1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The ONLY web directories you should submit your sites to

Discussion in 'Directories' started by blue555, Sep 8, 2009.

1. david.j

david.j Peon

Best Answers:
    directory submission is very helpful to promote any site these three sites are not enough for directory submission

david.j, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  2. Snowblind1

Snowblind1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sick of all these people saying that have done 'research' of their own and claiming directories are dead/pointless/not valued/etc. As far as I see it, if you're stating this without showing any of your research your post is completely useless - other than to get your post count up ;) There's no value to others.

Someone over at IVS forums said a similar thing, and upon asking to backup his research he produced a bunch of fly-by-night link farms as evidence. The problem is, a lot of people don't realise the difference between a link farm that looks like a directory, and a true directory. The difference is vital for any true form of research to be undertaken. Provided there indeed has been any kind of research by this guy, I'd hazard a guess that he's been tracking link farms and/or has no idea about how search engines work.

Snowblind1, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  3. the madness

the madness Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the listing above- some great links!

the madness, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  4. shalprit

shalprit Peon

Best Answers:
    Its so hard to get into DMOZ, Need to find a moderator of DMOZ who can do it for Price. Seems like DMOZ is over hyped everywhere...

shalprit, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  5. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The OP is using the term SEO as it was originally used... ie - Any action that makes your site perform better on Search Engines.

Since then the term has been split in two... with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) meaning what you do ON-site to make it perform better (where / how often / what method you employ keywords, etc)... and SEM (Search Engine Marketing) being used to describe actions you take OFF-site to improve performance in Search Engines (incoming link strategies, advertising, etc).

Rather than castigating him for a rather common semantic faux pas... seems more helpful (if less fun) to address his question. The three mentioned are good directories and proven performers. I think there are others that have value, he's just looking for suggestions of what we as a group think those others are.

Of the three he mentioned I have worked for two and have had sites in the third, and can back up his trust in their worth from personal observation, but that tells him nothing he doesnt already know.

I've seen webmasters that swear by Biz Dir and various niche directories. Seems to me that's all he's asking for... the ones (besides those listed) that you guys like. [OK, we have a zillion threads on that topic, but that never seems to stop another from sprining up.]

robjones, Sep 13, 2009 IP
    Ibn Juferi likes this.
  6. lilmasta

lilmasta Guest

Best Answers:
    yeah rather then these 3 all directory sites are mostly crap ..

lilmasta, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  7. STATBD

STATBD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    can you help me about your this post ?
    I would like to know more about it

STATBD, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  8. emilio

emilio Peon

Best Answers:
    never try DMOZ before, thanks for sharing

emilio, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  9. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    ys relevant direcoty submission will help

newlogo, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  10. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean other than those 3?

pipes, Sep 14, 2009 IP
    robjones likes this.
  11. balochcompanymail

balochcompanymail Peon

Best Answers:
    Directories are quickly going out of style. The major directories will stay up for infomation purposes but I believe the ones below pr5 or just starting up will not get far.

balochcompanymail, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  12. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I wasn't aware that anyone looked at directories in that way, how long have you used directories for yourself?

When did the PR5 bit bring you to that decision?

pipes, Sep 14, 2009 IP
    Brian1970 likes this.
  13. alsatech

alsatech Peon

Best Answers:
    Building web sites SEO and marketing them SEM is like comparing apples and oranges. You can marketing poorly build site till you drop dead and never see it in SERP whereas professionally optimized sites (and we see them all the time rated PR5 sites and only 10 backlinks in Google’s top 50), come up on top in SERP even if owner never promoted it because Search Engines can read them.

Rather than castigating fastreplies, why don’t you point OP to his directory instead of praising old outdated and have nothing to offer directories. All you have to do is to check his directory “more info” page to see the difference between modern approach in his and old-fashioned have nothing to offer visitors directories.

If after his research he could come up with only 3 directories, then no matter what people will offer to complement his “research” will ever satisfy his high demand for perfection. That and the fact he has made trolling thread.

;)

alsatech, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  14. sjr4x4

sjr4x4 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well said and couldn't agree more! Make the site useful for visitors, which a lot of people these days seem to lose sight of.

sjr4x4, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  15. yessica

yessica Guest

Best Answers:
    Directory submission doen't make any sense now, it's outdated system.

yessica, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  16. Snowblind1

Snowblind1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Without any sort of evidence your post is about as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Snowblind1, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  17. shanel

shanel Peon

Best Answers:
    would only 3 directories help?

shanel, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  18. Business Attorney

Business Attorney Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are specialty directories in every niche. For example, for a lawyer, the choices range from a couple of well-respected (but pricey) directories that advertise their sites extensively across the web, to a whole slew of thrown-together directories that offer dirt-cheap links but have 0 PR and never turn up themselves in a Google search. The former seem to have SEM value (at least they show up as a backlink in Google and Yahoo) but the latter are treated no better than link farms.

Business Attorney, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  19. downloadvyp

downloadvyp Peon

Best Answers:
    this is an interesting post.it could go forever in this way,as the opinions are different.i still belive that directories does help,i've tested it ,had websites that were promoted mostly by directories,and after some time those website ranked pretty well in search engines

downloadvyp, Sep 19, 2009 IP
  20. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, how could we possibly argue with that.
    Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, but it expresses a courage little seen in this day and age....;)

robjones, Sep 20, 2009 IP