1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Russian invasion of Ukraine

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by izlik, Mar 25, 2022.

So... the Russian The Russian invasion of Ukraine is a bit crazy.

Russia continues to attack the Ukrainian cities. When the original attempt at lightning-fast occupation failed, Russia had to change its strategy to fire, besiege and take over Ukraine's cities.

They have not succeeded in advancing as planned and Russia has now increased its efforts to force the cities to be subjugated under Russian arms, the British Ministry of Defense estimates.

Some cities have been taken over by Russia, some have barely managed to persevere, and in some places the Russian forces have been pushed back.

information claims that 300 people are feared to have died in the Russian attack on the theater in Mariupol, writes the news agency AFP.

"Eyewitnesses inform us that 300 people died in the theater in Mariupol after the attacks from Russian fighter jets," writes Mariupol's local government on Telegram.

More than 1,000 civilians are said to have hidden in the shelter under the theater. On the ground outside was the text CHILDREN in large letters. Despite this, the theater was bombed on March 16.

Eliot Higgins, founder of the investigative magazine Bellingcat, today shares videos on Twitter that will show the devastation after the bombing of the theater. The films are the first to be released from the attack.

What are your thouhts?

izlik, Mar 25, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    From my position in a wee country surrounded by water at the bottom of the Pacific, I fail to see the point of the entire invasion.

In the olden days, it was about gaining new land for material gain, access to resources etc. Sure the French, Spanish, and the English always seemed to be having a go but it all seems so unnecessary.

With globalisation, if you want something it's simple enough to purchase, a damn sight cheaper than whatever Putin's "bill" is going to be at the end of this - and you have seeded a whole new generation with a ferocious anti-Russian sentiment. It seems like an own goal.

I'm frustrated that the UN hasn't stepped in and got this sorted.

sarahk, Mar 25, 2022 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    When Dementia Joe Biden was elected in November 2020, I made three comments to friends and family:

1. I was pulling out of the stock market because we were likely going to face Jimmy Carter-era stagflation as Biden screwed up the best economy the U.S. had ever had. (Check)

2. If I lived in Ukraine, I would be moving out due to the Biden family having received millions of dollars from Moscow. (Check)

3. If I lived in Taiwan, I would be moving out due to the Biden family having received hundreds of millions dollars from China. (Stay tuned...)

Putin wants the old Soviet Union re-assembled so that he can re-live his days as a cold-blooded KGB operative with dreams of ruling the world. Those were great days for him and his like. It has little to do with economics and all about the real drug that control freaks like him crave: power. Like all leftists, Putin needs more and more power every day to satisfy the craving. The West's control freaks are trying to use the Climate Change hoax to achieve their desperate need for unlimited power. Putin has a much more direct approach, that's all. BTW, the UN has no real power or ability to influence much of anything and never has had any. That was how it was set up and that is how it will always work (actually, NOT work) because that is how the founding countries wanted it after WW II.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
    jrbiz, Mar 26, 2022 IP