1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Rich Jerk: anybody bought it?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by FlashVictim, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, good idea. I would definitely be more likely to believe objective viewpoints if they said that the links are affiliates. But then, if they are going to negatively criticize a product or service in a review, yet be an affiliate of that product or service...it just seems odd. It's like endorsing a product that you don't believe in.

Chopster, Jan 13, 2006 IP
  2. kip

kip Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Correct, the link in my signature you receive a program to basically do a find and replace. So that you may change different content of the websites. But it you just leave them sit they make nothing.

If anyone read the "rich jerk" here is 2 hints to making money with adsense. Purchase a few content filled websites, if you do not buy the one's in my signature, I don't care buy someone else's, but do.

Look at the pages, top keywords in overture, (also found in the rich jerk), now go to your pages, and find ads that are only paying .10 cents, and .15 cents a click, and leave the ones paying $1 and more (basically filter them as competitor ads). Yes this will take some time, but it will be VERY beneficial in the end.

Now when you have visitors click your links your no longer making a few penny's, but a few dollars per click. Now that you have them optimized, find some high paying keywords again, say "lawyers", now go to MIVA.com where you need to deposit $25, the top bid for lawyers i believe is only .21 cents a click. Link to your lawyers content filled article from MIVA with your adsense ads. Now whenever that, .21 cent visitor clicks an add you will benefit more than .21 cents since you removed all of your cheaper ads.

I hope this helps anyone!

kip, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  3. westhaven

westhaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    one of my fren bought it and i also had a look. I can just say no one is perfect but there are few things in the book which is good for beginners.

westhaven, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  4. pairbrother

pairbrother Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    btw how many such sites have u sold?
    what if, say a 100 ppl buy ur sites and google indexes them and penalize all of them for duplicate content? :p

pairbrother, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  5. dsforsaken

dsforsaken Banned

Best Answers:
    the book is good for beginners but nothing new to me lol

dsforsaken, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  6. kip

kip Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We encourage any member to modify the pages in any way they can. Due to this is doesn't seem as much for getting penalized, yes, maybe as in SE Ranking, but not adsense.

kip, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  7. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense Websites you are more annoying than Eric Guire and Webmaster.

For one try to be little more subtle with th self promotion. Cmon if you have a rerally good product it should sell itslef.

But these made for adsense websites DONT WORK

WHY?

CAUSE THE SEARCH ENGINES WON'T INDEX EM'

And if they really did work why would the owner just sell them for 10 bucks and dilute his potential earnings?

he would be too busy making websites man domains domains and making a small fortune.

IamNed, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  8. ewex

ewex Peon

Best Answers:
    adsense_websites,

I own the rich jerk e-book but I did not see anything in there on how to filter out low paying adsense ads from displaying on your websites. I am a little confused, perhaps you can explain how you do this. Let's say I have adsense on a website about sports cars. Then do I go to overture and type in sports cars and see which ads on overture pay very little. Then I take the URLs of the ads from overture that pay very little and filter them out in my adsense account. Is this right? If this right, how do i know that the advertisers on overture are going to be the same advertisers on adsense? Also, how do I know that the advertisers are bidding the same amount on both overture and adsense? Maybe one advertiser is bidding only 5 cents on overture but a dollar on adsense.

Thanks a bunch!

ewex, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  9. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    This is completely incorrect.

The AdWords/AdSense system automatically sorts ads based upon CPM.

Manually attempting to sort based upon CPC will lower both CTR and overall revenue.

This is very bad advice.

Will.Spencer, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  10. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    wow so some of you guys have actually bought the rich jerks book? I think I may buy it... I just wish it was in print I do not like ebooks.

It will give me something to read while traveling ;)

Shoemoney, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  11. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    There are about a million other books I can recommend instead...

Will.Spencer, Jan 15, 2006 IP
  12. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    Well I have read erics book, seobook, joel comm... I always learn something new.

Cant hurt. Do you have a book out Will ?

Shoemoney, Jan 15, 2006 IP
  13. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Not me. I am far too lazy. :eek:

14. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    I even bought i-am-neds book on how to "criticize and critique but never do anything yourself"

15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Nuyk Nyuk Nyuk!

I am not knocking all books. Hell, I was just forced to buy two more 36" x 84" bookshelves to support my habit.

I am just knocking this book.

16. Eric Giguere

Eric Giguere Peon

Best Answers:
    I think most books have a legitimate audience, even if the book seems like common sense to you. Right now I'm reading Getting Things Done by David Allen, and I wouldn't say that there's anything startling in it that you couldn't find elsewhere or even for free on the 'net. But the fact that it's all laid out together in a complete system is what makes it really valuable.

Let's face it, even the Bible is nothing but a compilation of information available elsewhere...! ;)

Eric Giguere, Jan 15, 2006 IP
  17. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Damn

After reading all this I think my new site richseojerk.com might need to sit on the shelves :confused:

On another side note someone mentioned removing low paying clicks by doing research on overture for advertisers paying low clicks.

This might seem good advice but it is not and here is why.

The person who gave it seems to know little about marketing and advertisng... including on Overture or any other PPC engines.

Many marketing departments raise and lower bids daily due to many circumstances.

For instance an ecommerce based website we will call BlueWiget Sales, may make most of their sales for 'blue widget equipment" between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. During this time each day Monday through Friday their bids on over 100 blue widget related keywords is $24.00 per click, as their margin for 1 sale of blue widget equipment is $1,000.00 they can afford to pay this amount.

After 5:00 Pm however BlueWidget Sales has never had an ecommerce sale nor any on the weekends,and so each night at 5:00Pm before going home they lower their bid to 0.10 so as to not waste money on clicks that will not convert, on Friday night they set the bids to 0.10 and they stay there till Monday at 9:00am

You do your research at say 5:40PM Thursday or any time during the weekend,and see BlueWiget Sales has a low pay per click of 0.10 cents and you filter out their ads.

You have just screwed yourself out of at least a few dollars per click based on bad advice found in a forum.

And the more I thought about this it made me think how really bad this advice is as Google is always going to display the highest paying ads due to smart pricing.

Careful of advice...while some seems smart............it's not

Peace

Sem-Advance, Jan 15, 2006 IP
  18. jdv

jdv Peon

Best Answers:
    I've made a little money as an affiliate seller of the richjerk ebook. All I can add is that his sales copy is so alluring, it even made me want to buy it after I had already read the darn thing! Now that's sales copy!

jdv, Jan 15, 2006 IP
  19. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    I never tried the richjerk but I already know how to do affilaite marketing so i have no need to buy the book.

I read from reviews that the rich jerk ebook is only 40 pages and he covers too many topics outside of affiliate marketing.

IamNed, Jan 15, 2006 IP
  20. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    You guys are hardcore on these authors ;)

I keep all these books, even the ebooks - printed, next to my crapper. Its great reading material and a lot of times can stir ideas.

Honestly you guys who think you never need to learn or hear another persons opinion really are missing out. Like Eric's book for example. I do pretty good "making money with google" long before I ever even read his book but I definitely learned some things from it. The biggest was the program called Nvu (free html editor). I use that program all the time now to make forms and cut/paste from it. Its perfect cause its so lightweight and its also free.

So really saying don't buy x persons book cause you can learn more here for free is kind of foolish IMO. I guarantee everyone would benefit from reading each author mentioned book even if its not exactly what they say. You can break down why they are saying what they say or even get ideas disagreeing with what they say.

But in the end you still benefit.