1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Korrupt

Korrupt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    damn...i got clickbombed
    Emailed adsense about it, I hope I don't get banned

Korrupt, May 22, 2008 IP
  2. shawnpm

shawnpm Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys...making $$ on proxies isn't that difficult if you just take the time to read. I doubt we need more resources, more crappy ebooks, etc. Just read what's already been posted & the answers are all there.

I started doing proxies less than two months ago using what I already knew about marketing, linking & promoting, read this thread up to about page 300 and went to work. My networks are still babes but damn...the traffic comes so easily compared to other ventures.

If you want some overly simplistic advice, all you have to do is watch your traffic, watch your stats, tweak and repeat. I started with 20 proxies and 10 templates. Did paid links on some, free links on others...all the usual stuff and watched the stats. I had a proxy getting 20k impressions a day with adsense and 15 clicks. Honed in on the template that was working and installed hotlinking code. That same proxy now gets 300 impressions a day with 30 clicks. I toasted all but two of the templates, cut my bandwidth by 40% and doubled my income. Some of my proxies make $8 a day, some make 8 cents. Hell, some of them might as well not have ads LOL!

shawnpm, May 22, 2008 IP
  3. z613

z613 Peon

Best Answers:

HOLY SH!T! Is it me or does http://www.proxy.biz/ have a strikingly similiar 'look and feel' to my site http://theproxydiscussion.com? WTF :confused:

And Proxy authority???????????? C'MON!!!!!! WTF.

z613, May 22, 2008 IP
  4. IProx

IProx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dream on. The first sentence of the first paragraph has so many errors, it makes my eyes hurt.

You should seriously take a long hard look at the stuff you type in before you claim to have this prestigious website and then spam this thread to death with cries for help.

It's funny, its all wordpress. I freaked out too, as I have been working on proxy-faq.com and I am thinking I need to stay away from these wordpress designs.

IProx, May 22, 2008 IP
  5. lanmonkey

lanmonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Arrrrr right... so we are saying your site sux not because it actually does suck ass but because we are all poor and jealous of your grand achievement?

You know maybe, just maybe, your site REALLY FUCKING SUCKS and people see you getting your ass flamed so bad on here that you’ll be shitting charcoal for a year, and they want nothing to do with you?

Pull your head from out of your arse fucktard. You’re really not making many friends.

lanmonkey, May 23, 2008 IP
  6. ronmac

ronmac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Again - people want us to put original stuff in yet people dont want to let their "secrets" out on tips - dam how do i do both :)

like i said the site is not finished yet - oh just to repeat the site is not up yet.

"I will change the titles for both of you to proxy.biz - a site thats trying to get rankings but should not put any professional titles untill at least 5 years old" :p

I am sorry a couple of you feel hostile to the site, i dont know why - you run yours sites and i will run mine.
    thanks and its end uf discussion from my end as i dont want the thread closed after 320 days by the mod because its gone off topic.

ronmac, May 23, 2008 IP
  7. lanmonkey

lanmonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well heres an idea: You setup a network of successful proxy sites, run it for a couple of years, deal with all the daily problems that a busy proxy network throws at you, then you can write with authority about how you did it and all your content will be original.

Surely you’re not naive enough to think that people would type out and send you content for free? The majority of people aren’t that stupid.

You sound like another dumb kid trying to milk the proxy scene, result being it's devalued that little bit more.

8. newzone

newzone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    bad things happen... when i started making my first proxy the market was decent ( or was only my impression) now is not, this makes me sad , is about spamming , so much spam in the proxy business :( , anyone is trying to advertise 100 times a day or more his proxy and so on , if someone wants a lot of traffic to build his own group not spam every 5 minutes other groups.

If one will spam , i will spam too ? isn't normal ? why other can and i can't ? so should we spam all ? the best spammer to win ? :eek:

[​IMG]

newzone, May 23, 2008 IP
  9. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    Lan, does your proxy works for Bebo (in signature?), if it does than please submit to my Bebo Proxy list here by filling this form and select Bebo. :) I will immediately approve it and you too will get nice free traffic.

poseidon, May 23, 2008 IP
  10. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    Some 2 years back, I used to own couple of proxies and though I never bothered about them, I was somehow getting $1/click. Must be some security related word. But with all this crack down on proxies have certainly taken the shine out of proxy business.

poseidon, May 23, 2008 IP
  11. lanmonkey

lanmonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    so much spam? what gives you that impression.

12. newzone

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    the picture from the post above , is the same proxy sent to the users every 10 minutes :eek: , and all day like this, this is a record :)

I'm not really sad because is also funny but is not good, in long term only the moderated proxy groups will win , people will run from this groups , who wants to receive 100 -200 spam mails in few hours with the same site ? the proxy probably was blocked long time ago ,should be history now

newzone, May 23, 2008 IP
  13. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Me too, when I started the market was decent. I think its becuase of this thread. I hope a mod here deletes this thread. :)

Dollar, May 23, 2008 IP
  14. Jezz

Jezz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Possibly because there are Autopost programs that make it easy to do this.
    Oops... I'm probably slightly guilty of this as well :eek:

I posted my proxies for about a week about 3 or 4 times a day.
    Only because it was the first time I'd seen these groups and that sort of spamming was already happening.
    (I figured this must be how it's done) lol

Anyhow no excuses, I won't do this again. Only one post in each when I have a new proxy.

Jezz, May 23, 2008 IP
  15. lanmonkey

lanmonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    thats not a bad idea ;)

16. newzone

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    3-4 times , 10 times a day is not a problem i think , if you work more you can post it every hour , but every 10 minutes is too much :) my opinion

newzone, May 23, 2008 IP
  17. Jezz

Jezz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt anyone would be getting an email sent for every post, because of this problem. But really just one post should be enough!

The only thing is, if you just post once nobody will see it because there will soon
    be a hundred post on top of it from the same user :rolleyes:

I would say that the moderated groups would have people subscribed to recieve
    emails though.

Jezz, May 23, 2008 IP
  18. thefreebielife

thefreebielife Peon

Best Answers:
    Id still have to say if you market correctly the biz is more then successful. I get $10-$20/day on mine on adsense (not counting affiliate sales, etc).

thefreebielife, May 23, 2008 IP
  19. ronmac

ronmac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are looking for a topsite with no registration goto www.unblock.us ( only established

If you looking for free submission of topsite please try Proxy.biz - we are spending $10k over the next couple of months advertising it.
    thanks

ronmac, May 23, 2008 IP
  20. lanmonkey

lanmonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    $10,000 USD? advertising a topsite?