1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Ultimate Adsense secret (What the other guys don't want you to know!)

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by MediaHustler, May 3, 2006.

1. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    CTR% + Keywords that pay more than 5 cents + traffic

Work work work

work some more

work harder

don't give up!

Adsense income April $921.75

Soon over $1,000.00

Peace

Sem-Advance, May 6, 2006 IP
  2. cencurut

cencurut Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some quality traffic but to separated it with all the traffic you can get is time consuming. BTW not all visitor to your website click on your site no matter what type of ads is running on it.

cencurut, May 6, 2006 IP
  3. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    It is very simple to explain and understand traffic

Without any traffic (real visitors) to your website... you earn nothing.

Therefore in order to earn you must have traffic (real visitors).

Pretty much ends that arguement... I think.

No... there are no shortcuts to growing traffic..

Just like in real life....there are no get rich quick schemes online that work.

There are no real shortcuts you can take...and this may be the biggest difference between real life business and online business..in real world you can take shortcuts and cover things up with sales.

Online if you take shortcuts you will usually end up with a breakdown... which cannot generate sales.....

Now move the issue to converting the traffic you do have to better percentages and we can make some progress ....

;)

4. MediaHustler

MediaHustler Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wasn't being serious you know that right?

MediaHustler, May 6, 2006 IP
  5. TestedAdSenseNiches

TestedAdSenseNiches Guest

Best Answers:

Sorry, but, but you are a total Turisto as they as in Southern California. MySpace.Com sounds familiar, doesn't it? It gets a crapload of traffic too.
    Let me quote Jens article

http://www.jensense.com/archives/2006/05/myspacecom_and.html

"MySpace only gets slightly over $0.10 CPM ($0.10 per one thousand impressions) across the network, which is extremely low."

So, brainiac, how exactly do you get rich from getting 10 cents for every 1000 visitors? Let me repeat AGAIN. It's not traffic that makes your rich. It's YOUR BRAIN. And how you use it.

TestedAdSenseNiches, May 6, 2006 IP
  6. fablex

fablex Peon

Best Answers:
    well, that depends TestedAdsenseNiches. I think you need to find a balance in the two. You can't earn good money without lots of traffic, and you can't earn it with a very low eCPM. But if you have a low eCPM (like MySpace you say), large traffic numbers is the only thing that makes up for it.

You can be take a eCPM of 10$, and have 10.000 visitors, but wouldnt it be better to have a eCPM of 0,10 and have 2 million visitors?

fablex, May 6, 2006 IP
  7. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jack,
    I don't think I made myself clear. I've confused myself through the course of this thread. You can optimize your site to get more clicks even if you don't get much traffic, but at the end of the day, more traffic=more clicks=better earnings. All I was saying is some people worry too much about trying to get traffic and they don't have quality content to offer. So, for the record, content first, then traffic.

Tyler Banfield, May 6, 2006 IP
  8. WebPLanner

WebPLanner Banned

Best Answers:
    No that isn't the Adsense secret at all. I can tell you the real adsense secret that a lot of people use to make thousands a month for $500. Obviously im not expecting anyone to pay me that much so ill keep it to myself.

WebPLanner, May 6, 2006 IP
  9. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Well here is the thing WebPlanner - IF you had the Adsense secret....you would be making $1,000.00s per month too,,,and not here trying to sell a supposed secret....which you dont have :rolleyes:

Peace

10. patataur

patataur Peon

Best Answers:
    well, sem-advance, webplanner was very probably joking :)

and as far as the argument between jack and testedadsenseniches goes, i'd say, guys you are looking at the same thing from a diferent perspective.

sure, traffic is THE key for infinite (or quite) growth. My personnal objective, and almost unique objective, is increasing my traffic, cause on my main website (not the struggling kia hehe) i make about 20$ for a thousand visitors, and boy i wish i had 2 thousand of them, so that's what i'm looking at, and also because that's what get me ticking, seeing the traffic numbers grow.
    but, what testedadsenseniche says is, if instead of the 20$ i make out of my thousand daily visitors i made 25, that'd be a nice way to increase my revenues also. Alas, i'm not looking forward to testing this and that to find the best ads placement for my site, but hey, i know i should do it one day, maybe when i'll have those 2k visitors daily :)

patataur, May 6, 2006 IP
  11. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't believe there are arguments about this. Here's my final word on this topic:

The more traffic you have coming to a given site, the higher your chances of increasing your earnings with that site.

'Nuff said.

jackburton2006, May 6, 2006 IP
  12. cencurut

cencurut Peon

Best Answers:
    It's an "Open Secret" whereby the more traffic your site get, the more click your site might get. The more click you get, the more revenue you can have.

cencurut, May 6, 2006 IP
  13. TestedAdSenseNiches

TestedAdSenseNiches Guest

Best Answers:
    And? Look, I gave you an example. MySpace makes 10 cens off every 1000 impressions. Which means if you double your traffic from, say, 1000 impressions to 2000 impressions, you are making 20 cents.
    Yes 10 cents in MORE than 20 cents, but you are still having to go to shelter for free food. I recommend Loaves and Fishes, if they have an outlet in your town.

However, you can DUMP a site with 2000 visitors that makes you pennies a day and start another site with 500 visitors that will have $10 CPM (100 times differense, mind you) and make MORE money with LESS traffic, which means that it's not traffic that makes you money, but your brain and your knowledge of the niche.

One perfect example is when people REMOVED AdSense ads from pages with very low CTR, so that their impressions go down, their revenue would ofter INCREASE slightly. That's an equivalent of making more money from less traffic from the same site.

Look, technically "Website" is required to make money with AdSense. No website - no AdSense account. But you can't say "having a website" is a key to success with AdSense. Because it's not the website, but rather what kind of website and what the content of the site is. "More websites" won't make you "more money". You can have hundreds of sites and make 5 bucks per day

TestedAdSenseNiches, May 7, 2006 IP
  14. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    Is that the secret? Removing Adsense ads from pages with low CTR? The first few days I was making quite a nice revenue. Then I got greedy and put the ads on all my pages and my income dipped.

NewToAllThis, May 7, 2006 IP
  15. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    No that is not the secret...would you empty store shelves because something did not make as much money as you wanted???

Try to test ads, see which people like more. Changes sizes positions colors locations whatever you can...do not just read one persons advice and think it is good advice because in this case it isn't

Test Test Test

And anyone can make money with any website....adsense is not the only way to earn income...ask any affiliate marketer.

It all takes hard work trial and failure but you can make money with a website..

...less pessimistic 'my way is the only way' ...BS from people would help too

Sem-Advance, May 7, 2006 IP
  16. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, thanks for the advice.

NewToAllThis, May 7, 2006 IP
  17. EV1L

EV1L Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Making big money on adsense is not easy, need lot of hard work :D

EV1L, May 7, 2006 IP
  18. WebPLanner

WebPLanner Banned

Best Answers:
    if you have been using adsense for over a year and your earnings STILL suck, try something new. Eventually you will probably stumble upon or discover the secret to making lots of money with adsense very quickly and easily as i did.

WebPLanner, May 7, 2006 IP
  19. nadlay

nadlay Guest

Best Answers:
    JackBurton and TestedAdsenseNiches

You are both right, and you are both wrong.

You need content, and you need traffic.

The thing that you are both almost saying, but not quite putting it into the correct terminology is:-

You need targeted traffic, and you need targeted content.

If you have quality targeted content on your website, you increase the likeliehood of earning from the traffic that the website receives.

If you increase the volume of traffic that the website receives you will "probably" increase the earnings of the website.

There are no absolutes.

If you throw "junk traffic" at a "junk website", then you "might" make some income, but it's likely to be quite small.

If you send targeted traffic to a targeted content website, then you should "in theory" make a significant income.

TestedAdsenseNiches is correct about one thing - it's really brain power that makes a successful website. Brain power to create the targeted quality content, and brain power to use the correct techniques to attract targeted quality traffic.

Please stop the arguments over terminology, who's right, who's wrong, etc, as you are confusing many of the newcomers who are reading this thread. You are both correct in certain things - don't attempt to get one up on each other just to score points at the expense of confusing others who are searching for useful information.

nadlay, May 8, 2006 IP
  20. BNix

BNix Peon

Best Answers:
    For Youtube , Services site (Like Games , Image Hosting , Free Hosting etc.) love CPM ads better than CPC Ads

BNix, May 8, 2006 IP