1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Six Figure Challenge

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by jhmattern, Nov 8, 2006.

1. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    I'm with you, dear. I keep going back to the new forum as well, checking for new threads :) Ya'll definitely want to follow along and keep up with our progress. For new writers or established ones, the forum, blog and Myspace page are great ways to keep up on new market listings that actually pay DECENT wages!!!

DeniseJ, Nov 9, 2006 IP
    jaree likes this.
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    women are underrepresented when it comes to this sort of thing. that's why I made the comment.

it's pretty well known that women get paid less for the same work when it comes to large corporations. it's nice to see women taking the alternate route and working for themselves.

disgust, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  3. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Best of luck Denise and Jenn! I think you have a great idea, and I will definitely be a frequent visitor to your site ;) Although I'm transitioning out of the freelance writing world and into being a full-time webmaster, I really think this will be a great resource for anyone looking to break into freelance writing.

Tyler Banfield, Nov 9, 2006 IP
    Cheap SEO Services likes this.
  4. DeniseJ

Best Answers:
    Thank you, Tyler. I'm sure I can speak on behalf of all the people involved and say that we definitely appreciate the support.

DeniseJ, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  5. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Tyler. :) And just so everyone involved gets some recognition here, all five of us are from DP. It's myself, Denise (denisej), Rebecca (internetauthor), Rob (robhustle), and Zainie (highflyer). So best of luck to the others as well. ;) Well, if we teach you to earn enough, maybe you won't give it up altogether. ;) j/k Best of luck with the transition. :)

jhmattern, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  6. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Robhustle is pretty new to this forum. Didn't know much about him before :)

gr8liverpoolfan, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  7. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Then now you do. :) And hopefully we'll have his bio up soon, and you'll know more about him as a writer. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  8. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yup Jenn :). I'd love to know more about the only Y chromosome person in the group :)
    Waiting for him to put up his bio :)

gr8liverpoolfan, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  9. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Maybe he just likes being mysterious. ;) Nah, I'm sure it'll be up soon.

10. jhmattern

Best Answers:
  11. DeniseJ

Best Answers:
    Ack, Jenn! I can't keep up with you ;)

DeniseJ, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  12. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    Y'all are out of control! I haven't even had time to update my signature on ANY of the forums! LOL

Rebecca

internetauthor, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  13. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Rebecca,

Just an FYI, the Fadoo.net link in your sig isn't working right.... so you better get on updating it anyway. ;) j/k

EDIT: And for the person who decided to red rep me yammering on about how this comment was "post padding" or just bumping this thread - actually, I made a comment to Rebecca, b/c I tried clicking her link from her post here and it didn't work. I mentioned it jokingly since she already made a comment regarding updating her sig right in this thread. Sorry for assuming you could read all by yourself. :rolleyes: And if you don't like it, just don't read it. I'm updating here daily, b/c people specifically requested (again in this thread if you could read), that I update, and the markets are beneficial to quite a few copywriters around here. And if people respond, god forbid we actually have a "discussion" in a public forum.

14. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Jenn!

Fadoo is actually my husband's site that I collaborate on a bit. He had a script malfunction early today on the gaming page which made a mess. It's fixed now.

Oh, and I guess I accidentally bumped the thread didn't I? I like to live on the edge...

Rebecca

15. DeniseJ

Best Answers:
    *jumps up and down*

I like living on the edge too, let's go paint the town... purple! I mean, come on -- what gets edgier than that? ;)

DeniseJ, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  16. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know...I live a simple life over here...

Oh, and I prefer GREEN if it's all the same to you!

Also, incidentally, the Challenge has replaced Fadoo in my signature so the earlier discussion was pointless after all!

Rebecca

17. DeniseJ

Best Answers:
    Awwww... well, I GUESS we can use green... intertwined with purple polka dots! ;)

DeniseJ, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  18. ILoveWriting

ILoveWriting Guest

Best Answers:
    Is it too late to join the writer's group, or the challenge? I earned close to, but not quite, six figures last year, and hope to top that number this year.

I know that I need to take several steps to reach this goal (which means taking time from a busy schedule). I want to leverage my time more effectively, so that I'm working less hours, and earning more, and would like to learn from others how they do this.

ILoveWriting, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  19. DeniseJ

Best Answers:
    It's too late to join both, I'm afraid. :( You'd have to talk to Jenn, but the writer's group may open up again in the future. However, you are more than welcome to follow along with our progress, join the forum (http://www.allfreelancing.com) and talk up a storm with your fellow writers. :)

DeniseJ, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  20. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Yep, the forum is open publicly, and we're more than happy to have you there. :) It's only a few days old, but we've got some good discussions and a great bunch of people forming over there. :) And since we're all writers, it's been a pretty supportive environment so far.

The Challenge is only 5 of us, and won't be opening up to "members". We're going to be sharing our progress starting in January when it kicks off, and I sincerely hope other writers decide to join in on their own and help raise their incomes. :) Would it be beneficial, ILoveWriting, if I set up another area in the forum for other writers to "join" in and post their own progress towards that goal? It wouldn't be in the official blog, but perhaps it would serve as a sort of writer support group. :)

Jenn