1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The new firefox homepage is very interesting...

Discussion in 'Google' started by NewComputer, Nov 11, 2004.

NewComputer, Nov 11, 2004 IP
  2. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    just means google got mozilla to use them as the default SE -- no biggie I dont think

joeychgo, Nov 11, 2004 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Unless Google reciprocates and starts promoting Firefox on their home page for a little while. That would be cool.

digitalpoint, Nov 11, 2004 IP
  4. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely, I just read a report from MS that said that FF is no threat to IE... add Google to the mix and I think someone may be eating crow. As for reciprocating, I believe it will be happening very shortly. They are prolly just hammering out the details (or have been for a few months)...

5. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Well here is another aspect to consider. When a company gets an IPO and they try to grow as fast as google seems to be after the IPO, usually the company falls flat on its face. Google has a good foundation but if they keep trying to buy up all these companies, the bottom will fall out IMHO.

Plus this will also cause investors if they see the same thing to take their profits and run, leaving google with a very large financial bag to hold.

Las Vegas Homes, Nov 11, 2004 IP
  6. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    hmmm, have to disagree on this one LVH... G has done pretty well with investing etc... When was the last time we heard anything about this company that was backwards, save for the guys at [nourl]www.scroogle.org[/nourl] (I believe AC started Scroogle. Anyways, Google has been very wise in their investments, as well as been very successful with their programs (adwords, adsense etc...)

I think if there is a partnership with Mozilla (or FF) that it will be well researched and will definitely benefit them and all their users, subscribers etc....

7. vlead

vlead Peon

Best Answers:
    vlead, Nov 11, 2004 IP
  8. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    Very interesting.... that article never crossed my desk.

quote: "In addition, Google is hosting the Firefox start page because, according to Baker, the company's technical infrastructure is more capable of supporting high volumes of traffic"

Sounds like maybe a writer at Google presented that to them before they hit the public. I really like the home page. It is my homepage for IE as well (when I don't use my own masterpiece....haha)

9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Google browser is Firefox browser, Firefox browser is Google browser.

I must be crazy but I think the Google Browser is the Firefox browser or the Firefox browser is the Google browser.

http://news.com.com/Google+star+of+Firefoxs+new+browser/2100-1032_3-5449172.html

I think I am going insane because the Firefox browser looks like the Google browser :confused:

Is the Firefox browser the Google browser?????? ;) :)

anthonycea, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  10. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    From what I hear, Firefox is the base for the Goole browser. However Google will tweak it by adding gmail access, the google bar and other google stuff.

TwisterMc, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  11. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Anthony is home early and sounds like he has put down a few too many.

Is this good or bad if it is true? (google browser is Firefox)

Anthony will have to say that they will have spyware added into their version of firefox. Google will have a monopoly on the browser industry all infested with a googlebar type of spyware watching everything we do.

debunked, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  12. beitemiller

beitemiller Peon

Best Answers:
    I have always loved FF since being turned onto it about a year back. I approve of the alliance, just as long as they isn't the spyware we all figure it will probably come with.

beitemiller, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't worry, it is widely known that Google is not spyware or Google software is spyware, whichever version you want to believe.

It is completely optional (your beliefs), works either way, do you care if Google knows where you go and what files are on your hard drive?

I don't care if they know where you go or what sites you webmaster or what is on your hard drive.

I don't care what Google does anymore, I am more worried about Microsoft taking complete control over computing.

Go Google, I love you guy's, You are now my hero's, Larry, Sergey, can I come over for dinner sometime and discuss Public relations with you guys? :confused: :) :D

14. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    WOW!!?!?!
    Lowe and behold, Anthony...
    Those are words I never thought I'd see you type...

I have actually set my home page to the forefox default now. I like the layout... :)

SEbasic, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    This is really an OS war, not a browser war, since Microsoft continues to insist that IE is a part of the Windows OS and not a stand alone product the browser has become a tool of war in the OS war.

Google OS is: Google search, Gmail, Google News, Blogger, Goo IM, Google Hard drive search and just about any other Google service you can get online including Google web hosting down the road.

Google will be the CPU that folks are and will store files on.

You will not need anything but a dumb terminal to access the Google Data Center (Google OS).

Softie is in big trouble with security problems, Google, Apple and Linux desktop coming on strong.

16. bigslowrock

bigslowrock Peon

Best Answers:
    is this some new instant pron that google is working on? :D :p

Seriously, I love FF and I love competition. This can only be seen as a good thing IMHO.

bigslowrock, Nov 13, 2004 IP