1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Unofficial DP Winter '06 Affiliate Noob's Challenge thread

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Mister Tut, Jan 13, 2006.

1. jimboot

jimboot Active Member

Best Answers:
    What do people think of the updates to Google Keywords tool and the site demographics ?

jimboot, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  2. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    I joined as an affiliate promoting hosting yesterday, got 6 clicks from Adwords at 1.20 per click, have a cap of $12 per day.... and sold one package. $100 commission :D .
    Now if I could do that a couple of times a day:D .

Items like hosting, pay tv, broadband etc with recuring payments are the only way to go.
    The person signing up for the hosting would have only paid $9.95 per month but as it's a recuring payment every month the hosting company are taking the view that they will stay with them for at least 12 months.

Tip: If anyone is looking for hosting check out how much their affiliates are paid, if it's say $100 to the affiliate for a $9.95 a month plan you can be sure they are going to be reliable.

Another point, you really do need a website to do this properly.
    My main program brings in 100/150 per day and costs about $30 per day from adwords.
    I turned Adwords off this week while I consolidated my sites and also revamped the site, well it still bought in $100 per day. People don't always commit on the first visit, they keep coming back after shopping around.
    One Guru says it can take about 8 visits before someone will feel comfortable parting with their money.

Cyclops, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  3. sunchy

sunchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    100% Agree
    Great Answer Cyclops

sunchy, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  4. jimboot

jimboot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow great stuff Cyclops.
    And yet I am still inspired by the Mother of six who pays 5 cents and earns 20K /month

jimboot, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  5. busydem

busydem Peon

Best Answers:
    Since you brought it up Jim, have you found any solution to the expesive keyword problem?

I tried for a new product today (same old story: targeted adv, particular keywords 100% relevant to the product) but yet again Google asks for $1 up to $5!!!! And this only happens with the products that seem like a good chance i.e. few competitors!

busydem, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  6. sunchy

sunchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    because that now I use and other PPC engines that work and my average price per click is now $0,15 ;)

sunchy, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  7. busydem

busydem Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you plz tell me which ones you use? If that is ok with you of course.

busydem, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  8. jellyfish

jellyfish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just started trying this. I figured I can start with a spending budget of $100 for adsense and $50 for overture and see what I can get. I am focusing mostly on financial products because thats what I know a lot about.

jellyfish, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  9. sunchy

sunchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    miva, searchfeed, roar and search123 and goclick :p

sunchy, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  10. busydem

busydem Peon

Best Answers:
    Thnx sunchy. Will try some more with adwords and then i am heading that way!

busydem, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  11. Manish Pandey

Manish Pandey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Could somebidy tell what's it all about...

Manish

Manish Pandey, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  12. skimmy

skimmy Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been trying a bunch of clickbank products over the last month or so but with no luck. How many clicks (AdWords) would you give it to see if you get a conversion?

skimmy, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  13. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    I just placed a bunch of clickbank products on one of my sites.....is there any way to see how many clicks each ad receives, I am having a bit of difficulty navigating my way around the reports section at clickbank.

What I do find off-putting is that all the products seem to be on very spammy looking full of hype websites. Personally I wouldn't be buying from those sites.
    I am only putting them on the site temporally until I find decent alternatives.

To do this I search Google for the product and include +affiliate in the string. This usually brings up sites that have an affiliate program. I sort them out from there but it is pretty time consuming.

Cyclops, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  14. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    Manish, start on page one. that should spell it all out for you. Read every page - there is gold in these posts.

Mister Tut, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  15. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey, I just signed up with CB, so I may be jumping back in soon. You guys continue to inspire me!

Mister Tut, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  16. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    cyclops said:
    Nope you cant see impressions or clicks which makes it hard to even test your links to see if they are tracking or to measure which products are converting best. I really don't like CB and agree on the spammy looking sites and ads most products there have.

5starAffiliates, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  17. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    I saw today where one of the popular stats packages (was it Site Meter?) just added tracking of outgoing clicks. I know these are some (js?) scripts that will do this.

Of course that won't tell you how many who clicked actually got through.

Mister Tut, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  18. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly. I'm having trouble selling a product I am not confident about it enough. It's like selling products you know that sucks to other people, it's just wrong... If at least they could get a redesign or if there was at least a guideline for those websites...

This makes me wonder, could it be possible to gain more cash if the website was well designed (doesn't look like it's a scam)?

tomzx, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  19. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Coincidently a friend came over yesterday and we were talking while I was working at the computer. He saw one of the Clickbank sites I was looking at and he said it looked just like a site a friend of his recently had made.

He phoned his friend and got the URL, the guy has had the site up for over 6 months and hasn't made a sale.
    Now he has a resonable product but I think as soon as someone arrives at the site they take one look and move on.

The site has a photo of the owner on the front page, a sound file and all the other spammy looking stuff.
    The owner absolutely loves the site, he actually thought it was unique.
    I didn't ask how much he was charged for the site because I know it would be excessive.

Now the person who put the site together for him told him he makes 10k a week from his similar looking site by using PPC. Thats bullshit, first off it's a PR0, then we had a look at the terms the guy would be using and from wordtracker and overture found the generic term was searched for 870 times a day but his best focused term was only 46 times a day. Then after finding his Adwords ad found it was porely written and on the second page.
    You do not make 10k a week with a spammy site using adwords like that.

Excuse my rambling but the point I am getting to is people with decent products are getting conned into putting their products on these kind of sites.

We as affiliates don't know if those Clickbank products are crap or excellent, in the past I would only promote products I had used or buy the product first but thats an expensive option and I don't want to give any of the con artists any of my money.
    I don't want to sell crap to people. So I am fast tracking my search for products I can promote to replace the Clickbank products.

Cyclops, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  20. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I actually want to sell products I know because it's easier in my opinion to sell. When you know people will be happy with the products, you know what features to point out which will make them want to sell it to others.

tomzx, Mar 14, 2006 IP