1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Movie Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by Dominic, Jul 9, 2006.

Review a movie or comment on a movie mentioned

Review a movie (tips for format):

1. you have recently seen
    2. name an old favourite

Detailing:

a. the title
    b. drief description without plot spoilers
    c. name a few actors in it
    d. rating of one to five stars (half stars are fine)
    e. any comments
    f. a link to either imdb, the official website or wikipedia

Here is my first one:

Just saw 'Click' (wiki link) about a guy who gets a universal remote, allowing him to pause, rewind and fastworward sections of his life... Adam Sandler stars, with the Hoff as his boss and Kate Beckinsale as his wife.
    4 stars
    Quite good, thought it would be a straight comedy but had a sad side to it with a positive dramatic point about life.

Old Fave 'Goodfellas' (wiki link) about the real life mobster Henry Hill, played by Ray Liotta also stars Robert De Niro and a ton of other great Itialian actors.
    5 stars
    As far as mafia movies go, this is one of the all time classics... check it out.

Dominic, Jul 9, 2006 IP
  2. groovenectar

groovenectar Peon

Best Answers:
    I just reviewed a movie that is coming out at the end of this month. I haven't exactly seen it, but I have seen enough to be able to write a few sentences on my blog as a review:

John Tucker Must Die

I knooow this doesn't follow the format of the thread, but I just blogged this and then saw this post shortly thereafter. It's too much of a coincidence, seems like it had to be posted!

groovenectar, Jul 9, 2006 IP
  3. werewe12

werewe12 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why are you killing a movie without ever watching it?

werewe12, Jul 9, 2006 IP
  4. groovenectar

groovenectar Peon

Best Answers:
    Hahh, it's just a joke.... But in all seriousness, if you watch the trailer you'll see that it's just another mindless film to make money off of kids that lap up the sexuality and shallow drama.

groovenectar, Jul 9, 2006 IP
  5. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll give you a pass as your blog post does link to imdb not aff links for amazon or something else... but this thread is more intended as conversational and seo neutral linking to the sites mentioned in the first post instead of our own stuff.

Dominic, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  6. groovenectar

groovenectar Peon

Best Answers:
    Pulp Fiction

Description: Dark drama with a twisted and intertwined story. High shock value. Bits of humor, often stemming from the sheer shock value of the twists. Has a very retro feel. As with many Tarantino films, it is very "raw" and is not for everyone, especially those who are easily offended or disturbed.

Performers: Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Uma Thurman, Quentin Tarantino (director and cameo-ish appearance), Ving Rhames, Christopher Walken (cameo), Harvey Keitel

Rating: *****

Comments: This is my all-time favorite movie, and I consider it nearly flawless. It has almost no product placement, which speaks highly of the film. In fact, there are many instances of faux product placement. The dialog is impeccable, as is much of the character development and interaction.

Links: IMDB, Wikipedia

groovenectar, Jul 12, 2006 IP