1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Sarah Palin Thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, Aug 31, 2008.

1. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    It's a valid question, homebiz, and one I don't know the answer to. Even if it were politically correct, now that I understand how he prefaced the statement, I disagree with it.

While it doesn't surprise me there are still people like this, it doesn't surprise me that there are some who are voting from Obama simply because he is "black." These people just happened to be caught on video. It's going to be fodder and it works to the advantage of one side and to the disadvantage of another.

I categorically disagree with any notion that Palin or McCain incites this. That's simply absurd and going beyond the pale to use the racist card for political expediency.

GTech, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  2. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    God. What astounds me is that once again the evil was glossed over. Let me paint it more broadly.

"HE'S A NEGRO/BLACK/EPITHET. THEREFORE, he's already at a deficit. A 'second stringer' deficit is a double deficit."

What's beyond the pale is to toss out others are using the race-card, when they're not. Whether debunked or Mia or Biz or the few others who termed Obama's speech on race "race baiting," when it was categorically the opposite, or here - it ain't race baiting, Wade. The hate I speak of isn't race hate that Palin incites, but it is her continued attempt to portray Obama - the Democratic nominee for the Presidency - as a traitor to his country. That is the hate, it has led to calls for his literal head, and through it all, this ignorant nothing said nothing, to correct the poison she and her running mate had already dumped into the political waterways; and this behavior goes all the way back to the RNC.

That the garbage rises to such a level that John McCain himself has to formally make an attempt, if only for a day, to say, "whoa," at his own rally - well, yes, it's apparent.

And it just doesn't work anymore to try to paint this as some kind of concerted leftist-smear campaign against the "wilting violet" Sarah Palin. The same refrain has been continually attempted since the good many of us who uttered a "WTF?" at Palin's 11th hour shotgun wedding to Palin (daddy was the evangelical right). Yet it has been the voice of many conservative thinkers and writers who have uttered the loudest "WTF" of all. Would David Brooks do, for instance?

Some other voices :

northpointaiki, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  3. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Skip the semantics of the words, it is the attitude that matters. I am sure you are intelligent and mature enough to know the difference.

A good gauge of "political correctness" is...if you are confident enough to say it in the face of someone who can, and will kick your ass, then you probably don't have any bad intentions behind it.
    If you have to look both ways before you say it, then you already know you are wrong and probably lead such a miserable lost existence, and are so warped in the head that using racist terms makes you feel superior and proud of your lack of education and intelligence because you don't know anything else, or any better.

It's not even offensive really, it's sad. I feel sorry for people that live in a world that small where stupidity is celebrated.

hmansfield, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  4. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    If the McCain crowd were such ignorant racist why not show more than a few. I bet many McCain supporters said positive things about Obama, you know like, "he is a great talker."

homebizseo, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  5. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Once again you are so defensive and disassociated with the real world that you missed the entire point.
    The point is that there are people still walking around in this country that are that ignorant.

Nobody is calling McCain supporters racists. I am calling the people in the video sad. Very Sad.

The problems that we are facing are so far beyond petty racism and personal hang ups that it is sad that people will literally shoot themselves in the foot, just to hang on to something that has nothing to do with what is happening.

If you would vote for someone just because they are white, even if it means your demise, then you deserve every hardship that you get as a result of it.
    Racism is not a principle, or a platform, it is hate. Just hate. Every reason that people have for racism is made up in their own mind, and it is usually based on lack of self esteem, guilt, or fear.

Some people just don't feel like they belong anywhere...at least if they are racist, they have a group to belong to, no matter how pathetic it is, but if all you know are other racists then you would never know how stupid you are.

hmansfield, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  6. vccseller

vccseller Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice thread.

I am in a neutral position, in this election.

Dont like john mc cain for his personal character, and dont like obama for his "ideas"

vccseller, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  7. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Sarah Palin has gotten it wrong - AGAIN. Repeating the ridiculously unconstitutional position she earlier made at the Biden-Palin debate:

She repeats the view again. To the question posed by a 3rd Grader, "what does the Vice President do," she responds to the NBC reporter with:

Again, what is so extraordinarily difficult to understand about one of the simplest provisions of the United States Constitution?

Could not at least a few bucks from the $150,000 used to buy new pumps and swell outfits for the hockey mom been used to buy a "New Citizen's Cliff Notes" so she could freaking educate herself on what a single sentence in simple English from the U.S. Constitution actually means? What the tenet "Separation of Powers" has to do with the framework of our country's system?

northpointaiki, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  8. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Palin does not think the people that bomb the health clinics are terrorist.
    she is a mad dog that no lipstick can make look good. even the 150k can't hide her ugliness.

how ugly is sara
    $22000/2wk worth

pizzaman, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  9. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Back to say-> I can't believe we have such immature whiners here that I got a warning on my last post in this thread??? I can't even imagine what in my post was reportable, but hey, I guess you can't expect much more from certain people now can ya? (add the palin accent)

I am left scratching my head that there is a mod that would even agree with the one who complained about that post, but it takes all kinds to make up that box of chocolates my momma always talked about....

debunked, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  10. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Man, do I hear debunked. Wholelottawhinin' goin' on (as you say, debunked, yabetcha' - so the Palin crowd feels at home).

[​IMG]

Now, I don't usually want to make it the centerpiece of a whinin' drama, n' stuff, gettin' the infractions and postin' about gettin' 'em n' stuff, but, hell - I don't also leave gutless anonymous rep comments like:

- ah, well - eachin' their own, I'm guessin.'

northpointaiki, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  11. Xphic

Xphic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Xphic, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  12. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    That's hilarious, Xphic. I've said it many times, Wasilla is the scariest place I've ever been.

Pawn shop....money exchange...bar...pawn shop....wal*mart...pawn shop...gun shop.....Wal*Mart....pawn shop.....titty bar...pawn shop.....and so on. :D

Crazy_Rob, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  13. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dude.... I laughed so hard I got a headache.

The interview with the Wasilla mayor... wow.

That was Sarah Palin 2 years ago.

GeorgeB., Oct 25, 2008 IP
  14. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I found this tucked away on a blogger blog. It is written by Sam Smith :

Undernews is the online report of the Progressive Review, edited by Sam Smith, who has covered Washington under nine presidents and edited alternative journals since 1964. The Review is an online journal and archive of alternative news. It has been on the web since 1995. See main page for full contents

It's nice little article on the history of John and Cindy McCain and where his money came from:
    http://prorev.com/2008/08/mccain-story-media-hasnt-told-you.html

If you look at his financial's, it seems to match up perfectly with his investment portfolio.

hmansfield, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  15. Xphic

Xphic Active Member

Best Answers:
  16. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Palin Gets Punked: Great for those of you who like uncomfortable humor.

She is really just uncomfortably clueless.

Zibblu, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  17. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    she is such a moron. The prospect of her running america one day would be funny if it wasn't so horrifically terrifying.

stOx, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  18. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    hmansfield, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  19. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Man is that funny....and fun! :D :p

Crazy_Rob, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  20. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    She's done, she's burnt. She showed immaturity and couldn't share any kind of humanity. She'll never be president...

Codythebest, Nov 5, 2008 IP