1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The most robust log analyzer?

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by NewComputer, Oct 5, 2004.

Hey gang, just wondering what is the most in depth log analyzer that you know of? I am not sure the data that I am looking for (I know, a great help I am) but I want the most data that is available. Something that will analyze and almost explain exactly what is taking place. Any ideas....

NewComputer, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  2. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Sawmill from flowerfire.com and I like it. It's very robust and customizible. If you beta test, you can get it for free. I tested, found two bugs even though they were already reported and got the extra credit for reporting them. I ended up with the five version license.

mopacfan, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  3. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    The Human Brain.

Sorry NC, just pulling :)

OK, let's put it this way... what exactly are you looking for? Or what is missing from your current stat package? I've been using http://www.123counts.com/ for a few years and I does what I need - $99 setup and fee per month dependant on traffic is more than some people want to pay, but you can white label it...

plus the new version does ecommerce things that are just beyond my needs...

Lever, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  4. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    LiveStats is Great...

It gives geo information, usage stats... All sorts... Really Good.

Also, SmarterStats (Which I have been using for my blog site), is really good. Goes into quite a bit of detail for pretty much anything. Also has report templates for SEO, Mebmaster, Marketeer and CEO's...

Worth a look.

SEbasic, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  5. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What I am looking for is things that are out of the 'norm' or requests that would be deemed questionable. I am trying to find out someway if someone is using our content and linking to us, I assume as a referrer. It is a really complex situation, one that SEB is a little familiar with, but all in all I am looking for the most information related to links etc...

NewComputer, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  6. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Are you talking legitimate or ripped content NC?

Lever, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  7. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Live Stats - That is the most comprehensive log analyser that I know of...

Pretty expensive too, but very good indeed.

SEbasic, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  8. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with Sawmill... I also Beta tested for them and got a free version (I didn't find any bugs but spent many hours testing). They seem to offer the most accurate stats which is usually a lot more valuable than in depth. AOL is a big culprit in having all their users be from VA.

I also thought their customer support was top notch. I can't list any other good ones because I had so many bad ones, once I got Sawmill I stopped testing.

yfs1, Oct 6, 2004 IP
  9. randfish

randfish Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are willing to switch to cookie-based analysis instead of log files, I recommend manticore technology - www.manticoretechnology.com - I really like the ability to integrate email tracking and the ability to make separate campaigns so I can see what people who bought (or filled out a form, etc) typed in to find me, as opposed to just seeing the stats for everyone.

randfish, Oct 6, 2004 IP
  10. eduardomaio

eduardomaio Peon

Best Answers:
    That's interesting, but wouldn't that be a little abusive considering your users privacy?

eduardomaio, Oct 7, 2004 IP