1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling The Periodic Elements

Discussion in 'Sites' started by cosmonaut, Mar 12, 2017.

Why are you selling this site?
    Raise funds for other projects, clear server space

How is it monetized?
    adsense

Does this site come with any social media accounts?
    no

How much time does this site take to run?
    none

What challenges are there with running this site?
    none

I bought this site over a decade ago, always meaning to do something with it, but never quite getting round to it. It's a great domain name, and full of great scientific content. I stuck adsense on it for some of the time I owned it, and it broadly breaks even with domain renewal. I have not put any time or effort into monetizing this, and i'm sure it could do way better I have never attempted to build links, add content, send traffic or anything. As I say, largely ignored for a decade or more. The content was created by another site https://www.webelements.com/ and the only caveat about using their data was that they required a link on every page back to them. Having said this, I feel I have the better domain name. Domain will have one full year registration. I will set up this site on your server for an extra $50. Otherwise you will receive a zip of all html, mysql, images moves etc. Domain is registered with godaddy

cosmonaut, Mar 12, 2017 IP
  2. Randrom

Randrom Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    hi, what's your best offer / lowest price for this? how often does the original content source site update their site and is your site updated with mirror content manually or by other means? Thanks

Randrom, Mar 18, 2017 IP
  3. Paz

Paz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    96.2% - 25
    KInd of curious here too. Does the site require Windows/dot net hosting though?

Paz, Mar 18, 2017 IP
  4. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No, I host this on an Apache server. I have never updated the content. As far as I know it does not update automatically. I bought this so long ago, I can find no records - I have just emailed the owner of the original source for clarification. Will post an update when I get it. opening bid is $50 - I guess that is my lowest price

cosmonaut, Mar 18, 2017 IP
  5. Randrom

Randrom Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Any updates?

Randrom, Mar 22, 2017 IP
  6. cosmonaut

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    no, the original seller (the owner of webelements) has an auto reply on their email.. away for a few weeks.

cosmonaut, Mar 23, 2017 IP
  7. cosmonaut

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The domain has expired - I will renew this if someone wants to buy - once it goes over 10 (I believe) days godaddy charge a lot to get it back. If you want this bid now - or make an offer - once we get past 10 days (I think about 7 left) this sale will cancel and I will just let the domain go - thanks

cosmonaut, Mar 25, 2017 IP
  8. cosmonaut

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have had sufficient interest in this that I have renewed the domain. Feel free to make an offer for the domain only - traffic stats attached for Feb 2017 - been fairly static for years[​IMG]

cosmonaut, Mar 30, 2017 IP