1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The secret to my success

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by slava, Oct 22, 2006.

1. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    and you are absolutely right. and you are absolutely entitled to hold strong to your opinion. and i, personally, would never ever think to try and suade you from that opinion. but remember, its only an opinion. and opinions are a dime a dozen... everyone has one (or many). i am not justifying on his behalf or even arguing his point. i am only defending the concept of unethical behavior in the realm of internet marketing. i find it to be completely undefined and until such concepts are defined, justified and ratified by the populous, it cannot be called unethical. until then, its innovative business practices.

i optimize my pages for serp rankings. sometimes i get ranked for kws that have nothing to do with my site. am i unethical for using seo tactics? am i unethical for looking at my logs, noticing that i am getting high rankings and traffic for blue widgets and then putting ads on my page for blue widgets even though i dont sell blue widgets? no. then, i notice the success of my blue widgets page so i bid on them to get more traffic. unethical? no. then i notice that when i increase my bids to get more traffic, my competitors increase their bids and i end up making even more money on those ads. unethical? no. then i say to myself, damn, these people are really bidding on that kw and im making money and i remove my bids but the advertisers keep their bids high and i keep making money. unethical? no. then their bids drop and my revenue drops. so i start bidding on the kw again to get traffic again. unethical? no. its a cycle. and so i notice a pattern, and i implement that across the board and replicate to make more money. unethical? still no. im taking advantage of whatever system works to make me money. im here to make money.
    SEMrush
    i am using the tools at my disposal to increase my revenue. and why do you put ads on your page? for someone elses personal gain? well, yes, but the ads are there to give a referal service to your visitors with the ultimate goal of increasing your revenue. of course.

and you dont have to get past that point. hell, if my opinions actually changed your mind, i would definatley have to think less of you for being so easily manipulatable. it is our convictions and our actions that define us. hold your ground but keep an open mind. even the most steadfast hard headed stubborn people in the world are wrong more often then they are right.

once again, jmo

ps - the above example was just an example; i dont use those tactics for reasons i previously mentioned somewhere. its too time consuming to profit on a mass level. but, build me a tool that does all that for me. and i will be the first to buy it. until Google, MSN and Yahoo come together to define an internet marketing ethical board and force us to agree to those terms when we sign up with them, everything is fair game whether whitehat, blackhat or greyhat. as long as im not breaking any government laws, i personally dont see anything wrong with any method of generating traffic and revenues.

now if someone would enforce the antispam laws that would be great. im getting sick of the endless emails.

karagold, Nov 16, 2006 IP
    SEMrush
  2. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    I like your style, karagold. We will simply have to agree to disagree on this, but I respect your thinking. Not bad, considering we are in 2 different camps. :)

Vito

vito, Nov 16, 2006 IP
    karagold likes this.
  3. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    thats the beauty of opinion. we dont have to agree to disagree. we can each just respect eachothers opinions without justification or malice.

good luck to you vito.

karagold, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  4. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys as much as I love a good debate this is not the place, I think we have established that everyone is entitled to their own views on what is ethical. We furthermore established that there are no legal restrictions of this advertising technique.

I've been getting a lot of PM's from people asking me to share a site, as I stated earlier I wont give out any specific niches or URL's but if you have any other questions please feel free to post here or PM me.

slava, Nov 16, 2006 IP