1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Power of Digg.com

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by biotechguy0331, Aug 13, 2006.

Does anyone here use Digg regularly? Can you please give a brief overview of the best way to make use of that site and what SEO benefits come from using it?

thanks! :)

biotechguy0331, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  2. timw

timw Peon

Best Answers:
    Write a good article / page > get it submitted to digg > watch the traffic kill your server

timw, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  3. ian_ok

ian_ok Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I think the same happend to DP when the DP request for new servers went out and someode digged it, Shawn soon made it a static page to ease the pain on the server.

ian_ok, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Digg traffic to a regular Joe's website is what Millwall's supporters meeting Southampton's supporters is in a regular Joe's cozy little cafe. You might sell a few more beers that day but you risk the entire place being smashed to pieces and you know they won't come back so forget about the long term results.

If anything, you'll get some links to compensate for drive by traffic.

T0PS3O, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  5. ian_ok

ian_ok Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the way of putting it....! Only Wolves have done this to me!

ian_ok, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  6. jlocke

jlocke Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems in order to get your article to the top level pages where people will actually see it you need to be one of the top level posters or know alot of people that will Digg your article. Otherwise forget about anyone ever seeing your article.

jlocke, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  7. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    I had an article start at Digg that hit the front page. I got about 1,000 people an hour. As the day progressed I was getting 4.000 people an hour. Then 10,000 people. What happened was my page was being posted on every news site around the world. I have a good server so it didn't go down. This lasted for about 2 weeks. Things slowed down and picked back up to 500 uniques a day for the next month. I only got one page on front page, but, people are much pickier now. Normally articles are posted from c-net, abc, cnn, bbc, etc. If you get called out it could hurt your rep.

factchecker, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  8. cj1223

cj1223 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digg can get you a load of traffic, but i don't think any of that traffic will generate a lot of sales, plus you have to have a site related to tech, if you got a video game news site i would definatly experiment with digg.

cj1223, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  9. cj1223

cj1223 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ya thats another bonus, theres alot of sites that post FP of digg sites, one being popurls.com you could see alot of traffic for a while do to this, and if you got a good site it might be all it takes to boost site traffic.

cj1223, Aug 13, 2006 IP