1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Sarah Palin Thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, Aug 31, 2008.

1. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmm.

Just, well, hmm. Aside from the mild irony that Walmart is in essence a company known for gobbling up local business markets, almost exclusive use of foreign materials sourcing, horrible history of sex discrimination, lousy employee healthcare record, and so forth, uh, yep, ya betcha' - Palin buys diapers, and, uh, nope, I wouldn't call this news.

I understand from the article that Palin also "looked really sweet." I also understand Obama uses Tom's of Maine toothpaste. Cinnamon.

Glad we've our mind squarely on such matters of import, when nothing else needs attention at the moment.

northpointaiki, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  2. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    It's outrageous! How dare she shop at a real store where real Americans shop! It's scandalous! She bought diapers! That makes her a crappy choice for VP!

I wonder what it's like to be "elitist?"

GTech, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  3. DarkBrothers

DarkBrothers Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're right, they shouldn't pick on her for shopping at Walmart. She's got tons of real issues why she's completely incompetent to be the VP.

DarkBrothers, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  4. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Fortunately "they" were not picking on her. Just a local story covered in a positive light. I agree, Obama has any number of real issues of why he's not competent to be POTUS.

GTech, Oct 15, 2008 IP
    debunked likes this.
  5. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Drawn from another thread on "witchcraft," but as it mainly deals with Sarah Palin's "witch-huntin" pastor, it's relevant here.

It isn't just Saudi and/or Islamic courts that believe this kind of crap. Women deemed to be "witches" have been getting murdered, tortured, ostracized, driven from their homes, exiled from their communities, for centuries - and it continues today.

In fact, it continues with one of Sarah Palin's pastors, as I've posted, but the usually ebullient "Devotees of Sarah" crowd remained silent when it was brought up. It's topical, so I'll bring it up again:

This from the Times of London:

Here's the video from the Times piece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBvxWl7jXr0&feature=related

(Go to 3:50 on to see Palin's pastor spouting "we prayed, we fasted, Lord showed us a spirit of of witchcraft resting over the place. Their spiritual power over the town had been broken..." while after, another goofball describes that "every single bar in Kiambu closed....all but one of those bars are churches today" - ever since ridding the community of the "nefarious witch."

(Please note a bit of comedic irony: The video also mentions "Moonies in the Valley,"in Hemet, California, at 1:16; yet it is Sun Myung, the Moon Man himself, who owns the Washington Times, an apparent fave (only?) source of Sister Sarah, and major supporter to the Council For World Freedom, an organization devoted to funding Contra death squads and ex-nazis - an organization which Sen. McCain sat on as a board member during the early '80's. Ayres? Ayres? Ayres? Help?)

I remain astounded people even whisper anything remotely resembling a reasonable excuse as to why this hate-spewing, lying freak is the Republican Vice Presidential nominee.

northpointaiki, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  6. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Palin's pipeline still will create more jobs and do more to help the economy than anything that lying freak Obama has proposed.

homebizseo, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  7. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    LOL - come to DP this morning to see Biz has posted a blanket of like posts across a good many threads.

Yes, to be sure, Palin will create more jobs, cure the sick, raise the dead. After all, she's shielded of all witchcraft, God does her church's bidding (is God a Republican, too?), and all is right with the world. Presto! :D

northpointaiki, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  8. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    So are disputing that Palin one suggestion is better than what both candidates has suggested? I did not think you were. I am glad you agreed with me.

9. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    As Barack Obama spoke to 100,000 people in St. Louis today, Sarah Palin supporters in Ohio were telling Al Jazera, why they support their candidate.
    Watch the video and you can tell they had no idea they were talking to the Muslim news . It's funny, Ironic, but incredibly sad all at the same time.
    God Bless America, I love this land, but there are some real backwards ass, uneducated rednecks in this country.

One lady actually said that "If he wins, then the 'blacks' will take over the country and that is unchristian"..she actually said it was not Christian !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRqcfqiXCX0&eurl=http://www.themansfieldherald.com/

As sad as it makes me that people are still like this in my country, what disturbs me even more is that these types of videos are seen all over the world. It really makes us look like the biggest hypocrites in the world if this is how "Americans" feel about it's own citizens.

hmansfield, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  10. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Speechless, after viewing the video. Some gems:

"I'm afraid if he wins, the blacks will take over. (Screaming) He's not a Christian! This is a Christian nation. What is our country gonna end up like?"

"When ya got a negruh runnin' for President, ya need a first stringer he's definitely a second stringer"

"He's a sheep..he's a wolf in sheep's clothing, to be honest with you and I believe Palin, she's filled with the Holy Spirit and she's gonna bring honesty and integrity to the White House"

"Obama and his wife I'm concerned he could be anti-white and I don't like that."

"I don't like the fact he thinks us white people are trash, because, we're not!"

And Palin gets the "laying on of hands" witch-protection by a guy whose specialty is to drive women from their homes in Kenya, a guy she claims got her the Governorship because he's got the mojo over God, who grants her preacher's wishes. This "good christian" feeds these sick un-Americans the hate they seek, and blithely continues on, while her starry-eyed supporters blithely give her a pass here, on this forum, simply because they're terrified of an Obama Presidency. Sad, for America - and for them, because by all accounts, their worst nightmare is about to come to life.

11. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    What is exactly wrong with "honesty and integrity" in the White House? Sounds like Palin would be a great addition.

12. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the people interviewed were first class xenophobes and/or racists but I think this lady has a reasonable point of view. The stuff that was/is being said at Trinity is no less racist or ignorant. And frankly, there is reason to question whether or not someone who had such close ties to that church and its leader for so long, do harbor feelings that they haven't made completely public.
    I don't believe Obama has anything against white people. I tend to go with Bill O'Reilly in believing that Obama's affiliation with Trinity was just political calculation. But I don't think it's right to dismiss fears like this lady raised as being bigoted or irrational, especially when Obama's actions played a part in raising these concerns.

LogicFlux, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  13. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Anyone else feel like they need a shower, after seeing such vile filth being given a pass, as usual?

Any reason not a single Palin-bot hasn't condemned a single instance of race and other hatred as incontrovertibly shown in several videos, here? Any reason not a single Palin-bot hasn't addressed the fact she had a fucking witch-hunter for a pastor, a guy she claimed, literally gave her the fucking governorship, because he's got god in his damn pocket?

I wish I could believe in a deity, because, if so, I'd pray for a gotterdamerrung never before conceived in the destruction of such mindlessness as I've seen becloud America since the rise of the grossly hypocritical, "evangelical right" movement. Barry Goldwater, you were right. Let me join you in your dying wish, that this ignorant ilk would return to the imbecilic swamp from which it came. Good riddance.

14. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't know what to say, Logic. There isn't a single fetid swab of spit coming out of the pointy-headed bigots from that video that I would call "reasonable." And when it is coming out of the McCain rallies in such surfeit, my god, man - well, I guess the notion of seminal shifts of history, paradigmatic cleavages in our cultural inheritance mean nothing, to some. I for one, will never forget:

This speech was termed a "race baiting speech" by the same kinds of ignorant people who will leap to the crap you see on display at the Palin rallies. LET ME SAY IT CLEARLY: NO THANK YOU. THIS IS NOT MY AMERICA.

15. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Come on man. How can you ignore that whole video and somehow support some kind of point from it ?

The funniest irony of the whole video is the reporter was from Al Jazera. I am sure if they knew that, most of those people would have a few choice words for them as well...but then again, they probably wouldn't have known what Al Jazera was in the first place.

It seems there were quite a few children left behind in Ohio.:p

16. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What do you think about the other points raised by the Mccain and Palin supporters in that video? Specifically the ones highlighted by NP.

stOx, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  17. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ayy = I don't even want to venture into the wolf's den, but I am so shocked by how you have changed faces from when you first appeared at DP. You went from dealing in reason to running on emotion. Trying to understand to making up what people think in their minds.

Let's see, you say Palin is full of Hate without showing any evidence of hate, yet throughout your posts you are seething with hate....

Now you watch an al jazera video and the 6 people they show interviewed are racists, ignorant or immature, yet you seem to being making a calculated "ALL" statement just as al jazera wanted you to.

I am putting my bet on the table that I, being a Christian who hasn't condemned Palin at every level is also a hate filled, bigoted, redneck, uneducated, ignorant, piece of ......

This election is going to make a lot of shrinks filthy rich....
    No need to reply NPT, I probably won't be able to read your seething angry reply for a week or so.

debunked, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  18. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    The answer to debunked's conundrum is contained in his own post. Wherever it is, ample evidence provided, but blind to anything but the pre-conceived worldview, and the attempted tactic, "you never answer." Then, run for cover.

The last time, it was my "support for the Westboro Baptists."

Sheer bunk, as always. Whether it's this - ignoring everything, and then pretend nothing was answered - or the usual misstatements:

debunked, since you've jumped in like this I don't know how many times, tried to ascribe some kind of irrational position to my posts, tried to paint it all as my "blind emotionality," and then ducked for cover, I'll ask you again, directly: Can you answer this - what is in the following that you find so hard to gulp, swallow, and state an opinion on, cloaked in "reason and light?:

A general statement: I see nothing but frightened and disingenuous cowards, from certain corners of the land.

wisdomtool likes this.
  19. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Since I posted the video, let me say that I don't think that this is a complete picture of all supporters of McCain /Palin, but it is a pretty bad representation of Ohio. I have spent a lot of time there, Columbus, Dayton, Cleveland, Sandusky, Kent State, OSU, OU, Bowling Green, U of T, and a few other Universities.
    It is a F'ed up state, and there is a lot of racial division.

Just the amazing part to me was that a the same time Obama was speaking to 100k Americans of all races, incomes, and walks of life, some of the Plain supporters are ...well...these kinds of people. They aren't voting for the issues, they are voting "Anybody but him".
    You obviously wouldn't see people like that at an Obama speech. Seems most of America has actually progressed past the 1920's.

I was actually floored by the use of religion to justify racism. Just floored. But more than anything I was ashamed for my country. I hate that people all over the world see that we are no better than anyone because this is the hate and rhetoric that we use to mistreat our own citizens.

It is amazing that so many people have a guilty fear of blacks in America. Just the notion as the one lady put it, that if Obama is elected "the blacks" will "take over". I will bet $1,000 it won't stop me from getting pulled over and harassed by police.

That wouldn't be a concern if she wasn't a stone cold racist. It's funny...it's like she's scared of some Nat Turner uprising where black people will roam the countryside with torches and rifles.

Fear is the powerful motivator for racism.

I wonder how scared those same people will be on their death bed when they get that last moment of clarity and realize that they have wasted a whole life hating, for no reason, and were not at all Christians...wondering what will happen to their souls.

20. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Dude you are sad.

I did not run and hide ever, but the frustration won't stop. You can't show her hatred that you dreamed up just as much as you can't prove the things you think I meant within things I wrote. I am sorry you have fallen off the rocker or whatever may have happened to cause you to throw out reasoning for fanatism, honesty for emotions and kindness for anger.

Do you not realize that much of what you spew will be the same as what alex jones type sites will publish as fact? Or should I ask if that is where you get this emotional charged hatred towards palin or is it just all Christians that you have this hatred for?

And now you are going to attempt AGAIN to steer people wrong? Where did I say anywhere that you have "support for westboro baptist" hate cult? Wow. I bet that alone can go on for 100 posts as well, you will come back and explain how that is what I said in there that you support them?

You should try reality, it is so much easier to live in.

debunked, Oct 18, 2008 IP