1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The truth about cheap webhosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by samirj09, Feb 29, 2012.

1. a_sharma205

a_sharma205 Member

Best Answers:
    I think the problem is with not-well-known hosts. There are plenty of hosts who provide very cheap hosting and they are very well known all over the world. All hosts have some downtime but losing data and domain is horrible. Just stick to big names!

a_sharma205, Mar 3, 2012 IP
  2. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Cheap Hosting Sucks.

Look, if you are just messing around with a personal blog or learning WordPress or web design and just need a server to practice on...go for it. But I would never put my business website on the cheapest thing I could find.

Here is the issue that no one has addressed. Most of the cheap hosting "services" are 3rd party resellers. Meaning they don't own or manage the actual equipment where your site is hosted. This is how people run into problems and loose all of their stuff. If you are dealing with someone who is merely renting space on another company's server banks, you are at the mercy of whether or not they pay their own bills. If their shit does down, your shit goes down. And as their customer, you have no recourse with the main company that actually owns the server.

Anyone. I mean ANYONE can set up a reseller account, put up a hosting company website, hook it up to pay pal and start a website hosting business. Look around. Everyone and their mother is a web host these days. You don't have to know what you are doing, to do it.

If you are going to buy the cheapest thing out there, at least purchase it from the people that actually own and control the equipment.
    Companies like Web Air, Go Daddy( even though they suck), Blue Host, Host Gator, and so on.

I've never understood the appeal of really cheap hosting. But then again, I'm not one of those people that approaches anything online with the attitude of "What is the very least that I can do and still hope to be successful?"

I don't even understand wanting to be a hosting reseller. Especially a cheap one. I can't imagine there being any money in it. Any webmaster that can only afford $3 a month has to have a high probability of defaulting on their monthly bill.

If the difference between paying $7 a month at Go Daddy or $3 a month at Bob's Hosting, is the difference between whether or not you can host a website...you don't have enough money to be in this business. Save up and come back later.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
    hmansfield, Mar 3, 2012 IP
  3. yester123

yester123 Peon

Best Answers:
    you u r right

yester123, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  4. ServerMicro

ServerMicro Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed that aswell.

Limited or not, hosting shouldnt be that cheap, you get what you pay for, and at those prices i highly dout its that great, but, then again, it could be because it is very limited, but who knows :/

EDIT* i just went back to take a look at the OP website, and Unlimited everything for just $5.25.....
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS where do i sign?....

" i need to get myself two unlimited hard drives :) "

ServerMicro, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  5. Genxscripts

Genxscripts Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Cheap web hosting, maybe cheap way to see web hosting related issue.

Genxscripts, Mar 20, 2012 IP