1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

the popular domain name scam

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by boomboo, Feb 21, 2013.

?

who thinks paypal should offer service similar to escrow?

1. yes

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    hello all i recently sold a domain name to some one it was only for $20 but the buyer paid with paypal and then around 3 hours after or some thing like that he created a dispute saying he as not recieved any thing from me even though i sent the domain name as soon as he paid me i am not too bothered as its only $20 its just how far do people go these days its only $20 lol.

any ways just letting you all know to be carefull when selling domain names and getting paid with paypal if the amount is over $100 i would say use a more secure service like escrow or similar service.

i created this thread because in the past few day i have seen people writing similar stories of it happening to them so thought i would warn you all.
    boomboo, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If he is only claiming that he did not receive, then paypal does not cover digital transactions, you should win the dispute; if he paid with credit card, then that could change the outcome if he disputes with card services, not that paypal cares, but only accept payment if their paypal is confirmed, then send email to their email address to verify order but like i said paypal isnt interested in all that anyway, they care more about what can be proved such as a box of rocks, and a physical postal receipt.
    dscurlock, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  3. Jack Gordon

Jack Gordon Peon

Best Answers:
    If he got the domain and kept the money, you should be able to file a complaint with the registrar and they will investigate and return the domain to you.
    Jack Gordon, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  4. boomboo

boomboo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thank you both for your reply,s
    boomboo, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  5. Swift Tony

Swift Tony Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Also, please keep in mind that sometimes it is possible to call back a payment which was made with credit card within 3 days. That's why sometimes you see a 3 days confirmation time required at some services who accept payments from visa or mastercard.
    Swift Tony, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  6. Maharani

Maharani Member

Best Answers:
    too many scams right now, better use an escrow service for transactions upto $500.
    Maharani, Mar 6, 2013 IP