1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The truth about Affiliate Marketing!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Seqqa, Dec 4, 2010.

1. jedi shawboy

jedi shawboy Peon

Best Answers:
    i've been looking into affiliate marketing for about a year now, not done it myself yet just researched like mad so i hopefully know what to do when i start. What i've gathered is it takes masses of work, masses of time and masses of posts and link building, i agree that people give up far too easily. Some interesting points though. I think people look at it with rose tinted specticals, expect results too quickly and i's just not possible.
    Just my opinion though.

jedi shawboy, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  2. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactily why it's an idiots way of making money, why work hard for money when you can work smart. Everyone has the ability to work hard for money which is exactily for the same reason why they never make any money because hard labour isn't worth anything. In life it's not how hard you can work it sometimes boils down to what's between your ears, inteligence is everything, knowledge is power period. It cuts through all the bullshit, if hard work was all we needed to make us rich then most of us would be stinking rich because there are lots of dumbass motivated hard working people out there. You can be as fucking stupid and work hard and get no where in life, if you don't believe me try it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
    Seqqa, Dec 8, 2010 IP
    Frontier likes this.
  3. avroraventures

avroraventures Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please enlighten on what you view as "smart ways"

avroraventures, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  4. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very True. I hear so many people say "just work hard" then I see so many people work years of their lives away on failed ideas and then finally give up when they have spent everything. What is sad is they were trying stuff that has already been proven a failure but hundreds of others.. If the would of just sat back and studied the field a little they could of saved themselves years of work and 10s of thousands of dollars.
    The markets are flooded full of idiots working hard and spending hard earned money and most will fail.

But on the other side of the coin the markets are also flooded with people trying to make money doing no work, thousands of people think they can buy a $50 Ebook read it, then buy a $40 "turnkey" website paste some affiliate ads on it and sit back and let the money roll in. FAIL... they when nothing happens they think they can buy 10,000 backlinks for $3 and make the first page of Google. FAIL... Ahhrrrh..
    So then they come to DP and make a thread "How I get 100,000 daily traffic to my website ?"

averyz, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  5. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Putting value on your personal time (You normally need a large ego or think you are "special") people will think you're an asshole but thinking your time is valubale will change how you think and what you do and how you run things. Why build an adsense site that chances are will earn you $500 a month a month you can build an ecommerce site with the same amount of effort that will likely yield you $5,000 a month NET Profit, then hiring someone for example for $500 to manage the whole lot every month. Then you work on creating another 10 ecommerce sites that yield around the same amount and you set management in place for those too before long you've got a $50,000 a month business and all you are doing is yes and no-ing all day to 10 people and doing the accounting and working on the 11th online store. I try to avoid doing these things.

1) Things with low profit margins
    2) Things that are complex or require a lot of time
    3) Things that can't be easily scaled up with capital investment
    4) Things that are not automated to a point where it just needs micro managing

Cash is king too it really does cut a big fat line down the middle to those who make nothing to those who make it all.

Seqqa, Dec 8, 2010 IP
    avroraventures and GuruCreation like this.
  6. William Veasley

William Veasley Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Cjmo75,

It's cool you can call me out of my name all you want. Just proves how much you have grown up.

I'm not even going to stoop down to your level, an call you out of your name over a forum. I'm only 18 & I act more mature then you that's crazy. There was really no point in calling me out of my name like that, because it solved nothing. I was just simply expressing my opinion. You could of came at me a little more like a gentlemen.

Why do people talk stuff over the internet? How do you benefit from calling me 10 different curse words? If anything it just makes you look like a little kid.

I wasn't trying to start any drama. To me personally it just sounded like you made that video to promote yourself. That is just my opinion. I think I have the right to express my opinions just like anyone else on this forum. I should report you, but once again I'm not even going to stoop down to that level, because it's really not even all that serious.

I wonder do people read my signature...

God bless you dude.

William Veasley, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  7. hypokill

hypokill Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great video. It's true, though what the video is saying is the same struggle that any website owner has. If the niche is big. Though these sites should be burned to the ground.

At the end of the day they are just internet con men.

hypokill, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  8. EXVignola

EXVignola Peon

Best Answers:
    I liked the video because it gave an enlightened and much needed to laugh to works and kinda what doesn't. Affiliate marketing has its place. I also know several people who make money as affiliate marketers. That being said they work like CRAZY, if they spent that same amount of time on their OWN business instead of someone else the payoff would be enormous in comparison.

ENORMOUS!

P.S.
    Great video, absolutely loved it!

EXVignola, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  9. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, selling hope. Believe me, I can't stand those people... while I won't say that some of the info inside their programs aren't legit, I will say that the Business model itself is pure garbage. They usually outsource the info, the sales page and even the CS.

clenard, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  10. edcampbill

edcampbill Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh well, thanks for sharing those videos. The whole insights are great and very well said. Though there are some particular issues that needs further explanation. But the totality of the presentation is cool.

edcampbill, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  11. mt33

mt33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    as you know affiliate marketing is good resource for making money if affiliate marketing promote with different methods you will get good result in long time so everything depends on us.

mt33, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  12. Imdadc

Imdadc Peon

Best Answers:
    I never got success with digital product affiliate, but physical product give me a way to live online fulltime. Now I only promote physical products. Digital products affiliate bullshit....

Imdadc, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  13. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate marketing needs a good amount of research to make a profit these days, as a lot of people are competing with each other to get traffic/leads and sales for the same affiliate products

golfpro1, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  14. iLegitimate

iLegitimate Peon

Best Answers:
    My 2 cent: Affiliate marketing is rubbish. I never seen nobody earn decent money from this kind of business.The only one
    making money is the company.Sell a product is expensive, promote something is expensive.In this way of marketing company don't spend much money for promotion , for selling , only the affiliaties spend their money and their time for the company.Definitively Affiliates marketing is a good business only for the companies.

iLegitimate, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  15. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree it's like reinventing the slave trade, it's a great business model have employees that you don't have to pay unless they sell something and let them waste their time and money in the process. It's so good we can't lose!! Yippie!! Don't get me wrong I've seen a British company that makes £10 million a year or around $13 million a year as an affiliate. I think it was Top10.com. So there is a ton of money but as one person with not a great deal of money I think it's a losing game for many apart from the merchants who can't lose aslong as they can get at least someone to promote for them that can make some kind of money.

Like the Mafia where the affiliates have to "kick up" as it was once known to the Mafia Boss aka the merchant.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
    Seqqa, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  16. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty much true but affiliates managers and affiliates companies can also make some money. They will usually take a start up fee from the companies and then charge a percentage. So if the company makes no sales they still get paid and when the company makes sales they get a percentage.

averyz, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  17. nordicadmedia

nordicadmedia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hehe, my thoughts exactly :)

nordicadmedia, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  18. Clubland

Clubland Peon

Best Answers:
    So, let me ask you this, because this could be opened up to help some new people that can't make money.

Lets say, a newbie comes on here, or someone just can not make money online and anything, what would you suggest them doing to start out?

And say this person has £400 to play with.

What would you suggest to this person?

And this person wants to build a business, that can profit within two months.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
    Clubland, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  19. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How much risk are they happy to take with £400, do you want to be diversified, or gamble it all or nothing? Would you like an example for both?

Seqqa, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  20. Clubland

Clubland Peon

Best Answers:
    Include both, because all people are different and i am sure some people here would like to see different examples.

Clubland, Dec 11, 2010 IP