1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback The reason why i don"t visit Digitalpoint any more

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by cuni18, May 14, 2013.

I guess owners won"t agree with me , but I have desire to spread my experience with new design and rules.

I am member of this forum for 6-7 years and visited it regularly on daily basis, i sold many sites and had many +itraders without any bad experience from users.

After redesign i need to like buy premium account ( which i won"T) or contribute to forum by posting something useful, to make threads in most active categories etc. so my account got limited after which i stopped visiting digitalpoint few months ago and i think you lost many valuable members like me because of this new rules in which everyone ( new and 6 years old members with 20- 50+itraders are the same according to you)
    If i didn"t contribute to this forum in last few years like many other users like me that are frustrated about this, then i don"t need even account at this forum.
    Nicely done !

But i guess everyone is looking for profit nowadays...

My honest 2 cents :=)

cuni18, May 14, 2013 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What constitutes a "valuable" member?

TBH I think they lost a whole lot of spammers and scammers as well, i suppose the changes were made for the benefit of the forum as a whole not to please individual members, some members have embraced it, some just can't seem to get to grips with it for whatever reason so just rebel against it.

malky66, May 14, 2013 IP
    sarahk and ryan_uk like this.
  3. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In my case, the changes you describe made me visit DP even more often. The amount of spam has been significantly reduced.

Devtard, May 14, 2013 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @cuni18
    In business when things don't go your way, do you just throw in the towel without a fight? In business as in life, we need to learn to adapt and evolve. Things don't always go the way we plan.
    You ought to instead go about getting established, and thereby keep all the contacts you've made on DP.
    (just my honest 2 cents)

Spoiltdiva, May 14, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 and Devtard like this.
  5. Avener

Avener Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really like the new design.
    It's easy to browse, looks clean and has some useful mouse-over functions here and there.

Avener, May 14, 2013 IP
  6. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, you been a member for about 7 years and don't have 1 like? This why you upset?

Would you rather DP go back to the old forum software, low quality posters, scammers and other crap that went on for years because of vBulletin software sucking so bad?

The new DP is outstanding and i'm sure helps the moderators out (the active ones) in not having to mod as much because spammers just don't bother replying or can't even register.

snakeair, May 14, 2013 IP
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't use it (you wrote: "why I don't visit Digitalpoint any more"), how can you have real experience?

What's wrong with that? You need to get three likes, big deal. It's free and takes so little effort (some new people get it in one post with great like bait). You could sell sites on eBay, Flippa, etc, and pay commission. The same with real life auctions. Or if you want to hire someone, you pay an agency to find an individual with the skills, or pay to post an advert somewhere. So, on DP, you can do it for free, but need to get three likes. Yes, so hard and challenging to do.

How were you a valuable member? What did you give to the forum? DP makes nothing out of BST (except gains problems). You want to be selfish and take-take-take, but not give anything back? Well, as you now can't use BST and can't manage to get three pathetic likes the system is working as designed. Goodbye and don't forget to pick up your toys and dummy on the way out.

[​IMG]

ryan_uk, May 14, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 and Devtard like this.
  8. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't visit Digital Point anymore, there's no logic in posting new threads, even threads like this one. Don't like it- learn to live with the rules or leave the place, no one will bag you to stay.. Maybe you think, that someone will say: ''Please stay you are a valuable member for six years'' but if you add some truth and sentence will look like this: ''Please stay you are a valuable member for six years and you still have no likes and you think you are valuable'' DP will live without you anytime, so beat it....

VukasinI, May 14, 2013 IP
    Devtard likes this.
  9. jasilyne

jasilyne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    If 100 members will be trouble free with scammers and spammers by this rule is better than missing a valuable member by the same rule.

jasilyne, May 15, 2013 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I disagree there, "exit interviews" are really useful and can give vital feedback.

sarahk, May 15, 2013 IP
  11. maverickk3

maverickk3 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Cuni , just try to say , if i understood right , that he didnt liked the fact that the old hard work become 50% useless ,for example :A sign that a member had with 100 positive itraders in his badge and zero bad -negative itraders , its not well mentioned in our badge -avatar.A single user must click 50 times to see the legacy itrader.
    And also is not easy for someone to get some likes in order to post , i have several emails and pms from old people here begging me to like their threads.(that is not good because ,users here dont click the like button easily )
    I had some trouble too with new design , but i must admit that its better and more reliable.We are in 2013 its a must a new design and a better software , vbulletin was just an overhead!

maverickk3, May 16, 2013 IP
  12. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I disagree I gave out a like only 5 minutes ago, yesterday I received a like.

Spoiltdiva, May 16, 2013 IP
  13. Auxi

Auxi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe the secret of Likes gaining is in spell of avatar picture :p

Auxi, May 16, 2013 IP
  14. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Tell that to my friend who has gotten 15-20 likes in the last month, he has no avatar at all.;)

15. maverickk3

maverickk3 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Spoiltdiva , many webmasters here dont have time to write posts generally with a nice way like you ,i am seeing lot of posts from you that are well written in a way to attract likes :) and of course cant speak English fluently (i have the same problem :) .)Many people here are making just business , selling websites, services,domains.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
    maverickk3, May 16, 2013 IP
  16. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I as a rule log on 3 to 4 times a day for between 5 to 10 minutes a pop. So I only spend on average 20 to 40 minutes a day on here, unless I'm doing a bit of business.
    By the way, English is *not* my 1st language.;)

17. xXxpert

xXxpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Rules are made for good. Everyone wants to throw empty bottle of bear on the road! theses rules helps making city clean. Its hard to follow rules but not impossible. i was also not happy after upgrade but i did not stop coming here, i just started posting threads that comes up as unique and posting replys that help others. now i am an active member :)

xXxpert, May 16, 2013 IP