1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Sarah Palin Thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, Aug 31, 2008.

1. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    PHP, I'm sorry, but please. There wasn't anything light hearted about her statements here, nor is this some Democratic whackjob-fest in misinterpreting this - she is dead serious, and has said so, over and over again. Fox News first aired the notion, Cindy McCain parroted it, and Palin has now restated it - affirmatively so - in the only two interviews she has granted. She was better off just saying, "hell no, I know nothing about foreign policy," than this tragedy of an attempt.

What left wing bias? What is biased in saying:

Is a dangerously moronic attempt to handle something she has zero understanding of? Is it all left wing mania? Is it so, when confirmedly conservative thinkers and writers are openly calling for her to resign?

It can only be laid at the feet of "elitist, liberal media" and its fellow travellers so long, PHP. Palin should never have been chosen, McCain did it as a cynical attempt to snow the electorate, and he's paying for it, badly.

Palin is an important problem - I can't verify it (at all - don't have the source, so can't go after the data), but I saw an actuarial figure the other day suggesting there is a 1 in 5 chance this person will have to step into the Presidency. She is utterly ill-equipped. I don't need to have a President who I can have a beer with, or with whom I can chat idly while our kids play soccer. This seems to have been the appeal.

northpointaiki, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  2. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pailin lies all the time
    http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/09/the-lies-and-li.html

pizzaman, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  3. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I think actuary tables put it at a 1-in-3 chance McCain would not survive his first term. It is not just his age, he has had 4 bouts with cancer already. I have no problem with people standing by their party, but the notion of Palin being President of the United States is so absurd, I am saddened by how many people are willing to lie to themselves and say she is qualified. I hear McCain on the radio today and even he is fumbling for words trying to make her sound good. Today it was how so many Americans like her . . . wasn't that his rap on Obama a couple months ago. He was not qualified, just popular?

browntwn, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  4. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    You are telling me you don't see the tone of whoever wrote the commentary into it? It is obviously speaking negatively towards her. There is an obvious bias in that manner.

Also, we have had this discussion before. The fact of the matter is, is if you were as concerned about experience as you tend to let people believe you are in this thread (you have stated before you are not), Obama would clearly not be your Presidential candidate of choice.

PHPGator, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  5. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    we are not concerned about experience but about competence. she is not coming across as nothing more than an idiot. You have not looked at the interviews so there is nothing to discuss with you
    =================================================================
    [​IMG]

pizzaman, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  6. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    PHP, you are confusing a concern over experience for a concern over imbecility, and sequestering the candidate or outright attempting a snow job to cover it up. You've intimated "bias" several times, and now you choose to say I'm playing some kind of game - that formerly, I was less concerned about Obama's "experience" relative to McCain, but here, it is apparently Palin's lack of experience that is bothering me. I've said it before, and believe it now: I'm willing to invest a measure of trust in ability, and a curious mind, over stupidity, and a stubborn worldview (when that world is constantly changing). This is what I've long believed, and it holds here, as well.

I'm concerned about utter imbecility holding the keys to the Vice Presidency (and, quite likely, Presidency). I'm concerned a person seemingly more concerned about getting a witch-doctor faith healing (Let me know if this is also just more liberal spin - there's a short clip there, as well) than reading a single newspaper (another clip) is seriously being considered for a vice-presidency, when as Brown has shown (and as I've seen elsewhere), the odds of her assuming the top job are alarmingly high.

And I'm not sure that you understand the quote above is not my spin on what Palin said, but Palin's words, themselves. The parentheticals are what I literally saw her do, in the brief video (which you indicated you haven't had time to see). In order to remove this notion entirely, that I'm somehow "liberal spinning" this: Here - Palin's words, verbatim:

(Forgot her "Oh!" originally). Now, my removal of the parentheticals isn't entirely accurate - as showing that she indeed had to panic and look down several times at notes that obviously confused her is true, isn't "spin," and only makes the situation worse. You have chosen not to watch any of the short clips referenced quite a bit in this thread and others; so be it. However, I keep hearing about how all of this is "liberal spin." I've seen very few people having the political integrity to simply say, "John, you blew it." Kathleen Parker has; George Will has; many other conservatives now have, as well. The only spin I see here is the refusal to address the obvious.

7. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Every interview I have seen is so choppy - worst modern editing ever by say ABC (fauxnews) I have ever seen.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=5783816

The editors of the video really did do some choppy editing on this one alone and those who take these videos as proof she is an idiot are being very partisan from what I am seeing.

If you deny that these interviews were very choppy and lack the professional quality.

Please don't try to say I am being partisan on this, I have yet to see the unedited version. Give me the unedited version and then I would be able to see how bad she was.

Well, skip that since you don't have the millions that ABC would demand to get that. We will just have to see tonight with help of a non-partisan moderator...

debunked, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  8. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am glad that at least you see how incompetent she is. she sounds stupid because she is way over her head. editing has nothing to do with it. you hear the question and her answer. you are looking grasping at the straws.
    =====================================================
    here is her old debate. i have not seen it as i am in the office and can't have sound
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1-B-OyQ-KI&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ttqv_0y0R4&feature=related

pizzaman, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  9. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    GRIM, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  10. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    Tomorrow.

LogicFlux, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  11. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Debunked, the videos I've posted have been a single scene - a question, and answer. The only editing was standard practice - the interviewer asks the question; the camera is on the interviewer; Palin answers - the camera is on her. I posted this previously, and I'd invite you to take a look:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/michaelcalderone/0908/Cafferty_to_Blitzer_Dont_make_excuses_for_Palin.html?showall

What in the Couric portion of this interview is an editorial hatchet job, for want of a better term? It's one question, Palin's response, and Couric's reaction shots - nothing more, and standard practice in television interviewing. The only thing I see is a very flustered candidate.

I'd again stand by my earliest impressions - and I do feel sorry for Palin, or, I would feel sorry for her, if she didn't have the hubris to believe that "not hesitating" when asked to take the V.P. nomination is a sign of judgment and leadership. I honestly get the sense she felt like this was just some kind of Belle of the Ball, and either doesn't know this isn't a drill, or knows, but doesn't care.

12. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought that she did quite well. The anti-McCain crowd is really make more out if this than what is really there. It is really sad that she is being attacked in the forum like she is.

homebizseo, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  13. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    We have gone down the rabbit hole people.

The words "President Palin" should scare the hell out of all of us.

browntwn, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  14. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    she will be immediately impeached. It is the old man that is scary

pizzaman, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  15. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it's just so sad. Palin has been so fortright and available to the American citizenry, to transparently discuss her views and knowledge about a single goddamned thing of import to the polity. She has performed brilliantly in the two interviews she's granted, which of course is why conservative morons like George Will and Kathleen Parker are openly saying, John McCain, you blew it; in Parker's case, Sarah Palin, resign.

I, for one, am so sick of the leftist conspiracy loons ignoring reality and devising all this crap on Sarah Palin, when none of it is true. And I'm also really looking forward to the pterodactyl visiting my room tonight, taking me to Xanadu.

16. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Jack cracked me up when he got his panties in a bind... poor fellow, hope he didn't have a heart attack afterwards.

Again, I say she looks bad answering that question, but still feel like someone is pulling a pallywood edit on us to make it worse. Like removing parts or combining 2 answers into one. I may be wrong, but I have a high distrust for the popular media figure heads and shows such as that one.

But if it is all true, she looks bad and if she is that ill-prepared it will show through during the debate where she will be up against someone who has lived the political life and knows much more than her even if he doesn't know about the other 7 states yet.

debunked, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  17. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    She is well accomplished and thus far has proved to be a worthy choice. She will be able to hold her on on Thursday. Biden will be in the attack mode trying to recoup the momentum lost by Obama's poor showing.

18. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    LOL - great entertainment today, Biz, fine form. 'Course, Obama's "poor showing" is why he has regained virtually all the electoral lead lost over the summer slump (as of today, at +86, or +158, depending on whether "leaners" are included or not), and McCain is in an arterial bleed.

Just curious, but does it feel better to just say crap like this, irrespective of what is really happening?

19. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    That's my point, though, Debunked - it was a contiguous answer. It wasn't an assembly of shots on different answers, or anything like that. A very straightforward question, a single-set mastershot on each, and that's it. She just performed a collossal panic dive, in full view, and though it is admittedly really hard to watch, it's all Palin.

I rather think that the bar has been set so incredibly low, that if she literally doesn't sprout green skin and perform a 720 with her head, she'll come off "alive" again. Which I find a sad commentary.

20. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Sarah Palin ask some very good ecnomic question about Obama's major tax increases. Answer them NPT. How are we going to be better off with a tax increase and double digit inflation?