1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Yevgeny

Yevgeny Peon

Best Answers:
    what are the adv / difference if use .info as compared to a .com?

Yevgeny, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  2. mmikeyy

mmikeyy Peon

Best Answers:
    Advantage is, .info are a lot cheaper :p

mmikeyy, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  3. tripad

tripad Peon

Best Answers:
    but .info is not listed on google ... and certainly .com is much better ... if u want to take it as an investment!

for NAMECHEAP u will a SSL also ... or 1and1 if u JUST SEEKING CHEAPER RATE... 1and1 is lame .. slow .. support SUCKS big time!

tripad, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  4. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Tri, what do you mean .info is not listed on Google?

My last proxy site before i sold it was a .info which i had been running for just over a year it was receiving over 50% of its traffic straight from Google. It now ranks in the top 80 for proxy sites.

willyboy104, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  5. murrc2

murrc2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    as seen in my article .com rank better in search engines. But yes .info are to in search engines

murrc2, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  6. Meph

Meph Peon

Best Answers:
    Google sees .info as a spammy domain extension, there was once this year when Google de-indexed all .info domains for a period of about 3-5 hours before they put them back. No one knows for sure whether does .com have a much higher value when it comes to ranking in the SERPs as compared to .info domains but base on observation and on some views of SEO experts, it has a possibility that .info domains may not do very well in future in Google SERPs. Again I must say though that .com .net .org all have the same value when it comes to ranking, none is higher than another.

Using a .info is definitely much cheaper. But bear in mind not all students heard of .info as compared to .com. If you get a .info domain and put a proxy on it, you run the risk of having someone register the .com and place another proxy on it. You know what happens after that..

Meph, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  7. tripad

tripad Peon

Best Answers:
    Oops ... i just ment u wont get a good rank....OMG beer has its toll also :p .....

My suggestion : If you starting ... get a .com FIRST ... then make .info .net watever .... but i always think .com good to give a head start!

tripad, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  8. thefreebielife

thefreebielife Peon

Best Answers:
    .info seems to get deindexed more times then .com's i've noticed

thefreebielife, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  9. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    .info look unprofessional
    .com more easy to remember

mentos, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  10. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    I realise many people think the extension does matter and it does to some extent however considering .info are 3 times cheaper and great to use for proxy sites you may as well just stick with those.

My last proxy network they were all .info domains and one of my sites was ranked in the top 10 for some highly searched keywords, it was receiving over 1,000 views a day just from search engines and that was a .info

willyboy104, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  11. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    Come on, you can spend $5 more now :) I will highly advice to go with .com over .info

poseidon, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  12. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Info domains also do poorer with revenue. I bought 6 .com and 6 .info around the same time last month.
    I submitted them to the same places and let them free in the wild. The .com's made $80 and the .info domains made $8 or so by the end of the month with Adsense. The infos had many less impressions then the .com but both were advertised in the same places. I do not know what they made with cpm as I dont track those with channels.
    However the .com's costed nearly $50 to purchase and the info's where around $12.

Dollar, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  13. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    I ve used both .com's and .info's in the past and in my opinion i can do just as well with a .info so i'll stick with them.

Its up to you though which one you decide to choose in the end (speaking out loud here, not directed at anyone). If you would rather pay $5 more for a .com then fair enough.

I doubt that was to do with them being .info's dollar sorry just highly doubt that you would of received less income just because the domain extension was different.

14. tripad

tripad Peon

Best Answers:
    Even i agree on this ! .... The main revenue is i guess from TopSites and groups so extn. hardly matters ! ...
    Getting a LOYAL pool of users to your network is what generates the max income

I dont understand why people buy something like :
    T50.info 40a.info or any stupid name ! ...

earn jus 10-12 $ and throw it away! .... rather taking a domain name as an investment and buy a name that can be easily remembered by people !and looks btter!

BTW if someone is buying a .com ... NAMECHEAP is having FREE SSL and cheaper rate also (use SUMMERENDS coupon)

tripad, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  15. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    Just to mention to everyone, my proxy eBook is availble to download for free. I did write this a couple of months ago and its already been promoted once before but obviously with September drawing in and schools opening soon and the vast majority of newcomers to the proxy scene i want to again promote it for these beginners. It is free so don't worry and i ve had some very strong positive feedback you can visit the thread where i am promoting it for free here

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=995249

16. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is the idea. Myself preferable I don't feel need to sit in the domain registratar and think of several domains, I make them use colors and I pick some other word like "shoe". So you could have
    blackshoes.com
    yellowshoes.com
    blueshoes.com
    Register about 6 or 8 of them and I'm done. I'm sure those that regisert 5a4.info are just feeling the same, they just want to get the domains fast and not think to hard about it afterall they just get blocked anyways.

Dollar, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  17. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am a .com'er usually when proxies are concerned. Recently have gotten some .info for testing.

lightless, Aug 24, 2008 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  18. thefreebielife

thefreebielife Peon

Best Answers:
    Because eventually they will get blocked by too many schools and theyll get tired of changing their IP

thefreebielife, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  19. tripad

tripad Peon

Best Answers:
    Eventually ALL proxies get banned! ....

So rather why not buy something sensible !

tripad, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  20. fletd09

fletd09 Peon

Best Answers:
    if you buy 20 domains your better to get .infos

fletd09, Aug 25, 2008 IP