1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Sandbox Myth

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by DigitalHouseNewYork, Feb 15, 2011.

I just want to quickly debunk this whole sandbox myth for those of you who are obsessing over it. I'm not gonna go into facts and figures, screen shots and all that. You can choose to believe it or not. The fact of the matter is that there is allot of misinformation going around to dissuade new webmasters from giving it their best shot. The sandbox is one of them. I recently decided to do a little test of my own. I registered a .info domain for a mildly competition niche with about 60,000 searches monthly. I started banging out unique content, 40 pages within 2 weeks. By the 3'd week my site ranked for the terms in google and hit the first page in yahoo for the exact keywords. I submitted sitemaps, and feed to a handful of places. Other than that I did zero link building. A 3 week old .info on the first page of yahoo and performing well in google within 3 weeks from registration. There is no sandbox. Anyone else had similar experiences? Please share.

DigitalHouseNewYork, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  2. ARTidas

ARTidas Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have not had any link building, how have you indexed the site?
    Have you put a link for the site somewhere (from authority)?
    How many outbound links were from the newly created site?
    Have the domain of the site had any history, old inbound links?
    What was the CTR for the main key term in Google organic?
    Was there any link/marketing campaign on the new site?
    Was there any social media/bookmarking for the new site?

Without these answers, your "test" worth sh*t to disprove the sandbox effect...

Cheers,

ARTidas, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  3. DigitalHouseNewYork

DigitalHouseNewYork Peon

Best Answers:
    Please learn how to read through a post before you start flaming. If you had read correctly you would understand that I submitted a site map and submitted the feed to a couple places. That's how I got indexed. No link building means no link building. You asked me 4 questions about the same thing. A link/marketing campaign would fall under the link building category. Social bookmarking is link building. Putting a link from an authority site is link building. I will repeat it for you...NO LINK BUILDING other than offering my feed to yahoo and a couple other places. It is a brand spanking newly created domain, no old links cause the name was never regd before. If it was a dropped name I would have said so. As far as my ctr, etc, that is irrelevent to the point of the thread. You could have also ascertained all of this info by using your eyes and reading. Offer us something of value and read the thread next time. I'm looking for others who have had similar experience so we can debunk this nonsense once and for all.

4. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I know it's not that big of a deal for low competitive searches.

Wulkanen, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  5. DigitalHouseNewYork

DigitalHouseNewYork Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't exactly say its low competition. Adwords competition is actually pretty high and the search volume is 60,000 local monthly. The niche is in a major industry. The site is almost 3 months old now and consistently earns $10 a day adsense.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  6. mco65

mco65 Member

Best Answers:
    What's our time frame so far? 3 weeks...
    My understanding is the so called 'sandbox' typically hits a new site withing 4-6 weeks. perhaps yours sand box is just around the corner?

I know of sites that skipped over the sand box and know of folks who swear by it... so 1 site will not suffice the naysayers...

mco65, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  7. DigitalHouseNewYork

DigitalHouseNewYork Peon

Best Answers:
    once again please learn to read before you post. The site is over 2 months old now with consistent earnings. As far as the naysayers go, some people just need an excuse for their laziness and lack of skills. Blame it on the sandbox.

8. suichiro

suichiro Peon

Best Answers:
    There is actually no sandbox at all. I do agree that some people just make sandbox as an excuse of their laziness and lack of skills.
    The thing that they usually called sandbox that hits a new site within 4-6 months is just a mere fluctuation due to the incomplete data gathered by SEs resulting to new sites rank high before dropping.

suichiro, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  9. rain21

rain21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yea, true, there is not sandbox. Its just a myth.

rain21, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  10. grasshopper09

grasshopper09 Peon

Best Answers:
    60,000 searches is not a highly competitive niche.

try to open a medicine related web-site, such as dentistry. and then show us your results in 3 months.

grasshopper09, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  11. DigitalHouseNewYork

DigitalHouseNewYork Peon

Best Answers:
    Man I swear people just don't know how to read before posting. This must be the guy who keeps spamming my SEO blog with his dentistry links. I believe I said MILDLY competitive. Mild as in not very but just enough to prove a point. Please read before flaming. And if you were referring to where I stated that adwords competition was high, it is. Search volume and adwords competition don't necessarily have anything to do with each other. There are plenty of terms with x,xxx,xxx searches that are low competition in adwords.

DigitalHouseNewYork, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  12. DanAbbamont

DanAbbamont Guest

Best Answers:
    When most people talk about sandboxing, they talk about the temporary loss of ranking when you get too many low quality links to a new site. It doesn't mean new sites can't rank.

DanAbbamont, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  13. suryaworldedu

suryaworldedu Peon

Best Answers:
    i am totally agree with DigitalHouseNewYork, me to have the same experience like DigitalHouseNewYork, but i just buy the new domain just a week before, and its indexing very well, i had not done any seo activities on it just compeleted the on page, no off page seo had done. its not ranking yet, but its indexing very well by google.

suryaworldedu, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  14. linksgurl

linksgurl Peon

Best Answers:
    I completely agree - I set up an e commerce site about a year ago and it only took me about 4 weeks to start ranking for certain phrases!

linksgurl, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  15. DigitalHouseNewYork

DigitalHouseNewYork Peon

Best Answers:
    Just to update, the site is still doing well and now ranking for just under 50 longtail phrases in google and number 5 on first page yahoo for keyword phrase. Still no link building, one of these days I will get around to that.

DigitalHouseNewYork, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  16. iamnameless

iamnameless Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    LOL... I agree completely, people are so stupid when it comes to this.

What I notice is, people don't want to accept the fact that they haven't really done much work, so they say they are sandboxed.

I have ranked a site in the healthcare niche within 2 weeks. I have another site that is ranking #2 for a keyword getting 400,000 searches a month, after sending out about 75K backlinks.

iamnameless, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  17. techlunatic

techlunatic Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you so much ! Infact when I saw the thread special dedicated to the SANDBOX , I wondered if people are aware that the sandbox was removed from googles dictionary in the update of 2005 . There is no sandbox now , but yes , sites may experience a low SERPS if they engage in blackhat but that can be cured with building a few quality and authority links and submitting the site for inclusion in search results .

techlunatic, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  18. shibli123

shibli123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hi.. can we see the site??

shibli123, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  19. kjebud

kjebud Peon

Best Answers:
    This is an interesting observation. I had a similar experience with a new site of mine...ranked no 1 without any backlinks. But of course, it was for an extremely low competition keyword.

kjebud, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  20. G30SPKI

G30SPKI Peon

Best Answers:
    2 month ago, my site banned by google. But now still live not again banned. I just give quality backlink

G30SPKI, Apr 14, 2011 IP