1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Obama thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by homebizseo, Jul 20, 2008.

1. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never heard of Miguel Lausell. It would probably be a bigger deal if pizzaman endorsed McCain.

LogicFlux, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    And I've never heard of you. ;)

Mia, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  3. Briant

Briant Peon

Best Answers:
    I know. They are basically the same. I think we have seen this charade many times before.

Briant, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  4. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm huge in Japan.

LogicFlux, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  5. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    i endorse mccain to be cindy's full time b---h

pizzaman, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  6. Xphic

Xphic Active Member

Best Answers:
    What do you guys think Obama and the campaign will do October 29th with the 30 minute TV ad?

So far, CBS, NBC, and FOX will show it.

I am most surprised at FOX, because it will push back the World Series 30 minutes if it heads to Game 6.

Which could probably double Obama audience if it does. Since he doesn't have to compete with the World Series.

Xphic, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  7. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    he is going to ask the people to unite and fix the country. he will ask for a landslide

pizzaman, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  8. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    You know you can actually go to Barackobama.com and read the economic policies that he wants to enact, instead of dwelling of 1 sound byte to form your opinion. He said "Spread the wealth", meaning let everyone benefit, not just some, I am sure you are intelligent to understand that.

Trust me , you will still have plenty of loop holes to hide behind so that you can pay less taxes than the average person especially if you are an employer, teach, or actually contribute to society, but this time, they will not just be for you, or me, they will be for everyone.

Do you have a problem with the tax code being fair for everyone , or do you not care about the rest of the country as long as you get yours?

hmansfield, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  9. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think the problem with the conservative approach is that the American people are watching this time.

They are watching John McCain struggle to find a consistent message while hanging on to every word that comes out of the Obama campaign looking for something to attack them on instead of focusing on their own message and telling the American people why THEY should be elected.

Now in all fairness McCain has tried. But in this economic environment it's tough because no matter how many times McCain says he's not George Bush, he is still a conservative Republican and his plan reflects that.

So in this environment attacking Barack on his plan doesn't work because the more they try to speak against Obama's plan the more it just makes people realize how different it is than the Bush methodology.

In this election people want change and it seems the more opposite you are from Bush the more they like you. Even if they don't fully understand your plan as the average American voter doesn't.

The folks that ARE paying attention, especially some independents and conservatives are also starting to look at it and though they may have some ideological differences with Obama's plan, SEEM to be willing to give another option a try.

GeorgeB., Oct 25, 2008 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Yeah, and I could ask Keith Olbermann's opinion on foreign policy too. When I want a slightly skewed version of reality I visit DP and threads like this.

You and I both know exactly what he meant and said. Spread the Wealth. Let's not be naive here.

I don't hide behind loopholes. I pay more, because I make more. Its the people that do not contribute to society that live in a loophole.

Please stop insulting my intelligence. Fair is everyone paying the same percentage. I don't have a problem with that. What I have a problem with is government spreading the wealth. The only people that believe in what you are touting are people that are enslaved by the entitlement system.

The tax code as it stands right now is anything but fair. Under Barrack Obama it not only gets worse, in some areas it breaks current tax law. People making that $30k to $45k range are going to be paying the highest marginal rate. Hardly seems fair to me.

Of course Obama was a community organizer, not an economist.

Mia, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  11. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Obama Staff Pull Their Bogus Ballots in Ohio
    Typical dishonesty expected from the Obama campaign. They were fine with voting fraud, until it became apparent they would be caught.

Obama spending $293,000 an hour in October

Let's sum this up. While liberals were whining about wardrobes for Palin over a six week period, Obama was spending more in an hour than the RNC had spent for Palin over six weeks. In fact, it's closer to 30 minutes. Obama spends more in 30 minutes than the RNC spend on Palin's wardrobe.

It goes much deeper than that. Obama talks about cutting spending, working towards balancing a budget and all the other rhetoric, but he's not leading by example.

Meanwhile, the McCain campaign (who lived up to their promise to take federal funding, where Obama once again misled) seems to be practicing what they preach.

McCain gets worse media coverage than Obama?

The good ol' liberal media, doing their part to help their candidate. It's no longer just "apparent," it's flat out impossible to miss.

Give the immediate story just above, you probably wont' see this one in the media either. Well, at least until AFTER the election!

Obama Campaign Donation Fraud - Intentional?
    Lots of sources and cited examples of how rampant this is running. Most likely it's intentional. Hard to imagine the campaign could be so incompetent over something that requires so much oversight.

GTech, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  12. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Then so be it. Again the attitude just because you employ people, somehow you should be exempt ?

I say go ahead and make good on your threats that you are going to fire people if you are made to pay taxes.

We don't need companies extorting the system anymore.
    Go somewhere else and operate, and hire cheap foreign labor, and leave your citizenship at the door on the way out.

hmansfield, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  13. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bill Clinton brought us back from one Bush's recession.

Now it's time for Barack Obama to bring us back from another Bush recession.

And the cycle continues. The republicans were trying to scare people with "he'll raise your taxes" nonsense back then too.

GeorgeB., Oct 26, 2008 IP
  14. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    It's the same every election. They label Dems "Tax and Spend", scare people about national Security, and when they win they run a muck with consumer protections and deregulation.

Everyone gets in an uproar about having to pay a fair share of taxes, but then when there is a natural, or economic disaster the very same people are crying for the Government to help them.

We see what happens when we divert money away from our social programs and infrastructure...New Orleans, and the bridge collapse in Minnesota...people die.

15. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    All you have to ask yourself is, do you want the guy that ran this fiasco of a campaign to run the country.
    a vote for mccain is a vote for aimless presidency. drift and drift and drift
    there are three type of presidents.
    Builders
    Keepers
    Destroyers.
    Mccain like bush is going to be a destroyer. at best he is going to be a keeper. he does not the capacity to be a builder.
    Obama has the capacity to be a builder. he might be a keeper but we have hope that he can reach his full potential and become a builder.

pizzaman, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  16. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    How can people who don't work live in a loophole. if they don't work, they don't pay taxes.
    Really ? Like 100's of billions of dollars to very large corporations who have raped and pillaged the system for the last 8 years, collapsed the world financial markets, and still came out rich ?

This is the biggest handout in the history of the Federal Government and it is being given out by a Republican President, but I guess this hand out is OK , right ? I guess it all depends on who you want to keep the hand outs away from.

I'll take his Masters Degrees over McCains "C-" average any day.

17. affiliategirl

affiliategirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Give me a community organizer any day and you will have an economy run by good people. If 12 dozens of eggs are needed for a good and nutritious recipe, someone must take good care of the hen first who lays the eggs. If you really think about it, that someone is actually the source of eggs, not the chicken. I'm out of here. :p

affiliategirl, Oct 26, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  18. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    God - truly bankrupt of ideas. Please note that this is the GOP's OFFICIAL WEBSITE. What's headlining? (1) Barack Obama - the spectre of the ages (must have tapped a few members here for the "Islamic terrorist plant/traitor/homosexual triangle murder thing), and (2) Joe Biden's "gaffe timeline."

[​IMG]

Glad the GOP is concentrating on the really important stuff. :rolleyes:

Can someone say Nero?

(I prefer Bugs Bunny's version, which is about as dignified as the GOP's conduct over the waning days of its candidate's candidacy):

Of course, between its "Boo!" tactics over Obama's person, and it's systematic efforts to illegally rob 100's of 1000's of U.S. citizens of their right to vote, it's difficult to know what the hell the party stands for, anymore, beyond preaching religiously-tinged "values" to "non-real" Americans.

northpointaiki, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You my friend are one confused individual.

Mia, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  20. Xphic

Xphic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Former GOP senator, Vietnam veteran backs Obama

Some quotes FTA:

Xphic, Oct 27, 2008 IP