1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. logylaps

logylaps Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest aiming for a consistent model that you can repeat as much as you want to earn * amount from each site.

Highly doubtful. A proxy may get banned at a certain school or something, but it will take a LONG time for it to be banned on a large scale.

I would place all sites on the same ip, but if the ip gets banned then move all to a different ip.

http://proxytoolbox.com/scripts.php - I think there is a script i missed, but I will have to get back to it later.

I would recommend submitting to proxy.org and leaving it alone. If you are going to pay to promote it, buy a highlighted or tier two or top 10 listing from proxy.org .

logylaps, Dec 11, 2007 IP
    streety likes this.
  2. kingjacob

kingjacob Peon

Best Answers:
    A pretty cool password setup was made by bkinn214 at WPT where initially the page looks like google but when you type a particular word in the search bar it gives you access to the proxy but all other search's bring you normal search results. This is only a password set up no user names but I think it could work for your buddies.

@streety:
    -1-2/day is probally the average but getting mainly US traffic and having the keywords does get you more.
    -Very rarely do they ban IPs so seperate domains usually suffices.
    -My current favorite script is glype, it is fast and its being actively developed,
    -Thanks to smart pricing running adwords for proxy related words is cheap as long as your landing page(your proxy) is properly coded and you pick the right keywords

kingjacob, Dec 11, 2007 IP
    streety likes this.
  3. Dondon2d

Dondon2d Peon

Best Answers:
    How do I block Iranian and Chinese traffic? I know it's mentioned already in this thread but I can't be arsed skimming through 125 pages, hehe. Thanks.

Dondon2d, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  4. NaNar

NaNar Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Mine too are in the crapper but have been for almost 2 months.....got a little better blocking China, now started blocking Iran....still crap.
    Went from making $60-$75 a day.... to if I'm lucky $18 same amount of clicks if not more...

NaNar, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  5. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    thats what you get for buying crap traffic. theres no way to get unsmart priced or at least i've tried it all and im still semi smart priced from buying crap traffic from here on DP. your screwed.

killafawk, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  6. kingjacob

kingjacob Peon

Best Answers:
    VERY BAD IDEA, proxy.org is overpriced and sends very low quality traffic. You are much better off using adwords because you'll not only get better conversions but also be able to limit the traffic to just US/UK/CAN. With proxy.org you have no control and if you do get traffic its going to getbe primarily eastern traffic that doesn't pay well.

kingjacob, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  7. alexus

alexus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whats range of IPs of China and IRAN and any other countrys that are "no good" for Google and would convert your proxy/domain into "smart priced" domain?

alexus, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  8. alexus

alexus Active Member

Best Answers:
    also according to Google Analytics, first 5 position i get traffic from following countrys:

1. United States 88,268 66.23%
    2. Brazil 8,692 6.52%
    3. United Kingdom 8,645 6.49%
    4. Australia 8,516 6.39%
    5. India 6,787 5.09%

yet it still seems like I was price smarted :( as my pay during the day is soooooooooo low its not even funny..
    and my CTR is forget it... if I tell you you'd laugh, especially knowing that I get 150K UV/m and 3.5M PV/m

some of my smaller proxy makes more money then this big one...

alexus, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  9. PokerCardEnt

PokerCardEnt Guest

Best Answers:
    once an account is smart priced it can't get a good cpc ever? Or are you talking about single domains?

I think I've been semi-smartpriced. So what the hell am I supposed to do. I'm trying to learn here and this isn't helping me. Well I did learn two things: don't submit to topsites and don't buy crap traffic.

PokerCardEnt, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  10. chessmastor

chessmastor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with you. I've purchased a bolded listing, and find that site has the lowest ctr.

chessmastor, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  11. thewird

thewird Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically means server setup and optimization and other minor things but is more then enough for proxy hosting. The only reason I don't say fully managed is because I occasionally get requests to install stuff like rails or some complicated script that can easily take an hour or more of work so semi-managed lets me say no to that even though I could do it.

thewird

thewird, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  12. thewird

thewird Peon

Best Answers:
    proxy.org isn't targeted to adsense since it doesn't send traffic to your homepage. You need to inproxy ads to reap the full benefit.

thewird

thewird, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  13. alexus

alexus Active Member

Best Answers:
    does it make sense for me/us proxy owners in general to somehow exclude certain keywords/phrases from adsense showing up on our page?

alexus, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  14. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    well i left my account alone for about 3 months using another account and i am only getting like 5 cents per click now even which is better than 1 - 2 cents but its still bad, it doesn't look like it will fully recovery.

15. alexus

alexus Active Member

Best Answers:
    how do I know if my account is smart priced? also does smart price goes for full account or does it goes only for specific domain?

alexus, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  16. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    also if anyone is really interested in making big bucks with proxies i do sell a secret technique that brings me USA,UK,EUROPE traffic all from the search engines anywhere from 300-1000 uniques a day (for me anyway) which really has no limit to how many uniques you can bring in.

I sell each proxy i make for 450$ after 1 week every time so right now i make 1,800$ a month off proxies just doing that for fun. But someone suggested a great idea to me that i could actually expand more and create more than one proxy and sell them off at 400$ each which i am looking to do for up to 5 proxies so thats 2250$ a week and its very easy to do.

and the method isn't limited to proxies at all you can get traffic for anything all you need are keywords and thats it.

Anyway im ranting i sell this service to 1 person per month for 1,500$ and i sold one this month but i have room for one more so if anyone is interested send me a pm but only serious offers please.

17. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    as far as i know its full account and your smart priced when you get like 1-3 cents per click.

18. alexus

alexus Active Member

Best Answers:
    you sell proxy with explanation of that secret technique ? so site can be maintaned properly?

alexus, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  19. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    the traffic stays for a very long time after. people bookmark and tell friends all that other good stuff.

20. Dudefromusa

Dudefromusa Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes people promote proxies :)

Dudefromusa, Dec 11, 2007 IP