1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Problem With Fiverr

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bmxer193, Feb 11, 2013.

1. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why not simply rely on promoting your gig outside Fiverr via SEO, social media, eBay listings, online classifieds, etc, instead of hoping Fiverr's internal system will keep your gigs visible? Then you are in control of driving traffic to the gig. Just set up a site pre-selling your service, and have it link to the gig url as your landing page.

melprise, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  2. drkwrld

drkwrld Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should promote you gig, on different social networks. Or just make your own mini site offering you services. ;)

drkwrld, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  3. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried just offering the same type of service, but on a freelance site? lol

James Byun, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  4. prawyyy

prawyyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best way is to copy another gigs tags, check which one are popular and test it with your offer. Keywords are very important, in description in title and in tags.

prawyyy, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  5. cjbmeb14

cjbmeb14 Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There are many problems with Fiverr.
    The main problem being that when you first start offering services, you can only charge $5 and out of this they take $1.
    Writing articles, designing ebook covers etc is not worth it, you will never make any decent money.
    It is better to sell a digital items that can be delivered automatically and will require little effort.

When using Fiverr have many different advert running and always use a video. Try using other similar sites that allow you to advertise your services at a better rate, sites such as giglistr.com

cjbmeb14, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  6. xtremseller

xtremseller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all information I also would like to know the fiverr reviews Gigs .

xtremseller, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  7. dandcouk

dandcouk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are also other websites (other than freelancer.com) offering freelancing jobs to contractors. Some among them are odesk.com, elance.com and guru.com. You can try here. There are innumerable opportunities.

dandcouk, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  8. DJAB-Milo

DJAB-Milo Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never used Fiverr. Can't you just create a new gig leaving the old one in place?

Possibly linking to that old Gig and thus keeping your positive reviews etc...?

DJAB-Milo, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  9. MJuggs

MJuggs Peon

Best Answers:
    I was using Fiverr for some time but I noticed that it is very hard to get sales on Fiverr because of the large amount of gigs with positive reviews already. I recently bumped into another Micro job site called SEO Clerks and things are looking good! Hopefully when I add some gigs I will get some orders.

MJuggs, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  10. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:

Yea I figured POF was making a killing. DIdn't know it was in the millions though. That's like the gold rush. The people who sold the shovels and jeans made the most money.

That's what Im on now... Skip trying to teach people how to make money all the time. Provide an excellent service and help them in their own businesses.

DennisKnows, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  11. Tasu

Tasu Member

Best Answers:
    You can generate traffic via social media (twitter, facebook) or solo ads. post and comment on blogs and link to your gigs too! It's still a good way to earn extra.

Tasu, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  12. Helen V

Helen V Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I agree that you should try other avenues before taking your site down. As an author who looks at this site, I do tend to read the reviews. They form an equal share of my decision making process.

Helen V, Oct 26, 2015 IP
  13. Helen V

Helen V Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As someone who uses Fiverr, I can't agree with the idea of abandoning it altogether. Someone like me knows where this particular site is and how to navigate it and find what I need, if you don't have a presence there I simply won't find you.

Helen V, Oct 26, 2015 IP
  14. adams2015

adams2015 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agreed with him ArchAxis "No problem" good lock friend :)

adams2015, Oct 27, 2015 IP
  15. corporatemanager

corporatemanager Member

Best Answers:
    Saturation in Fiverr is probably the issue. Everyone wants to get on top of the list to offer similar service.

corporatemanager, Oct 27, 2015 IP
  16. tacit

tacit Member

Best Answers:
    Im going to go out on a limb here and say that saturation on Fiverr is the least of their problems or reasons for engaging in such a poor structure within their own search functions for the site.
    I was one of the first 1,000 members on the site when it first launched... some of you maybe remember the early fiverr days which were basically like the wild wild west, TONs of blackhat services were listed & for the first few years, fiverr simply turned a blind eye while maintaining a position that they are actively combating the issue. Well, as I myself were selling a few Xrumer based services & also cracked software packages, some of which reached into the thousands of customers being sold to, and in 2 years I had cleared just over 6600 total sales as a Top Level Seller, maintained 99% positive feedback and not once did they say a word. One of the early support staff members who is now one of the heads of the company told me very simply that fiverr had no interest what so ever in moderating the services of black hat sellers on the site & that they were using the stats to attract potential buyout offers from corporate investors. Basically as long as the face value of the site looked clean & non-threatening (or in no way appeared to be associated with black hat services) then fiverr didnt care what you did.
    Once they landed their 15 million investment - literally overnight the entire site turned into a corral pen rather than a marketplace, as the new owners intended to control every aspect of the sales process, stripping the seller of ALL protection in the transactions & initiating a brand new search algorhythm that saw my daily 75-125 sales per day go down to around 3-5 per week if i was lucky. (Keep in mind by this point they had put the ban hammer on all the black hat services & i was selling only legit services such as Article Creation, Tweeting to active followers, etc. etc.
    All of a sudden the once friendly/family like atmosphere of the support staff turned into a circus of non-personal auto responses & the only answer they could give me was "fiverr has to make room for the new sellers on its marketplace & so periodically you might see a shift in your sales but you can be assured that it is not permanent" meanwhile at the exact same time 5 separate tests showed quite clearly that their search results were only catering to a very few select group of members & instead of simply allowing a search result system to be ranked based upon the sellers experience / rating / account level / etc. they were kicking people like myself & others (such as VaughnOnMovies one of the celebrity personalities who helped build fiverrs early membership to what it was, look on youtube for his complete detailed account of what i described above). So there was a MASS exodus of top level sellers from the site, including myself, who simply could no longer tolerate a company who could kick hard working sellers to the curb after years without so much as the common curtsy to give them a reach around (lol full metal jacket anyone, haha) - but as we can see, fiverr did not need us & the site has continued to grow into what it is today... I feel as though fiverr has become the laughing stock of the market place & is becoming known for services like 50 y/o guys from Alabama with 150pd beer guts drawing message on his gut and then dancing around... lol
    Dont get me wrong i am not knocking all the sellers there, some are genuinely good sellers & have great services they are just under a terrible management system which will never allow them to reach their full potential as sellers... I mean honestly, lets think about this simply - who would want to spend a year or two building up a sales page if you knew there was a 60-80% chance that after all your hard work, your account would be treated and displayed the exact same as some jerk off guy who just made 20 accounts in a row posting the same gig with different adjectives lol - So yeah... in summation to this short story... my advice is dont waste your time with fiverr there are plenty of other marketplaces out there who havent lost focus on their loyalty to buyers & sellers - My hands down overall favorite marketplace is SEOClerks

tacit, Oct 27, 2015 IP
  17. kikolani

kikolani Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't do anything that messes up the ratings. That said, I've seen some people put up new gigs and link to the older gigs to check out their ratings.

kikolani, Oct 27, 2015 IP
  18. Website Submitter

Website Submitter Member

Best Answers:
    To be fair, there is no problem with Fiverr. It depends on what you want and willing to pay.
    The name speaks for itself.

Website Submitter, Oct 28, 2015 IP