1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The problem with Gmail

Discussion in 'Google' started by kevs22, Nov 30, 2016.

1. scf2

scf2 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hmmm... that's very common problems with "amateurs" in PR.

IMO, consider to hire some PR agency. ;)

scf2, Dec 28, 2016 IP
  2. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I usually charge to solve these problems, but I will show mercy and give you a few tips:

1. Read about DKIM and SPF
    2. Real Google's bulk email guidelines
    3. Make sure you are following all the rules

Tedel, Jan 13, 2017 IP
  3. Nick Chernets

Nick Chernets Member

Best Answers:
    Try to learn your letters, how?
    1. Write a similar letter to your friends and someone who in theory can be interested.
    2. Wait for a few days.
    3. Contact the man who you e-mailed before and ask if he considered your e-mail to be a spam, do this operation with not only one man.
    4. Make a conclusion

Nick Chernets, Apr 26, 2017 IP
  4. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have no way of judging the original poster's email practices. Are they spam or not? Only he knows the details.

But I do know that my inbox is slammed with unsolicited emails. If it's something irrelevant to my interests or needs, I mark it as spam. Some might say, "That's not fair to the sender." Tough! If he/she wants to invade my inbox uninvited with emails that I haven't asked for and don't want, to the Spam folder they go. If that helps get them labeled by Google as spammers, once again...tough! They are spamming! Frankly, I'm sick and tired of all the unsolicited junk email I get.

Jim4767, Apr 28, 2017 IP
  5. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I should add that I send out lots of bulk email. But I use the excellent Mailchimp website to do that. And I send those emails ONLY to the 1,000-plus people who have voluntarily subscribed to get my emails. And every email has an Unsubscribe button in case they get tired of hearing from me. But since they've all chosen to join through the subscribe button on my website, I find that the Unsubscribes are few and far between. If you're not a spammer, try Mailchimp or a similar program.

Jim4767, Apr 28, 2017 IP
  6. Simon Baker

Simon Baker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    this thread sorta took a sharp turn to nowhere fast didnt it?

Simon Baker, May 2, 2017 IP
  7. Jetfire

Jetfire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you send that much emails and most people mark it as spam, it will go there

Jetfire, May 31, 2017 IP
  8. webhost.uk.net

webhost.uk.net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to set SPF, DKIM and reverse DNS for mail server to make sure your email does not lands in spam folder.
    Also check the email IP is not having poor reputation.

webhost.uk.net, Jun 1, 2017 IP
  9. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use a good ESP (Email Service Provider). There are two types and one of them should be avoided like plague. Bad ESP's have senders with low score IP addresses. So the emails will end up in the spam folder of providers like Gmail, Yahoo etc. Good ESP's ban spammers and their platform is therefore more trusted by email providers. With an ESP you will among other things be able to create your own templates or use pre-made templates when you send emails. You can spam test your emails and see if they are at risk of being blocked. Also it should be mentioned that they will ask email providers to whitelist your IP address and domain.

Moreover there are things that you can do so you will not be perceived as a spammer. To start with the term "spam" has a certain meaning. What's the difference between something that is spam and something that isn't? When you send an email to somebody who has opted-in, the email will definitely not be classed as "spam". But in the opposite scenario it will be. So you need to build an email list consisting of people who have given their approval to receive emails from you. If they have, it will not be likely that your emails will be flagged as spam.

At last I would like to share with you the easiest way to not end up in the spam folder. Ask new subscribers to add your address to their address
    books. Even though this method is effective, not many people use it.

MrKing01, Jul 20, 2017 IP