1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Korrupt

Korrupt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks for noticing :D
    fixed it in a jiffy

Korrupt, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  2. Browning

Browning Banned

Best Answers:
  3. jeremynet

jeremynet Active Member

Best Answers:
    if these 2 compare with wdservers VPS,
    which one is better?

jeremynet, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  4. Meph

Meph Peon

Best Answers:
    Wdservers is run by only 1 guy who has tons of servers for different clients. He's a very busy person, don't expect good support from him. I would personally prefer MonsterProx as their servers are very well optimized for proxies such that no spam mail can be sent in your proxies if your hosted with them as they automatically block spam mails from being sent thus saving you on unnecessary BW wastage and prevents you from getting any spam complains which proxies tend to receive.

Aside from their solid uptime, fast speeds and no overselling, their support staff is very friendly. Thats what I loved about Monsterprox :D

One more thing I feel should be taken note of when it comes to looking for a good proxy host is no overselling. Many hosts these days including those large host like hostgator, hagio host etc all oversell their BW hosting packages like crazy. Those are the kind of hosts you would want to steer clear from if you dont wanna see your sites suddenly getting suspended one day even when you use only less than 1/4 of the allocated BW given to you.

The only 2 proxy hosts I found to be reliable so far that do not oversell is like what nyunyu mentioned, monsterprox and techentrance.

Meph, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  5. jeremynet

jeremynet Active Member

Best Answers:
    meph,

are you monsterprox user or support team?
    I've been using wdservers for quite a long time and the support is really good.
    About the spamming, this one I don't realized about it.

Anyone using monsterprox hosting? the 24.95/m one?
    I am looking for get this package from monsterprox if I got a nice review.

jeremynet, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  6. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:

Your Absolutly right.and you have to be carefull who buy from or else you will just have to move server again. I bought a VPS at Hivelocity and the bandwidth was like 30 KB/sec. WHAT the hell man? You can' stream a youtube video to 1 person from that. I realized that and I cancelled it. but ya I already have a dedicated server with wdservers.. but the the VPS was just kind of like another server I wanted to have but but 30kp/sec.. no way I'm paying $50 a month for some chocked bandwidth pipe like that. They are idiots overselling there bandwidth.

Dollar, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  7. Meph

Meph Peon

Best Answers:
    Jeremy, I am a happy user of Monsterprox. I took on their free hosting plan awhile back, what I can say is they are the best I have tried so far.

I tried wdservers before as well, got some downtime at times and that guy has got some attitude which kinda pissed me off.

Meph, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  8. Panzer

Panzer Active Member

Best Answers:
    TMZ Hosting are fast, up all the time for me and ive had problems with them so far.

Panzer, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  9. rachid-adsense

rachid-adsense Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you for this great article

rachid-adsense, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  10. goldmon

goldmon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have 25 proxyes for sell...+1 info domain as bonus..anyone interested let me know..

goldmon, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  11. tripad

tripad Peon

Best Answers:
    Even i am looking for a VPS host with 512 MB RAM and 1024 Burst! and non oversold sh*T! ..... am kinda confused actually between a dedicated and a VPS!..........

tripad, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  12. Meph

Meph Peon

Best Answers:
    A dedicated server means the whole server is totally yours for you to use. A VPS is something quite similar to shared hosting. Take this for example, 1 dedicated server may host 500 clients and normally these plans are displayed with huge overselling. A VPS on the other hand would be like say 5-10 people hosting on the same server. With less clients on a dedicated server, they can use much more resources as compared to shared hosting. There you go :)

Then again there are companies that oversell VPS packages as well. Needless to say, dedicated servers would definitely be more expensive than VPS.

Meph, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  13. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What company you would recommend for a VPS?

kush86, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  14. mori

mori Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm also looking for that but i want a vps. Detected is to expensive right now. so if any one have a good suggestion please post it. I prefer a host that haves some experience in in proxy hosting and easy to use I'm not a lunix geek;)

mori, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  15. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google really dislike them, having too much traffic from proxy.org can get you banned.

Whitey, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  16. tripad

tripad Peon

Best Answers:
    Even COST factor is was is keeping me back from dedicated..... :-(
    Not actually sure if it will be profitable or not ! Still i am willing to take a chance

tripad, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  17. C a s p e r

C a s p e r Peon

Best Answers:
    You do know if you sign up for a reseller account at burst.net you can get some dedicated servers in the range of 60usd which is far better then a vps.

I would not even think of running a proxy on this. With all the concurrent connections your proxy would lag too much and never grow as people would move on to another site then wait for you to sort out your server issues. If you are to take this business serious then invest a little and get a good server that can handle a good volume of people that way it has room to grow right away then later upgrade dedicated servers.

C a s p e r, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  18. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's just those free listings.
    Hopefully not enough traffic for a ban. :D

lightless, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  19. champ_rock

champ_rock Peon

Best Answers:
    actually, I have two VPSes with wdservers right now and am planning to shift to a dedicated by wdservers as my proxies are growing and the Vpses are not able to handle the load.

But the 200$ server is still a bit out of my budget. So, I was wondering if anyone can share the hosting costs with me and we can both host our proxies together ?

champ_rock, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  20. tharun518

tharun518 Banned

Best Answers:
    Something may be wrong.

tharun518, Sep 18, 2008 IP