1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The straight scoop on running 2 adsense ads on one page?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by skunker, Jan 9, 2005.

Hey folks,
    I am looking to maximize my adsense revenue and wanted to first ask how many of you are running more than 1 set of Adsense ads on ONE of your pages. For example, I want to experiment with having a wide skyscraper on my right side and then have a half banner on the top of my articles.

Are you guys having even better results as compared to just running one ad set on your page? A warning: I've tried this before about half a year ago and I found that my EARNINGS went down dispite the increase in CTR. This is what I am looking for: Is it true that Earning goes down if you run more than 1 ad set on ONE page? I've studied this over at other forums and it seems to be the case, but what are you guys seeing?

skunker, Jan 9, 2005 IP
  2. Redleg

Redleg Raider

Best Answers:
    I do not bother to use more than on adsense unit on my sites.
    My experience with more than on ad unit is the same as yours, the CTR went up, but the earnings down..

I believe the reason for this is that the first ad unit you place on a page will contain the best paying advertisers, so clicks on the 2nd or 3rd ad unit won't pay anywhere near clicks in the first one.

Redleg, Jan 9, 2005 IP
  3. barrow

barrow Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with what Redlog said. Often times you will see your earning go down when adding more than one ad per page. If you have are displaying four text ads on a page, you are getting the four highest paying ads. Now if you ad more ads, they will pay less than the first four. When your earnings are going down but your CTR is going up, that means that your vistors are clicking the lower paying ads.

The key thing to do is experiment with different types of ads, on different places on the page, in different color schemes, and see what is going to make you the most money. The perfect setup is different for every site, it matters mostly on what your visitors click on, the only real way to find out how to maximize your earnings is to experiment.

barrow, Jan 9, 2005 IP