1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Six Figure Challenge

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by jhmattern, Nov 8, 2006.

1. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    For what it's worth Jenn, I think that's a great idea!

DeniseJ, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I need sleep!!! lol I'll add it in the morning. If it doesn't "magically" appear by the afternoon, yell at me, and I'll add it. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  3. clear

clear Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I think its a great thing that you are doing. This is the first time I have found someone interested in writers although the whole web is all about them! I am a medical professional academically and a writer by choice/hobby/etc. What you are doing for writers via these new avenues is worthy of an ...ummm...Oskar?!!?

clear, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  4. ILoveWriting

ILoveWriting Guest

Best Answers:
    Jenn,
    I like your idea of allowing others to post their own progress unofficially, on the side, while we cheer you guys on. I need acccountability, so will go and join now.

This is my own major failing at business: I do great work promoting other folks, but absolutely rot at my own marketing. Honestly, I am looking at your process with absolute amazement: you have done one of the best jobs of creating an outstanding "social networking" model I have seen in a long time. I know it takes time and energy to do this (trust me, I know), and admire this.

It would be an honor to see how you and the other four writers do. And to share how it's done with each other. I'll be glad to share things I've learned, too, that helped me out over the years, once I get to know folks better.

Sheri

ILoveWriting, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  5. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Thanks Sheri. :) I'm really happy that we're having even a little bit of a positive effect so soon. :)

I set up the new area in the forum under the Challenge section. The Challenge officially starts in 2007, but you can use that area to announce your committment to your goal, and to discuss your plans, what you've learned the hard way in the past, what you hope to improve, etc.

Looking forward to seeing if others join in! :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  6. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's great! I wish you girls +1 guy all the luck in the world! :D

clenard, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  7. DeniseJ

Best Answers:
    Thank you :) We can definitely use all of the support we can get!

DeniseJ, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  8. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    I posted a blog about it to my few subscribers to see... I'm definitely interested to see the results and hopefully they're more than positive. ;)

clenard, Nov 11, 2006 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  9. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Thank you! :) I'm not even having the official announcement go out until next Tuesday I think, and we already got our first little bit of coverage. Yay! :) I'll link to it later from our press room. :)

Jenn

10. highflyer

highflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    So I know i've been kind of absent from this thread (too much going on), but thanks to everyone who's been wishing us luck.

I'm loving the idea of writers from all over joining the challenge unofficially and posting their progress; it gives the whole thing quite a community feel to it. And that's exactly what were aiming at: Building a community of writers who are able to help each other out and unite when it comes to beating the sweatshops. Not that they're (the sweatshops, keep up :p) our competition, but the whole idea of selling yourself beyond short is just pathetic.

Anyway, I'm also loving the little bit of press coverage we've gotten. Thanks Clenard. :D

highflyer, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  11. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    I should jump in with my peers and thank everyone for the warm wishes and press coverage. I feel truly blessed to have stumbled into this opportunity, and it certainly helps that everyone is taking an interest and can benefit from our journey. :)

Rebecca

internetauthor, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  12. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All the single women on the team are welcome to stay at my place during the challenge - I have three bedrooms free at the moment!

Phynder, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  13. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Sorry for them being a little later in the day today, but I just finally got today's freelance writers' markets posted at www.allfreelancing.com (have to register to view these ones), www.sixfigurewriters.com, and www.myspace.com/sixfigurewriters.

It's a pretty diverse niche group today, so hopefully those of you following along will find something useful in today's, or past, writers' market posts. :)

Jenn

14. highflyer

highflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    HAHAHA I just read the little outburst Jenn had, and the ensuing comments that combined living on the edge with painting the town everything from purple and green to green with purple polka dots!
    I think Orange is a better choice, but I'm willing to make a compromise. :D

This has become quite entertaining. :p I hope everyone doesn't thing were just a bunch of madcap writers. Still, that's always better than being a bunch of sweatshop writers, eh? :D

Once again, great markets Jenn. Definitely very useful. I'm in awe as to how you find time to handle ALL of this. :eek:

highflyer, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  15. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Zainie,

I'm all in favor of Orange - That is the color of my alma mater - Go Longhorns!

;)

Rebecca

internetauthor, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  16. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    No. Apparently someone thinks we're ripping some "challenge" from ContentDoneBetter though. Just went to look at the site (hadn't read about it before being accused of copying them).

http://allfreelancing.com/showthread.php?tid=79

btw... I think this is the only place I didn't mention it yesterday, but new markets didn't go up. I needed a break, and just didn't have hours to sink into it. They'll be up a little later than usual today, but I'm going to post extras to make up for yesterday. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  17. DeniseJ

Best Answers:
    Jenn, if you ever need someone else to handle the markets, let me know. I'm more than willing to help you out when you need a break!

I already posted a huge rant in the forum about our alleged copying of CDB's challenge. All I'll say here is the idea is laughable.

DeniseJ, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  18. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    lol I know. I just needed to vent. I can handle stupidity in moderation... just not first thing in the morning. ;) I'll take you up on it. I planned to do them yesterday, but it just came down to needing to rest for once, compared to how long it takes. If you want to take one day a week, I'd be extremely grateful for the day off, and I'll give you the login info for the Myspace posts. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  19. DeniseJ

Best Answers:
    No problem. I'll be more than happy to do them once a week, or whenever you need some extra time to catch up on other things :) When I've got the time to do them, I definitely will! Feel free to send me the details when you get a chance.

DeniseJ, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  20. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The idea seems really great. Best of luck with you. At least $20k per a writer of crew per year, approximately $1666 per month. I don't think it's so hard amount to make in a year if you work hard. Hope you all achieve your aim ;)

leet, Nov 13, 2006 IP