1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The search terms you don't target

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by nevetS, Dec 30, 2005.

I remember reading a while back some simple advice - keep adding content and search terms you are not targetting will eventually bring in plenty of traffic. I noticed when looking through my logs that I was receiving traffic from google images. Apparrently, I have an image that ranks first for Brittney Spears Wedding Ring and it gave me about 500 visitors this month.

No, it's not a ton of traffic, and it certainly isn't competitive, but I'm happy about the visitors. I'm confused as to why 500 people would have searched google images for that term this month since I'm not aware of any news regarding her wedding ring, but hey, I'll take it.

The page is an article about her wedding ring posted in September, and the title of the article is that search term, but i really didn't think about search traffic when I titled the article - it just happened to be a good description, since that's what the article is about.

It just goes to show that if I had gotten so lucky on 10 similarly titled articles, that would mean 5000 more visitors - significant for me at least.

I've been working two jobs for the last two or three months, but now I have a bit of a break and I'm down to one job for the next 2-3 weeks at least, so I can get back to the grindstone and start churning out some articles and getting back to work on my pet projects. It certainly is very encouraging to see these kind of unexpected results.

nevetS, Dec 30, 2005 IP