1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Sarah Palin Thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, Aug 31, 2008.

1. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I tend to feel sorry (to some degree) for people like that lady. So sad and crazy that people have fears like that. But I have seen the opposite as well. I had one friend who drove me nuts by making everything out to be racist towards blacks (yes, he is black) but most of the time it wasn't (probably 99% of the time) so I felt sorry for him in a similar way.

I grew up with no thought of people being anything but humans with different shades of skin color - all beautiful like art. I will admit I had a preference for any darker skin colors over white while looking at the ladies growing up. I married olive, she goes well with the my red.

debunked, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  2. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    One of dozens. How many instances do I have to post - going all the way back to this prom-queen's outing, at the RNC, when she called Obama a traitor to his country, in so many words, before these instances of Palin's speeches are considered "evidence" to be evaluated on the merits?

And, now that you have again called me a liar, WHO THE FUCK WAS EVEN MENTIONING WESTBORO, until this member did, and then, ran for cover when I had to expend the time to clear the air, and point out I long ago wrote a fucking thread blasting the cult, a thread he joined, so why would I be saying "the Westboro hate cult is what Christianity is all about?"

Does anyone else need a shower? Seriously?

northpointaiki, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  3. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:

I think we have to be careful not to dismiss those who criticize Obama as being bigots just because their criticism has a racial dimension to it. Sure, with that lady's remarks being put right into the middle of all the other idiotic remarks from the others at the rally, it may be tempting to dismiss her as being a part of the backward mob. And she may be, I don't know her. I just think we have to be careful that we don't deem any criticism that has a racial element as being racist, because that thinking is just as close-minded as the thinking it is meant to curtail.
    There is a legitimate reason to at least consider what Obama's thoughts are about white people. He aligned himself with those that align themselves with racists and those who spewed racially ignorant garbage, in my opinion.
    To label all from one group in such a simple, monolithic way, in my opinion, isn't being very much more open minded.

Is this your America?

"And they will not only attack you if you try to point out what's going on in white America -- US-of-KKK-A." ~Rev. Wright

"Barack knows what it means to be a black man living in a country and culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary can never know that. Hillary ain't never been called a nigger." ~Rev. Wright

"...God damn America." ~Rev. Wright

"The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color..." ~Rev. Wright

"I really believe that she just always thought, 'This is mine. I'm Bill's wife. I'm white, and this is mine. I just gotta get up and step into the plate.' Then out of nowhere came, 'Hey, I'm Barack Obama,' and she said, 'Oh, damn! Where did you come from? I'm white! I'm entitled! There's a black man stealing my show!'" ~Michael Pfleger

""She wasn't the only one crying. There was a whole lot of white people crying." ~Michael Pfleger

'Obama said he was "deeply disappointed in Father Pfleger's divisive, backward-looking rhetoric"'
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Pfleger

source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/14/AR2008011402083.html

Am I defending the racist idiots at the mccain/palin rallies? No. But just because some or even most of them are racist or xenophobic doesn't mean all of them are or that all of their concerns regarding race and Obama's deep-seated beliefs regarding the issue should be discredited.
    To use a wide brush to try to discredit all of them, in my opinion, is as short-sighted as some of the views coming from the republican rallies.

LogicFlux, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  4. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Logic the stuff NPT posted pales in comparison to the hate wright spreads. Its not apples to apples.

homebizseo, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  5. debunked

Best Answers:
    And again I ask how what I wrote says you support westboro baptist as you say I did?

You can keep on copying my posts all day long and trying to say what I wrote says something it doesn't all day long as well. It still doesn't change the truth of what it says.

I bought up that cult because of what you were saying about Christian right not able to stick up for Palin because of what she agreed with Biden on. The only "christian right" I could think of that you might have thought we all were was westboro, which I actually didn't name - I said the group that pickets funerals, you knew who it was, I couldn't remeber their name while typing.

NPT I wish you could see the circles you keep running and the anger and hatred you seem to be spewing, I really miss the old reasonable North.

6. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Logic, I will have to say, I've dealt with this thing a long time - over a year on here, I think, right? I'm just a bit tired of revisiting it once again; but a brief revisit, and hope you take a look at some of the earlier posts and threads made on the subject (here, for instance), if you haven't seen them.

No., Wright's comments aren't my America, and given that I wasn't in the pews to watch him saying it, and watched Obama at the same time nodding his head in agreement, I don't know anything other than what Obama has said on the issue, and how he has acted on the issue.

When Obama gave the speech I posted above, it was, as I recall, debunked and Mia who were among the two most vociferous in calling the speech itself as racist. Can you not see why I might condemn this? Forget Wright, for now - have you read, or seen, his speech? Do you consider it a race-baiting piece of garbage?

Here. Out of:

Is this what you draw?

Sorry, Logic. We will have to respectfully disagree on this. The taint of what I see, anyway, in oceans of bigotry, is what needs to be addressed, and to me, there can be no excuses.

7. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I didn't think it could get any thicker, but I was wrong. Out of the blue, without any mention of them previously, debunked "couldn't remember the name of theh group he in fact remembered the name of," since he freaking WROTE THE NAME in the post, as seen above. Much like he accused me of equating Moon's cult with Christians, and all the rest.

I don't believe it is fooling anybody, debunked. I've said it before, that perhaps this kind of behavior fits in with your sense of morality, but it doesn't with mine. Give it a rest.

Then start approaching reasonableness, if you are sincere.

8. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Indeed. Obama praised Wright (who has a long history of racism) until he was exposed. And he's been less than forthcoming about anything since the media gave him a pass.

I watched the video above. The only thing remotely racist, MIGHT be the first lady. Whoopty doo!

Liberals go around picking on twelve year old girls and calling them racist for wearing a Palin t-shirt. Meanwhile, another angry liberal that only wants their own brand of "freedom of speech," but not for others, assaults a female McCain supporter. Just like liberals...picking on little girls :p If they aren't assaulting females, they are stealing votes from the mentally challenged.

GTech, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  9. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    No. I think that was and still is one of the most important speeches ever given by a non-president. I've never heard any politician talk about the things Barack talks about the way he talks about them. Most couldn't get away with it. And that speech along with the Father's day speech and others is one of the main reasons I'm voting for him. Sure, he threw Rev Wrong under the bus for political expediency, but turned it around from being a detriment to his campaign to making it an opportunity to talk about race in the most honest way that I've heard from a major politician.

But just because I agree with you about Barack and believe he's a good man and will be a good leader, doesn't mean that being suspicious of his views regarding race are completely unreasonable. He chose to align himself with Rev. Wright and those in that circle. I believe he did it through political calculation but that doesn't mean I'm right and that other conclusions not so favorable to his presidential bid are less plausible.

I guess it just bothers me when I see people from the left trying to define what is and what isn't the appropriate boundaries of thought and speech. Ironically, people from the left seem to be as guilty of this as people from the right, and liberalism is supposed to be about individual freedom.

10. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Really, Wade - nothing racist about a guy sitting on a stump, saying,

And this might be racist - but man, we just can't be sure:

And this is exactly what has troubled me about Palin's incitements to hate, the vile responses given, and her stunning silence in the aftermath. "Nothing wrong with it."

11. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I can accept all 3 paragraphs, Logic. There is as much fascism in the ideological left as there is on the right.

But in the instance of what I'm talking about, Logic, it seems such a tidal wave of denial, at best (see above post, as only one example), that it does behoove us to say it. Obama has been subjected to more gutter smear and vile crap than any candidate in American history. It's that mindset that has plagued us for too many years, now. It's the right thing to simply say, enough, in my opinion.

12. GTech

Best Answers:
    Palin's incitements to hate? Good grief! Are you referring to Obama's pastor of 20 years?

I need to go back and watch it again then, because I didn't hear some of those things you listed. But then I didn't see a response to Obama supporter's actions either. No surprise.

GTech, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  13. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    But you did, Wade. You said the first lady "might" be racist:

That first lady said:

Other than that, I think there is about 6 people or so, you did say you watched the video, and you said you saw nothing racist in what was said.

Which is it, Wade - did you not watch the video, in which case you're not speaking truthfully, or you watched it, and you believe there isn't anything racist in:

For instance?

14. debunked

Best Answers:
    Now you want to drag what I wrote into another person's discussion. You really are digging down below pathetic don't you think.

I really can't follow your rabbit trail any longer, it is sad you stoop so low. I really wish I could get a grasp of your thinking, but these posts have only shown you too be either insane or insanely drunk, maybe just drunk with hatred.

I will let others just see what you are doing, since it will only take me down in the muck if I follow you. I will bet you will say I "ran" but this is a waste of time and energy to discuss anything with you at this time.

Good bye North. I will let you have the last words - Probably won't be nice, probably will include more quotes from other posts and you will probably try to add into those just your thoughts instead of what I wrote. You accuse me of poor sense of morality, but you don't have a problem of being a liar- yes, I consider taking my words and placing them in your ways to mean other than I said lies. So be it.

Have at it.....

15. GTech

Best Answers:
    Seemed pretty clear to me.

GTech, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  16. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Your poor sense of honorable dialogue has only been shown for what it is, debunked, and everyone is free to review, and make conclusions as they will, because the words are there.

You can try to wage a propaganda campaign, as always, constantly attempting to portray that I speak in vagaries and non-answers, or am irrationally emotional and beclouded because of it, or, as here, resorting - as so often happens, with those honorably challenged to stand on the merits- to calling me insane, a liar, and a drunk. Perhaps this, too, is part of your morality.

It's your face in the mirror, not mine.

17. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    I really don't think we're in disagreement. I don't like how the McCain/Palin campaign has been playing on fear and xenophobia anymore than you do.
    I'm just worried that even the legitimate criticisms of Obama will be seen as illegitimate because a person happens to be surrounded by others who have illegitimate and ignorant views that seem at least superficially similar. The baby(that is, the criticisms grounded in something more than pure and baseless xenophobia) shouldn't be thrown out with the bathwater.

18. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I understand, Logic, and your point was well made, and well taken. :)

19. GTech

Best Answers:
    Yep, caught it the second time. I cut the unresponsive BS out.

That's really a shame. Certainly not as offensive as Obama's minister, but republicans are held to higher standards than liberals and I can accept that.

GTech, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  20. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought he used negro. Was that a racist statement or was he using the political correct term from when he was raised. There are several elderly black men in my town that refer to themselves as "coloreds". When I was growing up the term "black "was politically correct, now the young white kids use the term "African-American".

homebizseo, Oct 18, 2008 IP