1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Sarah Palin Thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, Aug 31, 2008.

1. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    In all fairness:

"Hillary Rodham Clinton ridiculed Democratic rival Barack Obama on Tuesday for his contention that living abroad as a child helped give him a better understanding of the foreign policy challenges facing the U.S.

"Voters will have to judge if living in a foreign country at the age of 10 prepares one to face the big, complex international challenges the next president will face," Clinton said. "I think we need a president with more experience than that, someone the rest of the world knows, looks up to and has confidence in."

AND

"A day earlier, touting his foreign policy credentials, Obama had said his life experience gave him a better feel for international issues than most candidates gain from official trips to other nations.

He noted his father was from Kenya and that he himself spent part of his childhood in Indonesia. "Probably the strongest experience I have in foreign relations is the fact I spent four years overseas when I was a child in Southeast Asia," he said Monday."

Source

EDIT:
    Let's remember, he wants to be the President, not the Vice- President.

jkjazz, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  2. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    it makes you open to different cultures and as a result you will be better equipped to talk with them.
    Failin is also a good hunter and gun enthusiast, so if the situation arises to shoot somebody in the face she can do that masterfully.
    in her defense
    they are teaching her as we wait so she will be ready to take charge. and you can only expect so much in a few days.

pizzaman, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  3. CPALeadTroy

CPALeadTroy Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What it comes down to is this. If you like George Bush you will like Palin as well. They seem to be the same person.

CPALeadTroy, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  4. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad, I've had enough of those dorks that think they get to pick which part of the Bill of Rights they like. That may seem like a detriment to you... but I'll guarantee it gains her a lotta votes.

robjones, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  5. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am glad that Obama is willing to lose some votes to save some lives. You remember that failin took the chance with her own flesh and blood to give a speech. what a contrast.

6. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry kid, I've used a gun to save lives (and no. I'm not a cop). I'm sure the guy that ended up in jail agrees with you about the need to get handguns away from responsible citizens.

7. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Regardless of what i want or Obama wants to do, the laws of the country is protected by the courts. The way that the court is stacked now, there is no chance that the gun laws are going to change much. This is a fake argument for this election and is only used by the pugs.

8. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've watched the Dems slowly try to chip the 2nd amendment outta the constitution for a long time. Obamas insulting remarks about people "clinging to God and guns" tells me if he isnt comfortable with either... he's less than comfortable with 20% of the Bill of Rights.

Your assurances notwithstanding, I'm not in favor of putting somebody in charge that carries that attitude.

9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think he was necessarily against god and guns, He was pointing out that their obsession with them stems from personal inadequacies and a practically futile existence in a part of the country where employment is low and prospects are bleak.

If someone has nothing the idea of a bang-stick and an invisible friend must be quite appealing.

stOx, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  10. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    The country faces major issues that urgently need our attention. I understand that this is a major issue for a lot of people but i just explained to you why it is not urgent. clinging to gun is exactly what you are doing, Unreasonable defense when no defense is necessary

11. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Jazz, a few things.

1. It never works for me to bolster the gross weaknesses of one candidate by reference to the apparent or alleged weaknesses of another candidate. Palin is an absolute zero in foreign policy, for reasons shown.

2. I've said it elsewhere today, that Clinton attacked Obama during the primary, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a political animal's attempt to set the stage for her renaissance in 2012. We need to look past her motivations there, and what was actually said (by both Obama and Clinton), and see if there's anything to it. From my read of it, Obama was trying to score points by his having lived in other cultures, and so was Clinton, decrying the same. I'd personally look at (3), below, for more.

3. Obama is brighter and more trained than Palin will ever hope to be. He graduated from Columbia University in International Relations, and holds the accolade of being the nation's top law student, while at Harvard Law, and as head of the Harvard Law review. Palin apparently drifted through 5 colleges, before settling in the University of Idaho and gaining a degree in communications. And that's it.

If anyone wants to seriously place Obama and Palin in a head-to-head on foreign policy, indeed, brains and aptitude generally, it's a fight that can't be won for the Palin supporters.

Having said that, and again returning to Palin on the merits, I return to my earlier post. She displayed an egregious ignorance of international policy in her interview last night with Charlie Gibson; without exaggeration, this was a serious, serious check to McCain's early glow having chosen Palin, and she came off precisely what I've felt she was all along, a fish out of water cynically propelled to the national stage by the McCain camp in Rovian fashion.

Coupled with the only thing I've seen mentioned - originated by Fox, parroted by Cindy McCain, and again parroted by Sarah Palin, namely, that she has "insight" because Alaska is sort of near Russia, I'd need to ask again:

Sarah Palin has zero training, understanding, or ability respecting foreign policy and international relations. Those supporting her - does her ignorance receive a pass?

northpointaiki, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  12. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Codythebest, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  13. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LIKE IT OR NOT, SHE'S WINNING HEARTS AND MINDS
    David Gurgen (sp?), one of the oft seen talking heads that has served for both Dems and GOP, was initially so dismissive of Palin that it came across in every word he said. Last couple of days he has slowly started displaying admiration for Palin. When asked about the Gibson question he laughed and said though everyone knows the policy... the term Bush Doctrine isnt standard parlance among politicos or media, and he'd have to say she did fine on the question, just didnt know it by that name. He then went on to give her high marks for how she handled herself.

Similarly, I was listening to CNN yesterday and heard a panel that was so effusive about her I double checked to make sure it really was CNN and not Fox. To use a phrase of days gone by... she's winning hearts and minds. She's gonna be trouble for Obama.

OK THEY LIED: BUT WHICH TIME?
    As for passing off Hillarys comment about Obama's thin experience just being a political thing... no, it doesnt wash. She now HAS to say nice things about him, as does Biden... each for their own reasons. She wants her debt retired and theyre waving the purse strings at her, he wants to reach the white house even if it is in the copilot chair. The current scenario easily lends itself to a lie. At best it proves they are liars either way. He cant possibly have gained THAT much experience in the last few months. Thats a no win for Dems... either Obama is experienced and Bidens lies for political gain... or Obama is a lightweight and Biden STILL lies for political gain.

Isnt Biden the one brought in for "credibility"?
    I dont see you worrying about the Dem VPs veracity. If you admit he's a liar (he cant have been telling the truth both times), why is it not as important as thinking Palin is?

LETS LOOK AT WHAT THEY SAY vs HOW THEY *REALLY* PERFORM UNDER PRESSURE?
    Bottom line even many Dems now admit Palin has managed to get them off message. They've shot themselves in the foot ever since her entry, making gaffe after gaffe trying to find a way to counter the rather obvious fact that the GOP ticket theyd ruled dead was now passing them in the polls. The race has a way to go, but if they dont regroup they're toast and they know it.

Desperation doesnt fill people with confidence
    They've declared her a lightweight... but people are starting to realize that if these guys cant even handle a woman they dismissively labeled "Caribou Barbie" without having a meltdown, they are NOT qualified to go toe to toe with leaders on the world stage. Yep... Barack has the more degrees, he talks a great game... but he's proving incapable of the role. He got thrown a curve and he's swinging at air. They cant handle "Barbie"... but theyd be hell on wheels against Putin? LOL. Suuuure.

You dont have to agree with me... just watch the Dems to continue to meltdown, it'll tell the tale.

14. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    To bad you can't run the most powerful country in the free world with confidence and "hootspa", she would be a shoe in, but unfortunately this is not some Disney movie where the housewife miraculously comes up with all the right answers and saves the world.
    The world is a dangerous place and it comes with many delicate issues. I can give her a lot of credit for a lot of things, Personality, Well Spoken, Confident, and many other things, but she is not anywhere close to being ready to be number 2.

If you McCain supporters get your wish, you better hope to hell that he stays healthy for 4 years, or we will be vulnerable to attack from everyone who dislikes us and is watching us cheer a hockey mom with no experience and put her in charge of the most powerful country in the world and our nuclear weapons.

It is going to take a little more than popularity to pull our country out of the hole that we are in.
    We know McCain has a plan, but if he dies 2 weeks into office...what is her plan?

Are you guys really ready to make this woman Commander in Chief ? The town she was mayor in had a whole 2 murders while she was in office...most of the major crime was drunken bar fights and larceny.....do you really think she is ready to uphold the constitution, which she has no education in, and take on the weight of the country and the world ?

Do you guys honestly think a 2 year journalism degree is enough to make trade agreements with leaders of other nations?

Many of you are banking on the fact that McCain will stay healthy and if not, she will have enough people around her to help her run the country, but who are those people?
    What is their agenda ?

If the worse happens, it will be very bad for America.

hmansfield, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  15. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    didn't you saw the view. mcsame totaly imploded. sounded just like bush
    some one has a thread up with links.
    do you realize that this is not a football game and future of the country is at stake.

16. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If the alternative is Obama? Absolutely. I'll take someone with the ability to change things before a guy that makes a living talking about it without ever doing it. He can coast on his academic record so long before it just looks like he's wearing his high school letter jacket to college. He was in the senate 142 days before he started running for president.

He's a legend in his own mind who has sold a bill of goods to a bunch of Dems that wont face the truth... he's a rookie... all talk no do. I absolutely would rather have a small town mayor turned governor with the brass she has than a me-too party line sycophant with a good ole boy hack for a VP that even his supporters can only argue WHICH time he lied about Obama's credentials... as they cant argue that he didnt.

17. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Vote with your heart...If your heart say's, "Anybody but Obama" so be it. Many in the country feel that way, and will never look at any of the real issues, so long as he doesn't win.
    The unfortunate part is, those that feel that way can't come up with more than sound bytes and You tube videos to form their opinions. Most cannot quote one single thing about his platform, or his plan for the country, nor his record as a State and U.S. Senator.

I don't know where all that "legend in his own mind" hatred comes from, but if you want to put a mayor of a small town in charge of all of our nuclear submarines and send her over to talk to Putin, Il, Castro's brother (Castro), Jintao, Ahmadinejad and help Afghanistan hold on to what little stable government they have, holding off the Taliban, and you really think if McCain is incapacitated she is ready to jump in and handle all these issues and still keep it together at home...with a Bachelor of Science, and 16 months Gov. of Alaska.....

Then maybe something is wrong with me, because I have been in this country along time, and seen how difficult the job is, and I don't see it.
    I don't hate anyone enough to take that chance.

hmansfield, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  18. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Who said I "hated" him. You? I said he's a lightweight... coasting on his academic credentials when he's truly accomplished nothing in the Senate aside from being present 142 days and then announcing he was gonna be our new President. Seriously? LOL . I'll vote for McCain because he has done something in life, not just given pretty speeches.

Dont attribute to prejudice what is easily explained by the facts at hand.

BTW - Like Obama, you dismiss her as "a small town mayor". She's the governor of one of 50 states, and she took the office by beating entrenched political powers, not because the opponent imploded in a sex scandal. Now Obama faces a real test, and he's failing spectacularly due to the fact he didnt have depth to start with. He's up against McCain and is out of his depth. Even a rookie governor is wiping the floor with him. You'd put this lightweight up against Putin? What a laugh. McCain is running for President. You cant run the kid against the VP pick for the other party. Welcome to Reality 101.

Unlike Obama, she didnt get the chance to vote "present" either when she was mayor or now that she is a Governor. Obama wants us to think he's a man of action... but Palin had to make decisions, Obama got to vote "present" instead of putting himself on the line. He hasnt the ability for the big leagues.

You have the agreement of Matt Damon, Whoopi Goldberg, and Joy Behar. Neato. My opinion is shared by more voters last time I checked, regardless of snotty suggestions that it makes us uninformed or or worse. Send the rookie back after he actually DOES something. Nobody cares what his grades were if he implodes in the face of challenge and the only Change he's accomplished pertains to Biden and Hillarys statements that he is unqualified.

19. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Missed votes, 110th Congress:

John McCain: missed votes: 63.8%

Barack Obama: Missed votes: 45.5%.

John McCain, in fact, has the distinction of having the top slot among U.S. Senators for votes missed during the 110th Congress.

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/110/senate/vote-missers/

Population, Alaska: 670,853. Less than the population of my hometown county, sleepy Ventura, California, 799,720. I worked for one of our county supervisors, great job.

northpointaiki, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  20. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    you left out barbara walters. If he can handle them how is he going to handle putin.
    do you think Mcsame should win by deception.
    would you be happy if he did.
    more stuff for you to chew on
    http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/july-dec08/sbcampaign_09-12.html
    and here is the view
    http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/july-dec08/sbcampaign_09-12.html