1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The truth about linkbuilding that DP doesnt want to hear

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by jenny1985, Apr 9, 2009.

1. mechanix

mechanix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So much bullocks all over the thread. The recent PR update was clearly Google's attempt at resurrecting the value of "PAGE RANK". For once, getting a PR3 was much tougher than earlier times and it is now indeed tougher to get higher page ranks. I would stand by the value of relevant links as compared to non-relevant but then, G's algorithm also takes in count the reliability of the site into question. Imagine a scenario where I have a site A with dodgy home page links and limited content and lesser PR but with related content on the inner pages and a site B which has a high PR, is an authority site and has tonnes of indexed pages and I'm getting a link from an internal page with unrelated content but high PR, I would take an inner page link from site B. High PR links count for even more now since it is so easy to get related links through article marketing.

mechanix, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  2. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    This is the one responsible for dishing out PR to all sites:
    [​IMG]
    How on earth can anyone guess what they are doing right for SEO, linkbuilding and PR??? :D

Cheap SEO Services, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  3. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    Guess? Theres no guessing involved. Id call it experience, knowledge and looking at each link on its own metrit.
    Working out the page metrics and deciding, should my link be there? how powerful will it be? etc..

That count be more wrong
    Google doesn't just look at the page for relevance it looks at the whole site, that why article sites have been devalued so much, remember when ezine used to rank top10 for a whole bunch of searches? dont see it as much anymore and also the link juice from these sites has been devalued a lot

jenny1985, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  4. mechanix

Best Answers:
    That is my entire point. Look at the site rather than the page itself while building up links. A good high PR link from an authority sites counts for a lot more than a low PR relevant link from a junk site even though it may not have relevant content. PR links count for a lot because it isnt easy at all to get high PR links unless you link bait, do really selective blog commenting or buy them.

5. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok so lets just say you have a site thats about dogs
    You have 2 link opportunities but you can only choose one
    Site A-2 years old, NO pagerank, your link is on a page all about dogs from a domain all about dogs
    Site B- 4 years old PR 4 homepage with a few inner pr pages, site is about mobile phones and your link is at the bottom of a mobile phone article

Which do you choose? you can ask questions about the sites as i have picked 2 real sites as examples

6. mechanix

Best Answers:
    In an ideal world. I would choose 5 links from Site A with one of site B to go with it. High PR links suggest a signal of authority from a top domain. Low PR links are available aplenty everywhere. Hell, I can make a sister blogspot domain and get it to PR0 within a couple of weeks and get a related backlink from that. How can you get a high PR backlink easily?. I'd definitely say that related high PR backlinks beats everything else but if you that isnt up for sale, I would go in with a combination of high PR links even though they are unrelated coupled with related low PR links. But in no way, will I pay more for a link from site A as compared to site B.

7. freebiefinder

freebiefinder Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting points, I believe people should do trial and error thats the best information there is.

freebiefinder, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  8. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    Grrrrrr

Yeh but thats not how to build links. how much power will that link have?
    You need trusted domains with plenty of content,age and incoming links. blogspot/wordpress domains are not worth the time unless you find a really good one

OK challenge for you, you find me 5 link opportunity's for a site related to pet care.

Absolute rubbish, Getting links from pages with PR does not signal authority, thats something completely different, id suggest reading some of the patent papers filed by yahoo and Google about "trustrank"

9. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree and disagree with you in your points.

Every link counts. That is what you should know! Google says it in it own words. I repeat Every link counts weather its coming from any site you can think of. Now the only difference is that some links have more strength than the other.

I agree with you that PR may not be so important now, but it is one of the elements Google use to position sites in search results. Besiedes it wount hurt to have a page rank of 10! will it?

waxman1000, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  10. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree and disagree with you in your points.

Every link counts. That is what you should know! Google says it in it own words. I repeat Every link counts weather its coming from any site you can think of. Now the only difference is that some links have more strength than the other.

I agree with you that PR may not be so important now, but it is one of the elements Google use to position sites in search results. Besides it wont hurt to have a page rank of 10! will it?

waxman1000, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  11. mechanix

Best Answers:
    Part A- I'm not sure if you worked as a link builder before, but from my 5 year experience in the industry, I can safely say that blogspot, livejournal, typepad and other blog index real quick and a well maintained sister blog of a site is one of the best ways to generate organic links.

Part B:- Getting PR0/PR1 links for any niche isnt much of big deal. As I said, sisters blogs built up on a chain will aid you immensely on this. Of course, Ive never denied the fact that getting them from related established sites is brilliant, but then I'd always suggest to go for high PR links to establish authority.

Part C:- Ive been in this industry for quite some time and Ive worked with bigshots and nothing works better than high PR links from authority domains. A link from an authority domain shoots you into a different league altogether.

The biggest point is any link above PR4+ is real tough to get in the market and is worth the cost and the effort. I know many a site who have gained from footer links and link baiting on top sites. I personally own a lot of sites which are PR4++ due to PR5++ links from authority sites.

I would go on and agree with you that for better SERP, you do need related links but for overall SEO of a site, nothing beats a combination of related links and high PR links. The bottom line is Page Rank has always counted for a lot and PR4+ pagerank links will never lose their value.

P.S:- Outbound links on a page matter heavily but I guess that is a topic for another day.

12. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wrong
    Over doing a certain link building technique can lead to all sorts of trouble as google can see your trying to manipulate the rankings.
    If you go out and blast 500 dofollow blog comments in one day Google will start to think thats not right.

Also i wouldnt want a link from
    A-adult sites
    B- Link farms
    C-sites that link out to alot of spam
    D sites that have been penalised

So every link doesnt count, theres great links, good links, bad links
    There not all good

I personally wouldnt waste the time it took to setup a blog and write content. Its fine having 1 blog that you write about your sites products on etc.. but not using them as link farms

Link farms? as in a load of blogs that you run and manage to get links from?

13. mechanix

Best Answers:
    Nope..There is a lot of difference between a link farm and a link network.Link networking is a chain of sister blogs customised only to have two outbound links i.e your link and a link to another sister blog. Link networking and high PR links are the ways to go ahead if you are looking for long term.

14. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    I work for a UK based link building company

Sorry, link farms, link networking, link spam, splogs all the same to me
    Belong in only one place....1998, link building has moved on a long way since then.

[​IMG]

15. mechanix

Best Answers:
    That is so biased. Link farms are 200% different from link networking. Anyways, I'll cut away here. To each his own I guess.

16. emasaa

emasaa Peon

Best Answers:
    My goodness, these SEO guys.

I love experience more than talk. The only thing I am interested in doing is making money. If it means I get a pagerank or not then I will do it.

I have only 4 websites and my experience is simple. If you have good content, sooner or later you will make money.

Article marketing works.

Page rank helps

Blog commenting works.

directory links can help

In fact not to burst the so called SEO gurus bubble. You spend too much time thinking about seo and page rank you end up not making any money. Guys stop wasting your time reading this gurus, go to your site and create some good content.

Next go get the links that you can afford. Stop reading and just go do it. I can assure you, all types of link building from pr 0 to so called bad sites to whatever work. This coming from someone who doesn't even have the time to do any seo and still make a lot of money from so called useless sites.

emasaa, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  17. proson

proson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Crap Jenn,
    but it's your own personal opinion.

how do you measure relevancy? How do you know how google is measuring relevancy? The fact I think some of Google is a powerful person who knows everything but it is just a bunch of machine made by humans. That's why I think they switched to the big companies rather than smaller ones. Because, they are more 'safer'. Which I mean the search engine users will at least not complaining landing on a rubbish crappy site. My I

I do agree the PR is not that important. If you have great contents people will still link with you eventually.
    so who cares about directories link don't work, article links don't work whatever. The point is get your site top 10 for some buying terms and you will make money eventually.

After all we are NOT google and NO one can be sure for anything.

That's enough for me.

proson, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  18. Spacefruit

Spacefruit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh and another thing - if article marketing is dead, why are you offering to write them in your signiture???? Though you will say this is conent writting, it is basically article marketing.

Spacefruit, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  19. funkymario

funkymario Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Article Marketing is still working fine, both for passing PR and ranking medium competition keywords, directories are still working, and the more, the better (just take a look at the link profiles of the leading gambling sites, most of their links are from directories), and i know as a matter of fact that dofollow comments "PASS" pagerank as i have made a lot of sites pr3's and pr4's using just high pr dofollow comments, for ranking purposes the dofollow comment must be made in a page exactly relevant the subject of your website, example if you want a dofollow link to help your rankings for let say "credit cards", the link should come from a comment in a page like this : http://www.wwaytv3.com/node/396 NOT in a britney spears blog post like this http://www.britneyblog.net/2007/09/28/britney-gets-her-own-back/.

it's not the methods which are not working jenny, it's how you use them, SUBMIT to 4000 directories with the exact same title and exact same description and it will be considered as something similar to a spam effort by google, it will be filtered and wont help ur rankings, now submit to about 500 quality directories with as much different anchors and titles as you can and you will see some nice ranking improvements, same for article directories, same for blog comments, commenting in a britney spears blog about your credit card website will not help your rankings.

as for PR, it is a factor and will always be, probably not as much as before, but it's still a factor, and a quality indicator, i personally try to get both, even if most of the time i get relevant links regardless of pr, but.. getting some pr links will help, atleast your page will be cached more frequently,

peace.

funkymario, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  20. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok this thread has got a bit heated so it maybe best to keep it calm and professional

Yes in practice thats all it is but its a whole lot more aswell
    Google is very clever and the amount of manual penalising is getting more and more.

Great point, if you have great content that your readers want then it will get links

Completely different sorry, im offering content to post on relevant quality sites, ive had 13 PM's so far and only accepted 2
    Article marketing in my opinion is when articles get submitted to a big article directory.

@FunkyMario
    Well said, some strong knowledge their, just a few points
    If you look more in depth you will see these are paid links, if youve got the budget you can rank high! lets not get started on paid links though

Maybe so but we have to measure a sites success by traffic and revenue not PR
    Yes in moderation relevant dofollow comments are ok but we can do better!

Thats what im trying to get across, thread in services today about quality 1 way backlinks and it was social bookmarking, now thats not quality.

I am genuinely trying to help, dofollow and link directory's might work ok for low competition but lets make it work better and build better links.