of ten points. Learn HTML.

deathshadow, Mar 26, 2018 IP