1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Rich Jerk: anybody bought it?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by FlashVictim, Jan 5, 2006.

1. BNix

BNix Peon

Best Answers:
    Rich Jerk make you lots of idea on how to make money on the internet
    It's describe exclusively overview ( I means somes article in the books are secrets and good info , but somes he described basically. You need to have another basics ).

The books only 47 pages (Exactly 44 Pages without cover and some useless page) but the text is small and some worthful.

Examples tips is how to write adwords ads to make high CTR
    this is 1 of his examples (I can't remember , this is overview)

Don't Join any get rich quick !!!
    untill you visit this site and read this article
    scams revealed

instead of

Get rich Quick !!
    Make $xxxx/day with this
    Best program on the net

Another , he suggest when you create some products
    You can make 200% refund satisfaction guarantee on 60 days after bought
    because 99% of customer will never refund if your products don't sucks. and forgot the guarantee after 60 days (or 45 days)

And the 1% with mostly refund many products before , many of them will be banned by Clickbank cause of they refund many products before

In my opinion , It's one of the good book but not worth enough $49. (I don't buy it but get it from somewhere)

BNix, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  2. YoungSmeagol

YoungSmeagol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you look at the rich jerk's own sites:
    CreditProvide.com
    Online-Gambling-Strategy.com
    Foreign-Pharmacies-Online.com

They are all in very high paying markets but none of them really use his own sales technique to any great extent.

With
    Online-Gambling-Strategy.com/warning.html

He uses the technique only to namesqueeze people into his mailing list so I don't know what copywrite he is using in the mailing list.

Basically they are all in spammy industries so any have decent information is like gold to visitors and even if his conversion rates are horrible he still gets $100s and maybe even thousands of dollars for each sale.

He doesn't have to get good conversion rates when you get such high commissions

YoungSmeagol, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  3. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Smeagol

One of the reasons he wrote the ebook was to 'push' people to his websites. In fact it is probably the sole reason she wrote the e-book.

More than likely the success of the arrogance and claiming to be rich when not exploded and the 'push marketing' of the websites was dropped, and the viral marketing of RJ was begun and focused 100%.

This would explain lack of Google PR on interior pages as well as the overall blandness of the RJ sites in general.

Compare RJ site to the push marketed sites and you'll see a large discrpeancy in design.

Just a few observations.

The fisherman never screams "Bad smelly stinky fish for sale!!"

Sem-Advance, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  4. YoungSmeagol

Best Answers:
    Kelly Felix (a man not a woman) is a millionaire.

No one can deny that. The book just doesn't tell you the steps he took to get there.

The real reason why the book was so successful was because of the sales letter and affiliates all over the internet selling the book.

5. wwwbug

wwwbug Peon

Best Answers:
    Few ebooks are good,be carefully to choice

wwwbug, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  6. YoungSmeagol

Best Answers:
    I think the book was good. You just have to read between the lines. Do what he does not what he says. Promote products that pay a high commission, have a high conversion rate and make sure the other sites around you are all spammy so that any free information you give out is like gold to your visitors.

7. pkchukiss

pkchukiss Peon

Best Answers:
    Indeed we have to be careful of which e-books to invest on. I have some friends who are writing e-books on a subject they have only recently acquired knowledge on - not that I frown on their enterprising spirit, but it probably would pay to establish themselves first before writing a book.

pkchukiss, Apr 7, 2006 IP
  8. YoungSmeagol

Best Answers:
    Too be honest with you I think it's better to just start. Maybe they do need more experience but they're books are probably better than the old crap that's on amazon. Just search for Affiliate on Amazon and you will find some truely worthless books.

That's why you've got a good portion of people on the internet that really like the the rich jerk, because there is so much trash out there that makes the book really look good.

YoungSmeagol, Apr 7, 2006 IP
  9. yorije

yorije Peon

Best Answers:
    what forum is imo? What other forums are related to google?

yorije, Apr 30, 2007 IP
  10. Lynn Fairchild

Lynn Fairchild Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't say one way or the other if the Rich Jerk's e-book is worth purchasing. But as someone who's a raw beginner and very green in the area of Internet marketing and things like Adsense (GREEN as in I've yet to build my first website) please take what I have to say with a very large grain of salt:

We all know the value of stickies in a discussion forum. Stickies are great, they provide a ton of useful information to the newbie. I've been to several web development discussion forums on the 'net and I haven't seen any stickies that help the beginner get up to speed. Not one. So in that regard the Rich Jerk's book might, just might, be worth considering.

I haven't seen the Rich Jerk's e-book, but if I do purchase it I would hope that it's a little "sticky-like" in nature or crafted in the mold of an "Internet Marketing for Dummies" type of presentation for those of us starting out at rock bottom. One reason I would have high hopes for that is because life is short, too short, and the "student" out there wants to hit the road running. With that in mind, getting up to speed as fast as possible is important to alot of people who are juggling things like school and/or working 9 to 5. People who don't have alot of time to waste.

As I mentioned earlier, I have no concrete opinion of his book. The Rich Jerk's book may not be a worthy tutorial and then again it might be worthy. You might buy it and later find that he wrote it to push people to his website. Maybe you find that it's just a catalog of affiliate links he's trying to push on you. If it's full of fluff, doubletalk, vague content, marketing BS and nonsense that bogs you down like quicksand, the newbie should know that he does offer a 45 day money back guarantee.

Just remember to pay with your credit card as opposed to check or money order or else you might have a hard time getting your money back. Last of all, a well placed sticky on the subject of Internet marketing 101 would be appreciated by many of us who are starting out at ground zero.

Lynn Fairchild, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  11. mjereb2

mjereb2 Peon

Best Answers:
    The whole point of Rich Jerk is in this thread's first post:

First you read his site:
    http://www.therichjerk.com

And then you buy the book. Why? URGE! And if you ain't stupid you discover that all techniques described in the book are actually used on his site!!! And this is why he got rich at the first place!
    - this is why this e-book is unique. Buy it and read it as many times as needed to understand the point of it! The philosophy is what made him rich and what can make you rich too. Still my #1 e-book.

He shows you have to make a website like his, how to make a killer newsletter! But most of the readers don't get it.

mjereb2, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  12. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    There isn't a damn thing I can learn from the creator of Foreign-Pharmacies-Online.com.

Damn, what a lame site.

Lexiseek, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  13. gerer

gerer Peon

Best Answers:
    another adsense e-book

gerer, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  14. lajocar

lajocar Banned

Best Answers:
    I won't buy that book. Too much info available

lajocar, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  15. vickyiori

vickyiori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Never baught that ebook, but was worth reading it few years back!

vickyiori, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  16. itsonlychand786

itsonlychand786 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think if you buy this richjerk, you will be next richjerk (Lieing and selling e-books) ;)

itsonlychand786, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  17. Divisive Cottonwood

Divisive Cottonwood Peon

Best Answers:
    If the website is anything to go by I think I'll give it a miss

Divisive Cottonwood, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  18. bangalore

bangalore Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are lucky and smart enough, you have all the info needed for making money.

bangalore, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  19. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    I've read it and it's only good for beginners.
    Gives a rundown of the different methods for making money online.

Chopster, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  20. lamelime

lamelime Peon

Best Answers:
    I dunno, i think e-books are good for some topics, but others they are not so much. Digitalpoint usually has most of almost anything you are looking to learn.

lamelime, Apr 22, 2008 IP