1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Sarah Palin Thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, Aug 31, 2008.

1. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the vagaries - a tactic employed a good deal.

I do know that respecting abortion, I don't think there are any optimal answers, for reasons I've talked about. he world is a complex place, and trying to deal with the complexities, as opposed to an pat image stemming from a prism of those complexities, can make it so things don't fit inside a neat box, all the time.

Nevertheless, you've indicated "I remain undecided on many issues." Please tell me some of the "many issues" I'm undecided on, and if I am, and if you're unclear as to why, I'm very happy to say why.

I take issue with positions taken from what seems to me to be a position of ignorance, and utter laziness - particularly when those positions are breathed with the air of authority and certitude.

Again, if you could provide an example, I'd be happy to address that. Generally, if I've been wrong, I have no issue with admitting so, and apologizing. Something you should know.

No, I don't. By and large, I find it a supreme waste of time, and I'm puzzled myself why I spend so much time on a forum discussing something under the pretense of a good faith exchange, when so much of it is anything but that, in my experience. I suppose I hold out hope that I can learn something I don't know, and if I've something of worth, that I can share it so someone else can benefit. "Get a kick out of this" tells me you feel hurt over something. Again, if you'd like to discuss that, I'd be happy to do so.

northpointaiki, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  2. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    But when NPT attacks it not just with malice, he expands ones thoughts and increases traffic to dictonary.com when you are trying to figure out what the heck he was beating around the bush about.

He adds a little dejon mustard dill sauce to the conversation.

homebizseo, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Anything to get you to the dictionary would be a good thing, I guess, Biz.

Now, it seems you fellas can't seem to provide an example of my "beating around the bush." A tactic regularly employed by a few (only a few, thankfully), if an empty one, but anytime you're ready to post some specifics, please let me know. I'd be glad to clear up anything I'm unclear on.

4. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    :D
    Yep, just like I always go for the 'popular' side of things. Never can be shown how I 'always go for the popular side' or another dandy 'I always have it both ways, both sides' and so much more.

Seams a bit more than disingenuous coming from those supporting their candidate for reasons that end up being false :eek:

GRIM, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  5. AutoGlobalZOne

AutoGlobalZOne Member

Best Answers:
    Relax bro ;)

AutoGlobalZOne, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  6. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hows this for an example...

You call yourself a second amendment supporter, but your willing to allow the one guy that wants to take weapons away into Washington.

Therefore claiming gun supporter, yet helping the bad guys win

2 sides, you on both. Dont try to argue this, its a fact and you know it

simplyg123, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  7. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

You call yourself a 2nd amendment supporter yet you support someone who does not support the 2nd very well at all.

I am not helping the 'bad guy' win, I see both of them as bad guys. I also see you parroting false information, where does Obama say he wants to take all weapons away as you've stated?

I am not willing to sell out, I see you are. If anyone is having it 'both ways' it would squarely fall into your lap, a 'gun nut' who supports a lowly rated Republican when it comes to 'guns' and refuses to understand the truth of his stance. Even when shown without a doubt his 'boy' isn't strong on the 2nd he claims, instead of waking up, he still keeps his eyes shut and instead says more lies, that the other guy is going to take all guns away.

Nice try, too bad it falls extremely flat.

GRIM, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  8. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, I keep think this damn thing will die, but no...

Amazing. Biz calls you "Hi Karate" and you call it "smartass"? Didn't this happen a couple of days after you posted your Karate instructor pics? Now you take offense that I thought is was funny? And now you're upset because I called you a "frenchie"? If I remember correctly, It was a remark made in jest designed to get a rise out of you. You didn't seem too offended at the time. Now it is quoted as "ammunition" to paint me as two-faced???

OK... Whatever...

Looks like you've got your ego all wrapped up in this. Not sure why. My request seems pretty simple. I am only asking that when you choose to rail on others, just leave me out of it and I won't call you "frenchie" anymore. Is that fair?

Now, for the third time, could you please just let this die?

jkjazz, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  9. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    I support the better of the two, granted neither are perfect, but one is better, and that's who i support. You support neither, and take from the vote that would help just a little bit more than the other.

Plain English. A vote for Ron, is a vote for Nobama. This allowing the weaker stance into Washington.

Its not that hard to comprehend grim.

As far as Nobamas gun stance...

You should check this out
    http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_obama.html

He wants to start by regulating everything, than take your assault rifles, then he limits you to one hand gun a month, he wants to strip you of concealed weapon rights, wants to reinstate assault weapon ban "permanently", he wants to strip you of semi auto rifles, wants to ban military surplus ammo, he wants to sue gun manufactures. This is just the beginning!!

This is the support your giving to your second amendment right. Id say McCain, has much more than a weak stance in comparison, I say he has a rather Strong stance in comparison.

I see McCain as a much better president at these times. We need a leader with experience. With economy, reform, war, etc..Nobama has little or none. He has no war experience and he clearly stated that when he announced his attack on Pakistan. Real smart Nobama.

Id say its time to step up and vote smart grim, dont give your vote to a man that stands against everything you believe.

Of course you really dont care, cause your not a gun owner...Yep i went there

10. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is not a 'vote for Obama' no matter how much you want to claim it.

Voting for a Republican who is weak on the 2nd is a downgrading of what a strong stance on the 2nd is. Voting for a Republican for the lesser of 2 evils who does not strongly support the 2nd is not standing up for what you believe in. I could go on and on, your point is flat at best and holds simply not even an ounce of water.
    It is you who is unable to 'comprehend'
    I have read into his stance more than you would know, it however does not equate to he wants to get rid of every single gun like you tried to claim.
    I am not giving my support to either of these weak fools on the 2nd, that falls squarely on your feet.

What do you not get about a democrat is expected to be weak on the 2nd. Even if he tries to enact certain laws it will not change the nation on a whole, if anything it will strengthen those who want to have strong 2nd amendment rights.

Now by letting in a Republican with an extremely weak 2nd stance as McCain is, in the long term he will do more damage. He will water down what a 'strong' stance on the 2nd used to be. Shifting those being todays modern strong stance to an even weaker stance simply to keep as close to what they see as their side.

This is similar to Republicans becoming drunken spending fools such as they were under Bush. It's sad you don't see this, sad that you will if anything and others like you be the reason the 2nd gets destroyed even further for your inability to support someone you actually support.
    So many lies coming from you. He never 'announced an attack on Pakistan' for starters. Economy most would appear to differ with you, Obama appears to have 'economy' over McCain any day.
    Ahh but I have, you are the one who has not.
    I'm glad you did, it makes you look EXTREMELY FOOLISH.

Lets see your almighty 2nd amendment supporting president hopefuls own words

I know how to use guns; but I don't own one

Thanks for playing the game, try again next week would you?

GRIM, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  11. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Ive just figured it out. Grim you are a closeted Democrat, why dont you come out and save us all from this constant multiple personality disorder that you seem to be suffering from.

I just posted Nobamas stance, this is how he feels now, when he accomplishes those goals, you dont think it will get worse?

I have two questions for you. please answer them honestly

1. Will Ron Paul win the presidency?
    2. If you had no other choice other than Nobama and mcCain, who would have your vote?

By the way Nobama said if elected in November 2008 he would be willing to attack inside Pakistan with or without approval from the Pakistani government.

12. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Jazz - you've missed this thing from the beginning. I never said, or thought you left the red rep, and you freaked out, and falsely said I was blaming you. Crap like this is the second time you've done this. I mean it sincerely - please read.

On the "hi Karate" stuff - I'm an Aikido and iaido (Japanese swordsmanship) instructor. It may be difficult to understand, but it's a life's work, bearing no relationship to the crap biz chose to post. I do understand why this may not be understood, as to why this would be offensive, but I'll have to let it go with that.

My only other issue is that it seems you're bothered by the issue here, but weren't too sensitive otherwise - as you said, "trying to get a rise out of me." I actually wasn't offended - I'm going to your intent, as you again affirm here.

Bottom line, please tell me how you'd like me to proceed. In a post containing an issue with someone, and your name is mentioned in that post, would a set of brackets [NOT you] ....[/NOT you] help? Do you understand why I find this ridiculous?

Whatever indeed, Jazz. All the best.

13. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    can you people keep the discussion to politics or religion.
    stop the bs please

pizzaman, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  14. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Grim, and others, I honestly don't think I've ever seen you give a damn about "sides" on the forum, popular or otherwise. From all that I can tell, you are a strict constructionist when it comes to the Constitution, and this informs a good deal of your beliefs. I think you believe both options on the current scene - McCain and Obama - blow, for a host of reasons, and you would hope for a multiparty system, believing this would give voice to a lot more views than can presently be available.

Is that about right? If so, while I don't agree with a lot of your positions, I respect the consistency with which you hold them.

My $0.02.

15. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=9451671&postcount=181

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=9447682&postcount=1436

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=9402773&postcount=1256

Agreed, what dad said. The insubstantive stuff has to stop. And I mean NOW! :D

Just joshing, Pizza. You're right, sorry for the spat with our Texas pal, Jazz. Back to discussions of pugs, and so forth.

16. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Really, where are these multiple personalities at might I ask?
    Yes he's horrible on the 2nd, as is McCain. He however does not say he's going to take all your guns away.

Nice avoidance of the argument I brought btw.
    Gladly
    Of course not, that's not the point. Until people wake up and realize they have a choice, the 2 main parties will win every time, nobody outside of their chosen man/woman will have a chance.
    Honestly...Neither.
    BTW you are taking his words totally out of context. He said if Pakistan was unwilling to act he would. That's pretty much a common stance from any administration, hell the US has been doing missiles attacks against Pakistan w/o their permisson under Bush.

Even Palin said pretty much the same thing ;)

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-09-29-mccain-palin-pakistan_N.htm

A simple question for you.

#1 Do you hold the same standard to McCain that he does not 'care' about the 2nd since he does not own a gun?

I understand you could not dispute what I posted in the last post, however to call someone a 'closet democrat' and to accuse of multiple personalities simply screams of ignorance and unwilling to admit you've been beat.

GRIM, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  17. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    all these are relevant and about politics,and short. You talk about you. i hate to read a whole page that you write and find out it is about other members.
    because of the large amount of money that i have lost in the past few i am kind of cranky so sorry if i came across too harsh

pizzaman, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  18. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    simplyg123 - How come your avatar is trying to make it seem as if Obama and Osama Bin Laden are one in the same? Do you believe that? Or do you only wish that people would?

Better yet, how come instead of having an avatar supporting your candidate because you believe in him, you are using it bring up the other candidate? I'm confused, are you for McCain or just anti-Obama?

GeorgeB., Oct 9, 2008 IP
  19. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Pizza, I'm sorry, I find a good many of your posts completely as propagandic as the "other side," with zero substance to them. But I honestly don't care, really, as I scan past the nonsense one-liners. I've enjoyed some other posts that you've made.

Now,

I know I can write long posts - but "an entire page devoted to other members." Lots of vagaries being tossed around, lately. Do you have an example, or several?

20. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That sums it up pretty damn well ;)

GRIM, Oct 9, 2008 IP