1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. proxified

proxified Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    while going through my awstats for one of the proxies today i found that i had 882 visits this month from http://w2.hidemyass.com/index.php

but there's no linkback there to my proxy, i wonder how did that happen

had anyone of you been into a similar phase or anyone know what actually is it :eek:

proxified, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  2. Guthix121

Guthix121 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea :) Now can you please rate the actual proxified pages?

It might be the Link Anonymizer - http://www.hidemyass.com/link-anonymizer/

Guthix121, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  3. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that URL is associated with the hidemyass.com web proxy. I'm pretty sure it's to do with people/programs/bots chaining other web proxies together to increase potential privacy. Or maybe a search engine spider has just followed a link somewhere and decided to crawl the internet through your proxy site.

venturefox, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  4. meep99

meep99 Peon

Best Answers:
    meep99, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  5. Acejam

Acejam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey guys,

I've been reading this thread for quite some time, and finally decided that I would start joining in on the discussion.

Does anyone promote email/zip submits with their proxies? I've got an account @ affiliate.com, and I've changed all of my banners to various email submits. I currently have a network of 89 different proxy sites.

I figure it takes me 1,000 impressions to make 8 cents, but only 1 email submit to make $1.50! I'm going to try it out for a few days and see how it pans out.

Also, what CPM networks is everyone currently using? I have Adsense setup on my homepage only.

For my proxified pages, I'm using Canep Media and Global Interactive. Any other suggestions? Canep is giving me about $0.08 CPM and Global is at about $0.02 CPM currently.

I've done some intense promotion over the last few weeks, and yesterday I had over 6500 UV. I'm looking to take advantage of this with some high paying CPM networks. :D

Acejam, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  6. MikeTrike

MikeTrike Banned

Best Answers:
    This might be one of the longest threads in the history of forums. But none-the-less, how exactly do you all profit from your proxies? I had one that had over 1k uniques a day, but adsense wasn't adding up and the site was costing more to run than I was earning from it.

MikeTrike, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  7. meep99

meep99 Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried placing banners leading to email submits etc on my network, but not a single conversion. I am testing something which forces uses to enter their email / complete a "survey/offer" before they can use the proxy. In theory it should be amazing but when it comes down to it, the affiliate programs shave your leads something shocking. So you might only get paid for 1 out of every 10 emails submitted - not cool.

meep99, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  8. meep99

meep99 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should post up some more information about your setup first. What did you actually earn, and what did it actually cost to run? Did you filter out the "bad" traffic? (Iran china ... ...)

meep99, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  9. Guthix121

Best Answers:
    Wow, I have to say I'm personally very impressed in my earnings now.

I added two link units onto my proxies (one of them thanks to rome9t9 :)) and I am already getting a few clicks on them. Yesterday, I was happy that I was making $3/day, today my earnings in Adsense jumped to $6. I've earned more in Adsense these last two weeks than I have in the four months I have been with them.

Part of it is also due to me adding some ads to my ad network, which is getting less clicks but better CPC.

And then I am doing much better in Global Interactive since I am now putting two banners on my proxy pages instead of one. I got $3 out of that today.

I'm still waiting for CANEP to help me out. I heard they were very good in CPM, but their ads are causing me problems and their support is horrible.

------------------

I just have to say that thanks to this thread and an eBook that I bought, I stumbled into the world of proxies, which is a very very rewarding experience. I still run on a Shared plan (works well for me), and plan to until I outgrow the Plan 2 on my host. After that, I will be buying a VPS from WDServers.com.

Thanks everyone :)

10. Acejam

Acejam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you running these link units on the proxified pages? Or just your homepage?

If they're on the proxified pages, I highly suggest removing them. Google will find them regardless of how you have your robots.txt setup and will ban you faster than you can say "sorry".

Acejam, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  11. blowingideas

blowingideas Peon

Best Answers:
    to those who are using pop-ups on their site.. what pay-per-click program or affiliate are you using on the pop-ups?

blowingideas, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  12. proxywhereabouts

proxywhereabouts Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Adversal's, adbrite's, paypopups, popunder.ru.

Adversal for me is the best.

proxywhereabouts, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  13. TonyW

TonyW Peon

Best Answers:
    The only thing I can add(maybe someone else has but I didn't read the whole post) is if youre new to the proxy thing make sure make sure you have the robots.txt setup right. I didn't realize I was missing it on one of the proxies in my network and google decided to index through my proxy. I didn't catch it till someone who owned a site that was indexed this way sent me a not so nice email. I had google dump the site within a day or so. I felt bad but it was my mistake. I believe that site came out ok within a week or so.

TonyW, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  14. JustAStranger

JustAStranger Guest

Best Answers:
    Use 1/10 ips in Cloakfish, they can be used for as good as everything from my experience.
    Rarely ever detected as proxy

JustAStranger, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  15. blowingideas

blowingideas Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. It should also be ok to have them on proxified page?

blowingideas, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  16. proxywhereabouts

proxywhereabouts Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's the whole point of using it. ;)
    I earn from Adversal $15 so far in February from only 2 not much promoted proxies. :)

proxywhereabouts, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  17. Guthix121

Best Answers:
    Well obviously I don't use Adsense on proxified pages, I am well aware of their rules ;) BTW, my Adsense earnings for the day are now $7.79 and my Global Interactive earnings are 3.91 :D

18. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes.But i would not recommend that other than putting at home page only.
    This is due to user will get annoy by the pop up and thus will leave and use other proxy.

mentos, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  19. strat

strat Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is Adversal easy to get a account with??

strat, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  20. Korrupt

Korrupt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how many inpagepage/popups did you limit it to? and which channel did you use for them?
    nah, It's pretty difficult, you need to have a good amount of traffic and atleast 50% US/UK traffic.

Korrupt, Feb 18, 2009 IP